PDA

View Full Version : washer trick

89sei89dx
03-18-2008, 09:32 AM
i lowered my car and i want to fix the camber. i found alot of 84 87 preludes in the j.y. but i dont understand how to do the washer trick on the rear suspension. can anyone show me pics of this . or give me a link for where it goes into better detail. i searched also but found many posts that said something about . but not detailed

MessyHonda
03-18-2008, 10:40 AM
my camber in the back is not that bad....but where the upper control arm is unbolt it from the body and just add washer to it...and it might be recommended to get a longer bolt...the more washers you put on it the more you will get positive camber as it pushes the ball joint further out

EX-ileAccord
03-18-2008, 02:12 PM
I bought after market rear upper arms a wile ago, and there adjustable. They look just like the ones I put in my friends civic, out of some camber kit he ordered only difference I payed way less lol. I got them at the local napa dealer, I think there moog. There around here some where I'll have a look and post some pics.

POS carb
04-23-2008, 08:51 AM
the two "legs" that hold it to the car need to be spaced slightly outwards for the prelude arms to go in. Take out the long horizontal bolt that goes through the arm and put 1 or 2 matching washers inbetween the "legs" and the bushings. You will need to use the longer accord bolt.

MessyHonda
04-23-2008, 01:31 PM
the two "legs" that hold it to the car need to be spaced slightly outwards for the prelude arms to go in. Take out the long horizontal bolt that goes through the arm and put 1 or 2 matching washers inbetween the "legs" and the bushings. You will need to use the longer accord bolt.

i did that...but the washers make noise....i was in a rush to get my car rolling so i forgot to lube them up.