PDA

View Full Version : Whats rong wit my car??????

Juggalo88Accord
03-14-2008, 02:47 PM
once my car gets warmed up tha idle gets stuck at 2500 an then wen i go to turn it off itl turn off but then act like it wants to start back up anyone no wuts happening i got a video if needed help me

2oodoor
03-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Search on this site my friend, yours is a grande duplicated issue.
carbed car I assume, try holding it to the floor for about ten to fifteen minutes, the tackometeor on the dash well needull to the red spot and then it will chill out in the black agin than you fixered the ploblum. I have fixered myne that waay befour.

MessyHonda
03-15-2008, 12:06 AM
sounds like you need to clean out your carb

steveko
03-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Show the video for a clearer discription.

cameron7710
03-19-2008, 03:02 PM
hey im juggaloaccords brother and heres the video of the cars problem
http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s16/cameron_holey/?action=view&current=accordproblem.flv

87lxiaccord
03-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Is there enough coolant in it? I know on fuel injected models we have an idle adjuster that actually works off of the coolant, so the idle turns down after it has warmed up. May not be your case though...

Civic Accord Honda
03-19-2008, 04:59 PM
idk whats worng with it i dont know much bout the carbs on thes cars but it looks like u got a clean looking car

Demon1024
03-19-2008, 10:30 PM
your car is desieling (can't spell it) not a wiz with carbs but.... Several here are!!!
I'mma take a stab at it anyway. Check for vacuum leaks. then check your timming(not sure on that one) carbon deposits?(that one either puting money on the vacuum leak

turabaka
03-19-2008, 10:56 PM
^^ that sounds right. I had that problem when I first installed my weber. turned out to be a vac leak. I ended up fixing that. It still does it occassionaly if I turn it on and then turn it off without fully warming it up first. It doesn't seem to like that.

coope
03-19-2008, 11:06 PM
i hate carbs but i think u got a vaccum leak somewher ur best bet is to convert to Fuel injection lol joking

2ndGenGuy
03-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Sounds like you have a thermovalve acting up. I'm not sure which one exactly, but one of them kicks the idle down after the engine is warmed up, and will keep the idle up if the temp drops down. Like roodoo said, it's sort of a common problem. You will find the exact fix on the site here somewhere. Not sure where it is myself, but a little searching will find it.

The dieseling is just because your car isn't warmed up, the timing is probably a bit advanced, and when you cut the car under high RPMs like that, it leans the carb out I'm guessing. Carbs will do that sometimes. Once you get the idle problem fixed, I'm sure that dieseling will go away.

import racer
03-20-2008, 09:00 AM
try turning your idle down abit that might help.

Bass Man
03-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Sorry to thread jack, but my 87 does something similar.

In the morning, I will start it and it runs at 1300 and not very happily. Then I get it down the road and it wants to stay at 3000 for another 4 miles, and sometimes wont get below 4500!! And plus when I shut my car off, it will either Diesel for 2 minutes, or it will reverse rotation like his is doing... Any ideas?

I'm only asking here because I believe it will help both of us.

Juggalo88Accord
04-01-2008, 06:41 PM
alright so a lil bit of a update i went down to nappa got sum carb cleaner me an my bro cleaned that shit out its running alot better an dosnt try an start back up wen i turn it off :cheers: But wen its warmed up an i tap tha gas tha idle will still get stuck. so in tha next day or two me an my brother are gunna use sum more an see what happens cuz we didnt use a hole lot. ill post back wen we try until then if you think you no what tha problem mite be let me no

Ichiban
04-01-2008, 07:03 PM
once my car gets warmed up tha idle gets stuck at 2500 an then wen i go to turn it off itl turn off but then act like it wants to start back up anyone no wuts happening i got a video if needed help me

Dieseling is normally caused by an excessively rich mixture. That and the high idle leads me to believe your choke is stuck on. A normal idle plus dieseling could mean a fuel cut solenoid that is jammed on. Try spraying the choke linkage with carb cleaner and working it back and forth by hand.

