PDA

View Full Version : 2 pot or 6 pot willwoods and what custom setup

mykwikcoupe
03-19-2008, 06:14 PM
So Ive been talking with the guy at fastbrakes.com and he is by far the most knowledgable guy abou brakes Ive ever talked with. Im thinking of selling Robs aem kit and getting a front and rear willwood kit.

He said he could fab up a rear bracket to hold the 2 pot willwood dynalite calipers for $575 plus rotor cost. I could also upgrade the calipers from a 2 pot to a 6 pot for another $250.

The fronts Im wondering what would be better and what be listed as overkill. The 12.2 inch powerslot rotors with a 2 pot, 4 pot or 6 pot calipers. Thanks to legendmaster for putting me in contact with him

EricW
03-19-2008, 07:29 PM
I would go with what ever your wallet can stand. I don't know how reliable the willwood calipers are but just think about the amount of work your going to have to do when changing the pads. I know i really wouldn't want to have to push 6 cylinders back in when i did the brakes, but that's up to you. I would just go with the 4 for the front(your main braking power) and a single or a two on the rear.

Legend_master
03-20-2008, 04:29 AM
So Ive been talking with the guy at fastbrakes.com and he is by far the most knowledgable guy abou brakes Ive ever talked with. Im thinking of selling Robs aem kit and getting a front and rear willwood kit.

He said he could fab up a rear bracket to hold the 2 pot willwood dynalite calipers for $575 plus rotor cost. I could also upgrade the calipers from a 2 pot to a 6 pot for another $250.

The fronts Im wondering what would be better and what be listed as overkill. The 12.2 inch powerslot rotors with a 2 pot, 4 pot or 6 pot calipers. Thanks to legendmaster for putting me in contact with him

Thats statement about the guy from fastbrakes is no joke, he really knows his stuff. I would have to say that 4pot are still going to be overkill. All you really need is 2 per side on the front and 1 perside in the rear. The only reason you would need 4 and 6 pot calipers would be for severe braking conditions (Constant 120mph braking), You would also need to get a better master cylinder to push those big ass calipers :) .

mykwikcoupe
03-20-2008, 07:36 AM
A bigger master cylinder, when they are full of fluid all your doing is suppying more pressure, because there more cylinders there also smaller so you don't think the space to fill would be the same volume? Thanks for the info, Ill just go with the dynalite 4 pots in front and 2 pots in back. It is mostly for sure and a little for assurance.

AZmike
03-20-2008, 09:35 PM
What are your goals for the braking system? Are you trying the change the bias, the effort, or the fade resistance?