PDA

View Full Version : stock wheels and hubs QUSTION

Admiral
09-19-2002, 05:44 PM
I'M CURIOUS
SINCE THE STOCK HUBS ARE DESIGNED TO BE HELD ONTO THE WHEEL BY THE LUG NUTS IF I GOT NEW HUBS FROM LIKE JCW WOULD THEY ATTACH TO THE WHEELS OR BECAUSE OF THE LUG NUT THING WOULD THEY NOT GO ON?
THE REASON I WANT TO KNOW IS BECAUSE ONLY 3 OF MY 4 HUBS MATCH EACH OTHER ONE OF THEM IS FROM A DIFFERENT HONDA MODEL AND I'D LIKE TO GET SOMETHING THAT MATCHS AND IM NOT IN LOVE THE WHOLE "HELD ON BY LUG" DESIGN.

HondaBoy
09-19-2002, 05:59 PM
i looked a the JCW site and it looks to me like yes, u can put a hubcap on that isnt held on by the lug nuts. i know many people that have done this to their accords and other cars. u just need to make shur that its the right size like if your car has the 13in. wheels or 14in. wheels. u dont want to buy something that isnt going to fit. JCW has some nice hubcaps, but in my opinion, i would want to get original or remanufactured honda accord hubs. what i did was 2day i went and got some stock honda enkei rims. they are nice but could use new paint. i am going to get them chromed. just a thought to what u might want to do. also these wheels that i got cover up the drum brakes in the back so they look realy good and clean up the appearance. oh ya , i only paid $50 for the rims and they came with good tires. is that a steal or wut?