PDA

View Full Version : temp guage

import racer
03-20-2008, 07:00 AM
well i got the 88 running left it warm up but the temp guage doesn't move.would this be the sending unit or something else.

cubert
03-20-2008, 07:13 AM
well i got the 88 running left it warm up but the temp guage doesn't move.would this be the sending unit or something else.

how long did you let the car warm up for?

import racer
03-20-2008, 08:00 AM
about 10-15 minutes,just judging it by my other accord maybe i didn't let it run long enough.

MessyHonda
03-20-2008, 10:49 AM
on the thermostat housing check if the hose is hooked up right...its the one that sends the signal

import racer
03-20-2008, 04:22 PM
well ran car again tonight and left it ran longer and the temp guage works.and for some reason my dash now work.the only things that don't seem to work is the one headlight won't open or close not the motor cuase i hooked bat power to motor and it opened and closed.so it's must wiring or connection problem ,and the brake light in the car pic stays on when i push brake peddle so i think it's the brake light switch.other than that it seems good.

turabaka
03-20-2008, 08:15 PM
are you missing your third brake light? my car does that. The light in the dash will stay on, because I don't have that third light. also, did you check the fuse for the headlight motor? don't forget to check that one at least twice before you start screwing around with wires. It'll save a lot of headaches. Trust me. lol.

Civic Accord Honda
03-21-2008, 12:15 AM
what the good man above me said
and also if that dose not work try replaceing the switch on the dash for the headlights to go up sometimes they go out and will make ether one or both headlights to not go up

import racer
03-21-2008, 08:22 AM
yes i checked the fuses several times and i changed the dash switch ,didn't make any diff.and no i dont have a third brake light i took it out because my back window is limo tint.

turabaka
03-21-2008, 08:49 AM
hmm... I have no idea what's wrong with the headlight motor. I guess that it must be bad wiring somewhere, but you probably already guessed as much. Maybe it's a bad motor? As for the dash brake light thing. Removing your third brake light would be the reason that the dash light is on.