PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Speedometer

accordboricua
09-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Guys, I've noticed that my speedometer starts going crazy after 60mph. I can stay at 60 and it start jumping to 80...even 110...then back and forth. Do I have to replace the cable? What can I do? Thanx.

Chubs87Accord
09-19-2002, 09:39 PM
*shhh... heres a tip... stop tapping your right foot to the music while your driving, lol... umm i say go a junk yard just go friggin nuts and replace the whole dng cluster, lol jp.. could be a cable.. i guess, lol (sorry being a post whore.. and i tired as hell)

smufguy
09-20-2002, 10:24 AM
it could be the cable, but i doubt it is, it could be ur speed sensor on the tranny itself which is a messy job, or could be even ur gauge cluster. but i am leaning towards ur speed sensor on the tranny. The only reason is because i was talking with this dude who was pulling it out from a 3g in the junk and he said his speedo would like do this vibrating thing (he made the movements with his finger) and i was like, nice visualization:).

ACCORD EX
09-20-2002, 10:39 AM
mine does that when i replaced my cable with a non genuine one ! any way try greasing the cable ! it helped me a little ! :(

MIKE

CARBurn
09-22-2002, 12:47 PM
I just replaced my cable after it got melted on the exhaust manifold. I recently replaced all my coolant hoses and forgot to put the cable back on the clip to keep it from the heat of the engine, well lo an' behold I was driving and the speedometer just dropped to zero.

I went to the junkyard and pick another one up from an '89 automatic, but I noticed that the cable it shorter than then my original, but I got it to fit alright. Speedometer works just fine, even better I'd say than my original one.

But it still does that little wiggly thing from 0-20mph...

POS carb
09-22-2002, 01:48 PM
yea get a new cable