PDA

View Full Version : which b20a5 parts in b20a lower end build q's

mykwikcoupe
03-13-2008, 09:24 PM
ok so Im getting alot more back on me taxes than i thought. With this Im thinking of upgrading the b20a's bottom end. With pricing things out raceeng has the best prices. in piston sizes, what do you think,

stock bore, clean up hone and 9.0:1 pistons

.5mm overbore and 9:1 pistons

or go for the gold, .5mm overbore and 10:1 pistons

all parts will be aftermarket forged and probably the eagle crank if it is lighter than stock. Im sure its stronger just by materials used. Im going turbo and the car will be street strip and hopefully very driveable.

My favorite part of these accords is they drive like a honda, start everytime, little maintence and just all out fun. Id like to keep this in place with the engine build.

Im also wondering about the durabilty of honda bearings for the crank and rods. You think I should go honda or aftermarket? Everything else I buy its mostly honda branded but are there bearings up to the punishment?

Ill start a head build thread later when i get around to it.

thegreatdane
03-16-2008, 12:25 PM
I would go with honda bearings but the crucial thing is that you have the correct clearances. If you can get the proper clearance with other bearings then I dont see any problem using those, but you would have to be lucky to have aftermarket bearings match the correct clearances.
Going with an overbore is good since you can bore the cylinders to have the correct piston to wall clearances for each piston and you dont have to worry about worn and possibly tapered cylinders.
If you dont want to overbore make sure you measure out the cylinders thourougly first to confirm if they are in fact in good enough condition and will match the required piston to wall clearances for the new pistons.