PDA

View Full Version : Florida meet

SZfiftyfour
03-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Because central Georgia is too far for maybe one or two days. This is a feeler thread open to suggestions. I'll put a bid in for a beach meet: Spring/summer in Daytona? There's plenty of stuff to do thats for sure. And If the beach is open to traffic it'd be a killer photo-op.

Vanilla Sky
03-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Daytona, as a beach, sucks balls. Overly polluted and full of tourists.

Crescent Beach, just a bit north, over by St. Augustine, is a mich nicer beach with far fewer people, and it's always open to traffic.

We need a meet, but I just don't have the time to plan one anymore.

labeledsk8r
03-07-2008, 09:38 PM
you know im down... us ocala guys need to get together for a mini meet aswell

lostforawhile
03-07-2008, 09:58 PM
north florida works for me since i'm pretty close to it.

SZfiftyfour
03-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Overly polluted and full of T&A.

^fixed

Seriously though, you're right. Usually if i go to the east coast i'll go to Ormond. never heard of Crescent beach but it sounds sweet.
There are a lot of nice beaches on the gulf side as well. Caladesi island near clearwater is ranked #2 beach in the US.

labeledsk8r
03-08-2008, 02:11 AM
yo CcordLevel2, andrew and me were going to take our coupes to the court house parking garage and go to the top floor (no one is ever parked up there) and snap some pics... you should come on down and join the fun...

on a side note... was that 2g in gavins junk yard red/maroon ? if not then theres another one there... it wasnt in the same spot but they seem to of been moveing crap around when i went so it mighta just got moved

SZfiftyfour
03-09-2008, 09:40 AM
yo CcordLevel2, andrew and me were going to take our coupes to the court house parking garage and go to the top floor (no one is ever parked up there) and snap some pics... you should come on down and join the fun...

on a side note... was that 2g in gavins junk yard red/maroon ? if not then theres another one there... it wasnt in the same spot but they seem to of been moveing crap around when i went so it mighta just got moved

when you doing that? i gotta work every day for the next two weeks but i have relatively short days so just let me know.

yea that 2g was maroon and had a burned up motor. i didnt see any other ones there. Mine is going under the knife here shortly. I found an Lx-i coupe (86/87?) i might buy, i'll drive that while my 2g gets some much needed tlc. only problem its an automatic. I may fix whats wrong on it and re-sell it or i could part it out once the 2g is done.

labeledsk8r
03-11-2008, 12:19 AM
no clue when were doing it.. its kinda up in the air... any day you have in mind? lol i dunno if you can even get into the garage right now though i didnt know they were rebuilding the court house till a few days ago... so meh... what about like wed afternoon??

Vanilla Sky
03-11-2008, 09:20 PM
What about a junkyard meet? There are what, 3 Ocala members? I'll drive down, it's like an hour from here. Very little planning needed, and can be done on short notice.

labeledsk8r
03-11-2008, 09:23 PM
What about a junkyard meet? There are what, 3 Ocala members? I'll drive down, it's like an hour from here. Very little planning needed, and can be done on short notice.

yeah.... sounds good... andrew and me hit the junk yards daily almost so whenever you deside lol

SZfiftyfour
03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
no clue when were doing it.. its kinda up in the air... any day you have in mind? lol i dunno if you can even get into the garage right now though i didnt know they were rebuilding the court house till a few days ago... so meh... what about like wed afternoon??

shite, sorry for responding late. crazy hours at work so not much time for 3geez.
the junk yard thing sounds cool. I'll be working in palatka tomorrow (thu) i should be back around 12/1pm. and im off on friday.

Vanilla Sky
03-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Dude, what do you do for work? You'll be in my neck of the woods.

SZfiftyfour
03-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Dude, what do you do for work? You'll be in my neck of the woods.

Just recently started working for this place RGIS, since i was forced out of my last job{assholes}. We do audits for retailers. We're taking a team up there for an audit but im not driving myself, otherwise i'd say lets meet up.
If we do a j/y meet, That gavins u-pull place has tons of 3g's.

Vanilla Sky
03-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Ahh, who are you doing inventory for? And additionally, are they hard to get a job with? I work at a call center, and I'm hating it.

labeledsk8r
03-12-2008, 09:57 PM
hmmm um so like friday? is that what were shooting for?

and what junk yards are we hitting... andrew just went today... and i really dont need anytihng (plus im broke as a joke lol) but i will go just to shoot the breeze

UnforgivenPyro
03-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Like Justin said, I went today. Not really much I need right now either, just a few random pieces here and there. I'll probably still go though.