Also, your spelling probably pisses your car off. YOU are not a rapper.

Vanilla Sky
04-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Thermovalve. Check the thermovalve then check your idle speed. 2 of my cars did this when Thermovalve B went out.

BTW, Cameron, good to see you made it from thirdgen.org

Juggalo88Accord
04-02-2008, 06:10 PM
how do you no im not a rapper? an if we could keep it about tha car an not my spellin that would be great i mean shit i only got a 5th grade education. but other than that thancks for your info lol

Dr_Snooz
04-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Use better gas (Chevron 91). It'll save you lots of trouble in the long run.

knarg
04-02-2008, 10:34 PM
how do you no im not a rapper? an if we could keep it about tha car an not my spellin that would be great i mean shit i only got a 5th grade education. but other than that thancks for your info lol

we can tell

A18A
04-02-2008, 10:55 PM
lol my car used to be just like that

2oodoor
04-03-2008, 04:54 AM

the thing that pisses people off is you are not even trying .
The sign in front of the store says Napa, the big ass sign showed you how it is spelled yet you still spell it nappa.
Every other word you have "mispelled" are the same words everybody else used, they are simple words, yet you don't even attempt to do it right.
Even a monkey can imitate actions, even drawing the same figures as a human when tasked to do so.

You are probabley better off doing the vaccuum removal mod. Or what I did was remove the entire choke heater, choke pull off, fast idle pulloff, the whole choke system assembly off my carb, it fixed all those crazy idle things. The car started fine without a choke with a few pumps of the pedal.

steveko
04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
A 5th grade edumacation you mean you be in scool for fith years.

Man what is one too do dig ditches?

cameron7710
04-03-2008, 04:28 PM
hey eveyone im postin for my brother (juggalo88accord) thanks for all of the help and lets just stick to the car we all get my brother is retarted and cant spell for shit and as far as him spellin nappa thats just a typo hes not that stupid (i think).so where gona try someof the things u guy sugested and will get back to u.

also good to see u to Vanilla Sky and thanks 4 letin us know about this site its been helpful

turabaka
04-03-2008, 04:29 PM
^^ apparently you can't spell either...

cameron7710
04-03-2008, 05:07 PM
i dont see whats wrong with my spelling but i dont realy care,lets just stay with the topic of the car this is'nt a dam spelling B

Vanilla Sky
04-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Seriously, guys, knock it off. It's the internet. Most webforums are treated like chatrooms. 3geez takes time to get used to because most members don't. As long as you can understand, then it's fine.

Ichiban
04-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Okay, look: I brought it up AT THE END of my post because it personally annoys me, makes the question hard to answer, and reminds me of shit rap music that I hear constantly. I made my contribution to the thread, then tried to bring up the spelling issue with a little humor.

So, if you can't spell, whatever. Try to make as clear of a post as you can anyways.

Other members, just stay out of it. I already said what needed to be said.

But, if you think typing like you're from south central LA makes you look cool, you're not. It makes you look like an idiot. Just don't do it.

Now go fix your car.

turabaka
04-03-2008, 05:49 PM
^^ lol pwnd. and your answer is dead on. I used to have that problem as well. Try cleaning the carb first and if that doesn't help then try adjusting the mixture.

on the spelling thing though. I don't have a problem if you have bad spelling in a chatroom, but come on. It's a forum board, you can use spell check.

Vanilla Sky
04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Most people STILL use IE. As far as I know, only Opera and Firefox have spellcheck for the Windows environment.

turabaka
04-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I thought that there was a spell checker that's part of the advanced post menu. hmm. maybe I'm wrong.

A18A
04-03-2008, 07:06 PM
is the anti-deiseling solenoid getting any power?

2oodoor
04-04-2008, 04:31 AM
i dont see whats wrong with my spelling but i dont realy care,lets just stay with the topic of the car this is'nt a dam spelling B

agreed, purrfik spelling is optional
eye poot duh rong war an der kaa an duh rong pwace kawght far smoakev rewhare kawsed ninye won won bert far mens cummed wait.

