PDA

View Full Version : driving lights

import racer
03-11-2008, 12:35 PM
hey guys can someone tell me how to wire up my driving lights.they were on the car when i bought it ,but not hooked up.does anyone have a pic to show me how.

xvok
03-11-2008, 01:40 PM
thats a little vague try to be a bit more spefic also if you have never done any wireing b4 i would suggest you hone your skills on something else let a pro handle this one my friend

labeledsk8r
03-11-2008, 01:51 PM
shit... i have a wireing digram someplace that i drew up for cah... i will see if i can find it

xvok
03-11-2008, 01:53 PM
lol

import racer
03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
I need a diagram to show the wiring of the relay install.thanks

w261w261
03-12-2008, 05:02 PM
It's pretty straightforward. First, you have to decide how you want the lights to work, e.g. do you want them to come on automatically when the low beams come on, or when the high or low beams are on? Or do you want to control them independently?

You haven't indicated your level of knowledge about electrical wiring. But basically, a relay is controlled by a low-current circuit (the control circuit). The relay then directs high current to the load (the fog lights) on a separate circuit. The control circuit can be energized when the low beams are turned on, when either high or low are turned on, or when you flip a switch that you've installed (or is there already, next to the cruise control...probably not). So you have at least two circuits to wire. Both should be fused, and the proper gauge of wire should be used on the high current circuit.

import racer
03-13-2008, 06:10 AM
basicly i don't know what wire goes where on the relay.was thinking of hooking them to come on when i start the car.