PDA

View Full Version : 88 Integra motor

blackcougar141
03-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey....got a few questions. I was given a 88 Integra from a friend, and it has the D16a1 motor in it I think, as well as 5-speed. The engine bay looks identical to my 89 Accord and so do the mounts. My Accord has no motor in it currently. Could I just swap the whole front sub frame and engine harness to my Accord from the Integra....would it bolt up? I would natuarally swap the harnesses, and stuff but all the mounting points look the same.....so would it work?

2oodoor
03-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey....got a few questions. I was given a 88 Integra from a friend, and it has the D16a1 motor in it I think, as well as 5-speed. The engine bay looks identical to my 89 Accord and so do the mounts. My Accord has no motor in it currently. Could I just swap the whole front sub frame and engine harness to my Accord from the Integra....would it bolt up? I would natuarally swap the harnesses, and stuff but all the mounting points look the same.....so would it work?

nope , the suspension is totally different (fact) The five speed is a keeper though as you can swap the internals to Accord housing for close ratio gearing ( true) D16A1 is a dog anyway unless you put it in a 2nd or 3rd gen civic (opinion)

blackcougar141
03-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Damn..that sucks. I was thinking of the 2nd gen prelude b20 swap....any other ideas? Especially since the guys with the motor swap kits for the B series engines won't sell them or make duplicate ones...

2oodoor
03-17-2008, 04:15 PM
they are called Beemount Bogarts, rat bastards

:ugh2:

last year a member here had one of each on the dirt track, the A20 Accord ran circles around the Integra b16 dohc

MessyHonda
03-18-2008, 12:23 AM
yeah keep the gears from the trans...i did the 1-4 integra gears on my car and it makes the accord a better drive...it also gets me pulled over because i have to rev to like 3500 RPM to shift now