SZfiftyfour
03-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Friday works. i work at night sat&sun so my days are open if sky has to work fri. either ways fine.

labeledsk8r
03-13-2008, 06:06 PM
shit my bad... i just got a job and they want me in firday at 1 pm... if i get out early i will let you know... if andrew goes with you guys then i can just call him and catch up with you all, my bad on that.. didnt expect to have them call back about the job

SZfiftyfour
03-13-2008, 06:15 PM
shit my bad... i just got a job and they want me in firday at 1 pm... if i get out early i will let you know... if andrew goes with you guys then i can just call him and catch up with you all, my bad on that.. didnt expect to have them call back about the job

Its all good. This is why meets are set up in advance lol.
I say we scrub the friday meet and look at the weekend maybe.

labeledsk8r
03-13-2008, 07:17 PM
yeah... well i wont know what my work week is like till after tomarrow (i hope) but i will keep things updated... i need to bleed my brakes again there still giveing me trouble

Vanilla Sky
03-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah, for the most part, I work Monday through Friday, with a Saturday every 3 weeks.

labeledsk8r
03-13-2008, 08:24 PM
hey if you guys go and you see a good set of fog light covers... pic them up i need them badly i will pay you back

Vanilla Sky
03-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Does color matter?

Actually, the ones on my car now are white.

labeledsk8r
03-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Does color matter?

white if posible but i want something to put in the damn empty space lol its pissing me off.... ratlle can ftw right lol

lol you edited hahah you selling them?? are they good condition?? if so i can swing by and pick them up and give you the cash

UnforgivenPyro
03-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Its all good. This is why meets are set up in advance lol.
I say we scrub the friday meet and look at the weekend maybe.

That would probably work better. I work overnight(10pm-6am), so I end up sleeping in the morning to sometime in the afternoon, if not later. On the weekends, I dont sleep much at all. I guess to kinda make up for the wasted daylight from the rest of the week.

Would also give Justin time to find out his work schedule.

SZfiftyfour
03-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Its supposed to rain tomorrow but clear up in the afternoon. Sunday should be dry.

Vanilla Sky
03-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I edited in that I had white ones on my car, and I don't care if they're there or not since I'[ll probably turn it into a rally-esque car.

labeledsk8r
03-14-2008, 06:35 PM
im off sunday and monday (if i dont end up quiting this job its such a shit job).... if we do ameet on a sunday its gona have to be a photo and chit chat type deal.. no junk yards are open on sundays that i know of

Yeah, I edited in that I had white ones on my car, and I don't care if they're there or not since I'[ll probably turn it into a rally-esque car.

true... well if there in good condition let me know what you want for them... im sick of seeing open holes lol

Vanilla Sky
03-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Dude, they're pretty much "pocket parts" at the junkyard. That being said, I'm not going to charge you for them. If you still need those springs, You can grab those, too, if you pull them.

labeledsk8r
03-15-2008, 05:36 PM
true true..

is this going down tomarrow (sunday) if so post up times... i need to swap my brake lines and bleed them again... i think i got air in my lines

SZfiftyfour
03-16-2008, 07:35 AM
I have to go in earlier than i thought today. I wouldnt have been able to hang out long. Sucks

Vanilla Sky
03-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Let's aim a little further out. Sunday the 30th?

SZfiftyfour
03-16-2008, 07:50 PM
im in for sure.

labeledsk8r
03-16-2008, 08:28 PM
im down for the 30th IF i dont have work... so sounds good :thumbup:

SZfiftyfour
03-23-2008, 08:42 PM
This is getting to be a little redundant. I cant make sunday, gotta pull a double. Can we change this to saturday 29th? If not its all good, i can catch ya'll another time.

Vanilla Sky
03-23-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm out if it's Saturday. Work.

labeledsk8r
03-23-2008, 09:06 PM
i dont even know what my work week is going to be next week... ater friday..... damnit lol

SZfiftyfour
03-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Ahh, who are you doing inventory for? And additionally, are they hard to get a job with? I work at a call center, and I'm hating it.

Its the easiest place ever to get a job, but beware the scheduleing is retarded. The closest office to you is gainesville i believe or maybe st augustine.

Vanilla Sky
03-24-2008, 07:32 PM
The scheduling where I work is pretty retarded, but at least it's consistantly retarded. I like being able to plan things out in advance.

I think we need to make a date, even a month ahead, and stick to it. Make it a recurring meet, monthly seems to work best. I like the idea of 3rd Saturday or something arbitrary. Gives us plenty of chance to change schedules or take off, and we don't have to keep second guessing. If you don't show up, big deal, there's another next month.

mushroom_toy
03-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Yall need to meet in Destin...call ill be there next month. XD

Vanilla Sky
03-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah man, that's like a 5 hour drive for all of us.

