PDA

View Full Version : Swappable Parts

zAFW
03-04-2008, 07:11 AM
I was wondering, what parts are swappable from other cars that would improve performance?

I'll probably head to my local JY on Friday and buy some parts. My car is pretty much fixed up, it has one problem but it doesn't affect the car's performance.

I'm thinking about working on the exhaust, are there other cars that have a better manifold (as well as fits perfectly) than the stock I have now?

I've read somewhere that the intake throttle from a Integra 90-93 fits on our cars or ?

You know, things like that. Buying them custom/brand new is too expensive for me. So, yeah, what kind of parts are swappable from another car to my car. Thanks in advance, I appreciate your comments! :)

MessyHonda
03-04-2008, 01:14 PM
how about 4th gen map sensor....look it up...i dyno proved that it gives you like 2 more hp and 4 pounds of torque

Ichiban
03-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Try the 88-89 lx-i intake and exhaust. Though a bit of a PITA for minimal gain.

02GTP
03-04-2008, 09:33 PM
cheapest thing u can do it cut out the cat, get an intake and take out some weight. oh and sell your cat too, to a recycling company, i got $90 for mine.

lostforawhile
03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
cheapest thing u can do it cut out the cat, get an intake and take out some weight. oh and sell your cat too, to a recycling company, i got $90 for mine.he's in LA he can't do that

zAFW
03-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I have to pass smog tests. I hate doing smog tests, why do *I* have to pay $50 to make sure my car releases 'clean' air. I can't even buy cars from other states! Or rather have them registered in CA anyways but all that is besides the point.

Yeah I have to keep the cat.

88-89 intake and exhaust? Would that make much of a difference or ?

I was thinking about that MessyHonda, I've read the How-To, sounds easy. Though I wonder, is the 5th gen a mix of both power and gas saving or ? I didn't quite get that part. Probably doesn't matter anyway since I might not even find a 5th gen in a JY

MessyHonda
03-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I have to pass smog tests. I hate doing smog tests, why do *I* have to pay $50 to make sure my car releases 'clean' air. I can't even buy cars from other states! Or rather have them registered in CA anyways but all that is besides the point.

Yeah I have to keep the cat.

88-89 intake and exhaust? Would that make much of a difference or ?

I was thinking about that MessyHonda, I've read the How-To, sounds easy. Though I wonder, is the 5th gen a mix of both power and gas saving or ? I didn't quite get that part. Probably doesn't matter anyway since I might not even find a 5th gen in a JY

with the 4th gen map sensor...i went from 32mpg to around 28mpg...i could see my gas go down on the freeway...but it did have a bit more power...not worth it for daily driving just if you are going to race or something.

Ichiban
03-05-2008, 05:11 PM
You could add a cam to the mix, as well as any CARB approved header (not sure about pacesetter, pretty much your only choice)