I get your point, nobody is perfect... not even me.:wave: But you can see help is made available, as well, you can see how annoying it can be to comprehend questions for those eager to help.
(re: whats rong wit my car????) looks very close to something a few people who have been banned here, would have written. Ok, so that probably put a lot of us on defense. They eventually got very beligerant and some even told the boss to FO.
So, yes how does one know if the person writing "rong wit my car", will ever be able to understand anything explained about these carburators. Hell I have been an auto technician for probably longer than some of these guys have been pissing, and I still am perplexed a little by these POS Accord carbs. Trying to explain it to a novice is a crap shoot.
So yeah, if little brother can't type or spell so well , that's cool. If he can read, and point/click a mouse, those carb symptoms have been asked here hundreds of times. Believe me I read till my eyes bleed before I ever started a thread here, point click read, repeat , rinse, repeat. And of course, it's a free forum for anybody to post a question thread... with the equally free choice for any member to answer the way they please.... inside of the forum rules.
Believe me, the topic of these kids trying to look ignorant on purpose because it is just not cool to look smart, is a hot button topic for me, I could have said many things offensive, but I didn't. All I can do is try to motivate them to do better with out them realizing I am doing it.

cameron7710
04-04-2008, 05:32 AM
agreed, purrfik spelling is optional
eye poot duh rong war an der kaa an duh rong pwace kawght far smoakev rewhare kawsed ninye won won bert far mens cummed wait.

I get your point, nobody is perfect... not even me.:wave: But you can see help is made available, as well, you can see how annoying it can be to comprehend questions for those eager to help.
(re: whats rong wit my car????) looks very close to something a few people who have been banned here, would have written. Ok, so that probably put a lot of us on defense. They eventually got very beligerant and some even told the boss to FO.
So, yes how does one know if the person writing "rong wit my car", will ever be able to understand anything explained about these carburators. Hell I have been an auto technician for probably longer than some of these guys have been pissing, and I still am perplexed a little by these POS Accord carbs. Trying to explain it to a novice is a crap shoot.
So yeah, if little brother can't type or spell so well , that's cool. If he can read, and point/click a mouse, those carb symptoms have been asked here hundreds of times. Believe me I read till my eyes bleed before I ever started a thread here, point click read, repeat , rinse, repeat. And of course, it's a free forum for anybody to post a question thread... with the equally free choice for any member to answer the way they please.... inside of the forum rules.
Believe me, the topic of these kids trying to look ignorant on purpose because it is just not cool to look smart, is a hot button topic for me, I could have said many things offensive, but I didn't. All I can do is try to motivate them to do better with out them realizing I am doing it.

ya your right about the spelling making people think that the person wont even understand what ur trying to say because he dosent hes just a guy trying to get his car fixed and thats y im here i understand what ur saying and than i dumb it down for him

Juggalo88Accord
05-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok so for those who care i cleaned out the carb got a full tank of Shells V power an used a fuel treatment now i dont know what fixed the problem but the car is running beautifully.i ran her for a few hours the last couple days and other than the oil leak everything is great

2oodoor
05-10-2008, 03:07 PM
dont count your chickens yet, but I hope you got it streightend out
My DX (oem carb) does fine sometimes then some days it cuts up, seems like good gas makes it act up, but something funny I notice too is the gas gauge seems to read less gas all the sudden when it acts up, then later when it runs good the gas hand goes back up.. just an example of how wierd these oem carbs can be.
I love the other car with the weber, no worries on it

russiankid
05-10-2008, 03:14 PM
dont count your chickens yet, but I hope you got it streightend out
My DX (oem carb) does fine sometimes then some days it cuts up, seems like good gas makes it act up, but something funny I notice too is the gas gauge seems to read less gas all the sudden when it acts up, then later when it runs good the gas hand goes back up.. just an example of how wierd these oem carbs can be.
I love the other car with the weber, no worries on it

I agree. My carb acts up sometimes, the idle may be smooth as butter then the next day it may be a bit rough.