Any good junkyards?

mushroom_toy
03-28-2008, 04:29 AM
^ I dont know lol, im going there for vacation.

SZfiftyfour
03-28-2008, 04:54 PM
I'll be in panama city beach 4/11 - 4/14. But i wont be driving my accord. It'll be in the shop getting new suspension: shocks/springs/cv axles/ tires/ bearings/ alignment. All of which are concernedly overdue for replacement.
There is a member in panama city though; EricW. Also Lost is not far from there.

Vanilla Sky
03-28-2008, 08:45 PM
And Eric's car is turbo.

Vanilla Sky
04-01-2008, 07:54 PM
If any of you guys are off this Saturday and want to make the trip up here, I'm going to start stripping my car. Going to gut it and use it for autocrossing and rallycrossing.

If you wanna come up, PM me and I'll send directions. Any parts that I have left over will be going to the curb, with little exception. Anything that gets tossed (or anything you ask for, I have 4 more 3geez sitting at my parents) can be had. The stuff from my racer for free, and te vast majority of the stuff from the parts cars can be had at the same price. Just trying to get rid of stuff.

LMK so I can plan around it.

SZfiftyfour
04-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Im off, but until i get the new tires on my car i'll be staying in-town. Sounds like fun though.
Where do they have autocross around here?

Vanilla Sky
04-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Tires, fun. I'm in the same situation with our daily driver.

http://martinsportscarclub.net/event_info
http://www.cfrscca.org/schedule.html

Not a bad amount of events for a small area.

labeledsk8r
04-02-2008, 03:28 PM
i have no clue whats going on my work is messing with me hard... i cant really get out of ocala and i have been useing my girls civic alot trying to not drive the 3gee much till all the damn oil seals are taken care of... so whats the plans?? anytihng going down in ocala or out of ocala not to far?

EricW
04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I'll be in panama city beach 4/11 - 4/14. But i wont be driving my accord. It'll be in the shop getting new suspension: shocks/springs/cv axles/ tires/ bearings/ alignment. All of which are concernedly overdue for replacement.
There is a member in panama city though; EricW. Also Lost is not far from there.

Yall need to meet in Destin...call ill be there next month. XD

If Either one of you want to meet send me a PM and we can see what we can work out. Destin is only an hour away.

mushroom_toy
04-03-2008, 08:50 PM
If Either one of you want to meet send me a PM and we can see what we can work out. Destin is only an hour away.

Ill definitely let ya know, as ill probably be down there at the end of this month. Well probably rent a beach house so if ya make the trip you can hang out for a while.

Vanilla Sky
04-08-2008, 12:05 PM
If you guys have this Saturday off, again I have the day off and will be doing car stuff.

I have a set of 14" tires mounted on steel wheels. $10 and they're yours.

durnut
06-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Anyone live near the palm bay, melbourne area? I will be moving down in about 12 days...

Vanilla Sky
06-01-2008, 01:35 PM
There are like 10 member within 2 hours, but none in your back yard.

durnut
06-02-2008, 03:45 PM
that's cool, i really didnt expect anyone to be in my backyard lol. I'm up for a meet though.

labeledsk8r
06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
damnit i have thurs and fri off but not sat... most likely will be working onthe accord all both days since i have a list of crap to work on.... and sky who you selling those tires to? i have a tire showing thread that i want off my car lol i have se-i rims with tires half payed off but wont have them, till i finish paying them off

labeledsk8r
06-04-2008, 08:44 PM
if any ocala guys want to get together thurs or fri let me know... i hope to have the coupe running buy thurs night (5th) its giveing me ALOT of probs though and sky whats the word on those tires?

Vanilla Sky
06-05-2008, 09:21 PM
I'll have to check again, but when I was out there last, the tires were all flat. We have squirrels that will nest around the, and I think we've had a couple of rats nesting, too. I think now I'm down to one 14" tire that's still good, other than the bald ones on the car right now.

labeledsk8r
06-05-2008, 09:22 PM
I'll have to check again, but when I was out there last, the tires were all flat. We have squirrels that will nest around the, and I think we've had a couple of rats nesting, too. I think now I'm down to one 14" tire that's still good, other than the bald ones on the car right now.

if your wanting to sell the good tire for cheep let me know becuse i have 1 tire showing threads, its gonna be a bit before i get my se-i rims

Vanilla Sky
06-06-2008, 07:59 PM
If you're coming up here, then you can have it. The only thing I ask is either for it back when you get new wheels, or a replacement just like it. Steel wheels look good on these cars if you ask me. I'm not worried about the tire.

durnut
06-16-2008, 05:23 AM
Well, i made it down to florida but, my car isn't very happy. my exaust is loud and i seem to have grown a very bad oil leak, had to stop five times on the way down because the oil light came on.

