PDA

View Full Version : Changing from knob type to button type climate controls...?

Hash_man_Se_i
03-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Going to start stripping my interior this weekend, and I want to put the button type controls from my old car in the new one.... Has anyone done this before? how difficult is this to do?

I did a bit of reading through my FSM last night, and doesnt look like there are any huge differences in the two.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-13-2008, 09:17 PM
no one has done this?...

newaccorddriver
03-14-2008, 12:46 AM
i havent done this, so im not completely sure if this is true or not. i think the ONLY way to change them is to change out the entire harness. i say this because despite looking at the diagram, its not as easy as a simple plug and play solution. ive got everything for push buttons for my last accord, but when i took a look at everything, notihng really matched up on the electrical portion. i could probably wire it up to work, but would take alot of time, trial and error as well.

if anyone wants to verify this, feel free as this is what i saw with my accord

import racer
03-14-2008, 02:59 PM
well if you already have the other car to start with that helps.just swap everything,but does sound time consuming.i wanted to do this to my exi as it didn't come with push buttons don't know why but if i get another car with them i'll try it.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-14-2008, 03:32 PM
ya well, i have most of the parts still from my old se-i and dont really want to have to take out the dash and everything of the current se-i as insurance might be hauling it away soon.

MessyHonda
03-15-2008, 12:07 AM
ya well, i have most of the parts still from my old se-i and dont really want to have to take out the dash and everything of the current se-i as insurance might be hauling it away soon.

thats the best time to take stuff off the se-i remember to take the rear disks....they are not hard....just takes like 3-4 hours

carotman
03-15-2008, 07:05 AM
If your car is an EX-i, it should have the button controls aready?!?!

newaccorddriver
03-15-2008, 09:41 AM

my old 86 never had it

Hash_man_Se_i
03-15-2008, 09:50 AM
thats the best time to take stuff off the se-i remember to take the rear disks....they are not hard....just takes like 3-4 hours

Ya, planning on taking those of today probably. It's pretty simple to do i found.... and insurance company is being wierd... but to be honest, i agree with you and my friends now, gonna just start stripping what I need, they can deal with a stripped car.

It's super wierd.... car has button type controls, and never had AC when it left the factory... it is a legit exi though, did a carproof among other things.

Going to start ripping things apart today... if I do the climate control swap I will post a how to if it's successful.

87roach
03-15-2008, 10:08 AM
That would be great, I have to do this swap aswell.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-15-2008, 11:56 AM
ya... just trying to get a friend over to help, my back has been giving me serious issues lately, so pulling the dash out and such myself isnt really an option right now.

But roach, i will keep you posted when I do it.. did more reading in my manual today and it looks doable, but the whole heater assembly needs to be swapped.

Dr_Snooz
03-16-2008, 04:43 PM
remember to take the rear disks....they are not hard....just takes like 3-4 hours

Oh my GAWD!! The SE-is had rear discs?! Oh my GAWD!! That's the only thing that could make my car better. I'm so excited!! There's even a how-to here. Oh my GAWD!!

Okay, deep breaths, deep breaths...