PDA

View Full Version : 3rdGens = Hard to get parts?

New3rdGenOwner
03-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey all, just recently bought a 89' Accord, and just wanted to know whether or not overall if its difficult to get parts for these cars. Just wanted some input from you guys because even with the high mileage on the car, id love to drive it for the next few years, and that means putting some money into it (repainting it since im gunna be working at a body shop, Rota Slipstream rims, lowering it, etc.).

So are parts hard to come by, or is that nothing that ebay cant fix?

Hash_man_Se_i
03-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Ebay is ok... but honestly, the forum and other members are a great source for parts, and where I have obtained many things myself.

Other then that, there is still quite a few aftermarket parts available for them. Just do a quick search in the suspension thread and you'll see all the different setups available, and that is just the start.

2oodoor
03-16-2008, 03:31 PM
standard parts are readlily available here in US, performance parts are scattered here and there, best source is here IMO too. Junk yards have been a REAL good source for me in my area (Georgia, South carolina) for body, trim, and heavy parts.
Welcome, and you will enjoy the car. As long as you have a good shell and a good base engine/tranny you will not be spending any more money (probably less) and time on these than you would any 2003 or older Honda. I feel pretty confident in that statement.

MessyHonda
03-16-2008, 07:47 PM
most the the stuff is there....just not alot of selection for our cars....best money i spent was on the suspension.....its so much fun to drive a car that does not look like a 4x4 and handles just as good as a sports car.

A18A
03-16-2008, 11:30 PM
i find that with money, anything is easy to get :)

frantik
03-17-2008, 01:22 AM
stock parts for repairs are extremely easy to get.. in my area there's at least 5 - 10 3geez in the lot every time i go.

aftermarket/performance is another story. selection was never very wide on the performance tip and now most of the better stuff is out of production anyways. DIY and 'custom' is the name of the game for a lot of even common mods unless you luck into a rare parts find.

New3rdGenOwner
03-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Alright guys thanks for the info

lostforawhile
03-20-2008, 03:35 PM
hatch parts are very difficult to find,at least here

Whiter
03-20-2008, 03:36 PM
hey man take a 30 minute drive to the east end of scarborough get off at meadowvale, go north to old finch road, go left (west) follow that acoss the bayly bridge, at the fork turn left and follow that to Standard Auto Wreckers, ull find my car there next week, any when i needed the power steering assembly for my ride i found 3 89's and all together 6 86-89 accords, but only one fuel injected one, they change up the cars every 2 weeks or so... but they will have atleast one 89 accord or u can sue!

edit, at the fork turn right!