PDA

View Full Version : A20 turbo

lilhatchbesmokinU
03-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I have a 87 accord with fuel injection, I really want to turbo it, but I dont want to be able to see the turbo very well from just looking under the hood (wont scare away potential races lol)... is this possible, if so will I have to loose my PS, AC, ect... or can I keep it

If you have a turbo a20 please PM me, I need some information,

Thanks,
Marshall

lgoldtop
05-11-2008, 09:28 AM
dont do it unless you have aftermarket internals because our a20's cant stand the power

russiankid
05-11-2008, 09:52 AM
dont do it unless you have aftermarket internals because our a20's cant stand the power

Actually a healthy A20 can handle 4-8 psi of boost. As far as the question goes, you won't be able to just hide the turbo. You can keep the accessories( A/C,etc.), but you will need to fabricate a manifold that allows you to do that. Most cases, you lose the A/C but keep the power steering.

Do some searching in the performance section, this topic has been covered over and over. You will find what can be done and what shouldn't be done. Good luck!

ghettogeddy
05-11-2008, 10:01 AM
cheater ricer lol most hated kind of street ricer lol you want to beat people in races imho get somethings that will actually beat them lol a bat or a big piece of wood or something

AccordEpicenter
05-11-2008, 04:41 PM
its hard to hide the turbo because there isnt a ton of room. You need to keep your hood closed from prying eyes. Ive personally ran 13psi boost for a while and hit as much as 17 psi boost on a stock motor and my pistons looked great when i pulled them. I ended up losing some bearings, but thats not related to boost. If you have a very conservative tune and everything properly setup you should be fine to boost 10-12psi on a stock engine

'A20A3'
05-11-2008, 06:08 PM
what size injectors did you run on that stock motor btw?

GraniteLXI
05-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Cant you run a turbo back under the car near the muffler? I know ive seen it before... no one will know then lol.

http://images.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/148_0502_turbo_02_z.jpg

Accordtheory
05-11-2008, 08:08 PM
People see a 3g, why would they even want to look under the hood? You already have the element of surprise, unless you have a huge intercooler, open downpipe, etc.

If you get serious about building a turbosystem, I still have a manifold for sale, although fitment is not guaranteed. You'd have to test fit it, if it didn't fit with your combination, I'd give the money back. I built it to fit the a/c and p/s, (with modifications of course).

AccordEpicenter
05-18-2008, 11:05 AM
450cc 1g DSM bluetops. Worked ok with the safc. I think remote mount turbo systems are a last resort, i have a hard time thinking that this is the most optimal result, i believe that underhood mounting is the way to go. You never see remote mount turbos on any oem boosted cars. I think there are several reasons for it

oscwrestler
09-04-2008, 10:14 AM
sorry to bump but im intrieged...
ive thought about a remote mount for a bunch of cars that a turbo just wont fit into...
the plus to it is you dont need an ic but with the cost of more tubing idk if its worth it