PDA

View Full Version : Gum Compartment

canadian357
03-22-2008, 06:07 PM
I have around 20 of the 4-packs of 5 gum, and i need a storage compartment for them in my car. I'm gonna keep it stocked. i can build one, i just need ideas of where to put it... got any?

Civic Accord Honda
03-22-2008, 06:08 PM
glovebox?

lostforawhile
03-22-2008, 06:09 PM
you could get an armrest,the one that has the lift up lid,the sei ones don't open i believe but there was a dealer installed one where there is a storage compartment inside of the armrest

ZackieDarko
03-22-2008, 06:17 PM
you could get an armrest,the one that has the lift up lid,the sei ones don't open i believe but there was a dealer installed one where there is a storage compartment inside of the armrest

the SE-i one actually has the storage the shorter taller armrest is a dealer option

Civic Accord Honda
03-22-2008, 06:19 PM
they both open:) sei just looks better imo

lostforawhile
03-22-2008, 06:23 PM
the SE-i one actually has the storage the shorter taller armrest is a dealer optionyea i know i have one
it has a very nice storage compartment in it. only problem is the top is weak where it attaches,but i fixed all that much stronger now

87roach
03-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Could modify the change drawer to have slots to hold the packs of gum, that would be cool.

turabaka
03-22-2008, 06:33 PM
man, the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread and that username was that the GTP asshat was back. lol. Sorry dude I guess that usernames in all caps have been ruined for me. Anyway, back on topic. Glove box sounds like the place.

lostforawhile
03-22-2008, 06:36 PM
dammit now i'm going to have to make a motorized gum drawer on top of all my other projects. hmm look at some of the old low rider accessories, from the 30's and 40's they had all kinds of nifty tricks to hold cigarettes ,something like that could be adopted to hold gum. hey anyone know where to get old vending machine parts/ if i got the part that moves the gum from a vending macine, hmm where is my drawing pad?

MessyHonda
03-23-2008, 12:07 AM
yeah i like the armrest...with the built in storage.

canadian357
03-23-2008, 01:17 PM
i tried the glove box. i can fit 11 in there, if i pack it in. i've got an 88 lx 4 dr. i'm thinking something in front of the shifter (its an auto) like an angled box with a lid that slides left or something. I've been extremely bored, so i kinda wanna do something ridiculous like a motorized dispenser :D

canadian357
03-23-2008, 01:19 PM
dammit now i'm going to have to make a motorized gum drawer on top of all my other projects. hmm look at some of the old low rider accessories, from the 30's and 40's they had all kinds of nifty tricks to hold cigarettes ,something like that could be adopted to hold gum. hey anyone know where to get old vending machine parts/ if i got the part that moves the gum from a vending macine, hmm where is my drawing pad?
I just envisioned a plexiglass dispenser... this could be fun...

turabaka
03-23-2008, 01:35 PM
lol. That could be fun. My question is why do you need to keep so much gum in your car? hehe.

canadian357
03-23-2008, 01:37 PM
I get it from my work. I'm in high school, i gotta stay fresh-breathed :D

turabaka
03-23-2008, 01:38 PM
lol dude.

canadian357
03-23-2008, 01:56 PM
yeah, i might have a bit much. it takes me like 4 days to go through a single pack of gum. if i have a lot. anyhoo while i'm on this thread, any ideas of some more basic-aesthetic interior stuff to try? I kinda wanna do under seat neon. just for shits and giggles. eventually (in like two weeks) i wanna change the color of my interior, probably by going to the salvage yard in my city that has a ton of 80's import cars. they have like eight 3gees there. its like heaven.

lostforawhile
03-23-2008, 02:02 PM
yeah, i might have a bit much. it takes me like 4 days to go through a single pack of gum. if i have a lot. anyhoo while i'm on this thread, any ideas of some more basic-aesthetic interior stuff to try? I kinda wanna do under seat neon. just for shits and giggles. eventually (in like two weeks) i wanna change the color of my interior, probably by going to the salvage yard in my city that has a ton of 80's import cars. they have like eight 3gees there. its like heaven.some low key neon on the inside can look nice,just don't overdo it or it turns into rice and nothing that blinks to music, neon that blinks to music means go directly to rice, do not pass go,do not collect 200 dollars

canadian357
03-23-2008, 02:15 PM
yeah, i actually hate, and i mean HATE rice cars. with the stupid ricer exhaust tones... that pisses me off. I just want something low key, simple looking, but nice. My only problem is i have the red interior with a white exterior. I'm wondering... seeing as this is my first car, and while i desperately want to learn, the most i've done to a car is replace and rewire a stereo... do any of you have any tricks or tips on how to learn? for example, right now i've got leaky seals on one of the hoses for my powersteering system (the thick black hose right in front of the oil dipstick, at least i think thats my powersteering) and i wanted to give replacing that myself a shot, merely because i'm too broke to take it to a mechanic and i cant afford to keep putting "honda genuine" powersteering fluid into it.

turabaka
03-23-2008, 02:22 PM
yeah low key is the way. Don't feel bad that you've only rewired a stereo. That's where I started. Now I have a 38 weber, 2.25 inch custom mandrel bent exhaust, and an msd blaster 2 coil. Among some other more minor things. As for power steering I don't know what other people would say, but I'd just take it out. I've heard it's about the same feeling at speed, and just stiffer in parking lots and such. I'll test it this spring by just removing the belt first though.

edit: Thought I'd say this.
There is something to be said for cars that don't look fast, but can blow the doors off of anything. Yet another reason not to overdo the visual mods. Better to have a car that is fast, and doesn't look it, than have a car that looks fast but it really a piece of crap.

canadian357
03-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Its fine at speed, its just brutal in parking. parallel parking downtown and parking in lots sucks. I'm way too lazy to go without it. My mom's old car had the powersteering taken out. Its manageable, but frankly, i'm lazy. I to manual labour all day at work, i'll pass on it driving. thats impressive though. I got shafted pretty bad on my car when i bought it, and ended up spending 500 at the mechanics to get it up to snuff. Theres still a few problems. It revs really high, which burns shitloads of gas, and therefore i cant have that. in park or neutral i'm at around 2000-2500 rpm when i first start the car, and after about 30 min of driving it sits at roughly 1400 in p/n. When im in drive or reverse its only 1200-1300 stopped, which is what confuses me. any ideas on what that could be?