SZfiftyfour
06-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Damn, that sucks. But welcome to Florida. In case you're wondering; it'll stop raining everyday in a couple months.

durnut
06-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Damn, that sucks. But welcome to Florida. In case you're wondering; it'll stop raining everyday in a couple months.

lol yeah, the hurricaine force winds and flooding rain everyday is something im not used to lol. im just trying to get adjusted to the heat and humidity. thank you for the welcoming =]. the flex pipe broke, thats why its so loud, i just bought some exaust tape for now. I look around and see all these honda accords with no rust and i'm like i want that, i want a car that hasn't seen snow and road salt. on another note, has anyone realized how much the gadget mobile looks like a 2 door honda accord or crx hatchback? maybe a project in the near future...;)

Vanilla Sky
06-24-2008, 08:09 PM
We should plan an Orlando meet. The Adventerer's Club would be awesome, but I know we have quite a few under drinking age. Maybe we could hit Old Town at a cruise-in?

VIPER1988
10-27-2008, 02:10 PM
when/where for next florida meet?

Vanilla Sky
10-28-2008, 04:19 AM
Ocala is fast becoming a very central location. Ocala and Gainesville. I'm not sure when we'll have another, though.

EricW
10-29-2008, 06:17 PM
We could have a meet when Denis and my cars are both running and tuned. lol

Vanilla Sky
10-30-2008, 03:28 AM
Will that happen, though?

EricW
10-30-2008, 05:32 PM
My motor should be built in a few months and I will have it street tuned shortly there after. I will get it dyno tuned when me and my buddy get a chance to go to mobile to see our tuner. I'm helping him build his motor right now also, GSR, 9.5:1, full race manifold w/ a 50 trim. He's looking for 350+whp since it will be in a eg. I'm looking for somewhere in the range of 350~400whp, I have his old sc60 turbo which is capable of almost 600hp.

Vanilla Sky
10-31-2008, 03:30 AM
Are you doing a B swap?

EricW
10-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Are you doing a B swap?

No sticking with the A. My buddies hatch will have the GSR in it.

Vanilla Sky
10-31-2008, 07:00 PM
how are you going to get that much power from an A series? I can't see that engine being the least bit street friendly.

MessyHonda
10-31-2008, 08:22 PM
No sticking with the A. My buddies hatch will have the GSR in it.

im still sticking with the A also...you were right about advancing the timing...i like the way it drives....brings back good torque even with all the mods i done to it.

labeledsk8r
10-31-2008, 08:27 PM
how are you going to get that much power from an A series? I can't see that engine being the least bit street friendly.

thats do-able on a built A with a good turbo and tune... just takes time and money..

Vanilla Sky
10-31-2008, 09:48 PM
thats do-able on a built A with a good turbo and tune... just takes time and the lottery..

fixed.

lostforawhile
11-01-2008, 06:33 AM
I will be on the road hopefully by spring, the zip here is 31768, if anyone wants to figure distances

EricW
11-02-2008, 01:43 PM

I'm building the motor.

diamond pistons
eagle H-beams
P&P head
SC60 turbo

I have JohnnyO's cam from his drag car.

I was making 240whp with a stock motor and gude cam advanced one degree and the turbo was too small and boost was falling off from 12psi to 8 at 4800rpm. So i don't think the 350~400whp mark will be that hard to obtain with a built motor.

Vanilla Sky
11-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I guess not. It just takes a lot more than I'm willing to spend on an A series motor.

I do want to see it when you have it finished. I'll make the trip up if I have to. I'd love to see it on the track, so I may come up to see it in action.

labeledsk8r
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I guess not. It just takes a lot more than I'm willing to spend on an A series motor.

I do want to see it when you have it finished. I'll make the trip up if I have to. I'd love to see it on the track, so I may come up to see it in action.

i had a turbo plan kinda like ericW's for that accord... but i had to wait untill i got my own place to have a real place to work on the car.. oh well lol..

and damnit someone needs to get a florida meet setup

SZfiftyfour
11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm up for a meet any time fellaz. Wont have the 2g running for a little while but i'll show up for sure.

SiR
01-07-2009, 12:52 PM
anything new with driving lots of accords thought florida meet?

jarhead
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey guys I have my AFM09(accord Florida meet) meet this Dec and I would love to have the 2nd gens and 3rd gens come out. This is a meet exclusive to accords only, no civics, no integras, just accords!! So if you guys can come thru that would be sick. I posted the info in the meets section. Thanks and hope to see you guys there.

Felipe

desozapeaterr
11-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi Dear.

I have recently join this site and this is nice idea for providing us information about Florida meet.
Would you mind to let us know more about this? Thanks!