PDA

View Full Version : Legend_Master Look here :)

Tomisimo
03-13-2008, 03:52 PM
I was looking at this thread (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54232), thinking to do this swap in the near future and I have a question..

Instead of machine to 4x100 Legend rotors, will 2000 Civic Si rotors be a easier choice? They are 4x100 already? or Si rotors are deeper?

Thx..

Hash_man_Se_i
03-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Call the fastbrakes guy legend listed in his thread... he seems to know just about everything as far as brake upgrades go, and besides... legend kind of seems to be MIA lately :S.... that would be my best recommendation

cubert
03-13-2008, 04:56 PM
The SI bolt pattern is 4x100...but I have no idea about the depth of them compared to the legend rotors

Tomisimo
03-13-2008, 05:08 PM
It must be right, because I look at this thread (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57642) about rear swap, and here he uses Si rotors, as I remember that depth between front and rear are the same, only the diameter is different.. or I'm mistaken?

Oldblueaccord
03-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Might want to check the depth of the rotor. That's the dimmension that is the most important. I dont have the Civic 2000 rotor of hand but I would guess its the same as other civics.

wp

Oldblueaccord
03-15-2008, 03:19 PM
http://www.buybrakes.com/store/EBC-GD850

I think there only 10.3" anyway.

wp

Legend_master
03-17-2008, 11:15 AM
I researched all the rotor possibilites, the problem is not the deepness of the rotors. It is the diameter. The 2000 SI only has 10.3" rotors, and you have to have 11" rotors. The only car the came with 11" 4x100 rotors is the 89 corrado, but the hub is a smaller diamter so it will not fit on our hub. As for using the rear, the rear rotors on hondas are not vented, so they are a much thinner rotors in the rear. I even searched EDM, JDM, and many other cars to find what I needed. The fact of the matter is that you have to use redrilled rotors or it will not work.

Tomisimo
03-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I see..
Its a bit hard to find right parts for me because I dont in to Acuras, they arnt sold in Europe so, those Calipers are pain in the ass to find.. Did they used same calipers on coupes as well as on sedans? and i rather got 4piston calipers while I'm at it.. any brand recommendations?

Hash_man_Se_i
03-17-2008, 01:08 PM
From talking to some people from my understanding some of the later model prelude SH vtecs used the same front caliper, and same with the early model honda oddessey vans I think.

Legend_master
03-17-2008, 05:17 PM
From talking to some people from my understanding some of the later model prelude SH vtecs used the same front caliper, and same with the early model honda oddessey vans I think.

That is correct, if you check my thread I listed all the cars that came with those calipers. If your looking to get dual piston calipers, you could get 91 NSX front ca;ipers. They are incredibly expesive and soemtimes hard to come by, Besides that, you can talk to the guy as fast brakes and he knows all the willwood calipers that will fit on our cars.