PDA

View Full Version : got the demon front clip

jteuton
09-20-2002, 08:52 AM
I ordered the demon front clip for my car and it came in yesterday. It looks bad ass. But now today I went to the local junkyard and saw a 88 prelude 2.0si and he said they were having an auction on next saturday. He says it can go anywhere from 300 -1000 bucks cause is was repoed. I looked at it and the body looks perfect and it has a 5 speed that seems to be alright. The engine looks to be a paperweight however. The ex. cam gear had broken clean off the cam. Wonder what in the hell caused that? Anyway probalby useless head and piston damage. But I started thinking for around 500 dollars I could put my sound engine in this baby and reuse this tranny. I really hate that the clutch is hydraulic though. Seems like a lot of work but i'm going to need around 500 dollars of body work on mine anyways so I want all you guys opinions on this. What would you do. Stick with the accord and do the body work. Or swap my engine to the prelude and keep its trans or bolt parts from the prelude up to my accord. Oh and by the way my flywheel finally came in. I will putting it in this weekend.

YK86
09-20-2002, 09:04 AM
The Accord motor won't fit so I don't know how it will change your plans. But if it's really that nice (body wise), I would buy an engine for the Prelude from the junkyard and fix that up.

jteuton
09-20-2002, 10:10 AM
thanks .....that changes plans drastically.....ohhh one question....why doesn't it fit cause i'm curious since the apperance of the hood and fenders and engine compartment look so similar. I think I could use the hood and fenders. Is there any way I could make the trunk lid fit on my accord. I don't even know the dimensions but i bet its way off. How about the ecu? I'm wondering if there are enough parts on this car that are interchangable to validate buying it for 300-500 bucks. I sure don't want to buy another engine for the prelude so fixing it up will probably be out of the question....thanks

89AccordNate
09-20-2002, 10:42 AM
You can use the seats, thats about it :)

Nate.

theBeline
09-20-2002, 02:20 PM
the engine doesn't fit cause the mounts are diff. the bold pattern on the tranny is diff too. But check this, I'm SURE that you can take the ecu, tranny, axles and engine (everything up fron except for the sheet metal its self) ans swap it into the lude with like fourty to fifty bucks in new mounts.

bobafett
09-23-2002, 09:33 AM
we can use a prelude ecu? does it help anything?