PDA

View Full Version : What would you be willing to pay...

gfrg88
03-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Alright guys, so ive been thinking lately that i need some more spare money for my new "project" (will post some pics and info on that some other time).

So a lot of you guys have been wanting to go turbo right, but cant find manifolds... im planning on makin a couple simple log manifolds. im not planning on making much money here, just trying to help you guys out and help fund my project.

So heres the question how much would you guys be willing to pay for a log manifold??

Accordtheory
03-23-2008, 04:15 PM
People have told me $300, but then I said I'd never make a log..
Good luck funding your project by selling on 3geez...

MessyHonda
03-23-2008, 08:11 PM
yeah no one will buy them cuz to turbo a car takes up to like 2k...if you do it right.

Bass Man
03-23-2008, 08:26 PM
IMO, you might make a lot more money making regular headers! I need one, and they aren't that hard to make.
($60 for a flange, $8 in tubing, and about 2-3 hours per header, and you can sell them for a good profit! I would put down $80-90 for a better-than-stock manifold!)

gfrg88
03-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Good luck funding your project by selling on 3geez...

yeah i know... people on here never actually buy things they want once theres an oppurtunity or something like that...oh well... i guess ill jus keep saving up my pennies then :D

ill prolly make one just for the hell of it.. i still have an old flange siting around here somewhere...

turabaka
03-23-2008, 09:49 PM
IMO, you might make a lot more money making regular headers! I need one, and they aren't that hard to make.
($60 for a flange, $8 in tubing, and about 2-3 hours per header, and you can sell them for a good profit! I would put down $80-90 for a better-than-stock manifold!)

flanges are cheaper than $60. If you remember right depending on where you get it they cost between 25-50. I could've sworn I saw a guy a while back for like $30 for an a20 flange. Can't remember where though.

Bass Man
03-23-2008, 10:55 PM
flanges are cheaper than $60. If you remember right depending on where you get it they cost between 25-50. I could've sworn I saw a guy a while back for like $30 for an a20 flange. Can't remember where though.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47396&

I placed my order... 2-3 Weeks later we'll see what happens :)

$46.00 from BMC Racing (http://www.bmcrace.com/index.php)

Maybe they are cheaper:huh:

Accordtheory
03-24-2008, 01:35 AM

$80-90 doesn't add up. You said it yourself. 3hrs @ 20/hr (who's going to even flip the "on" switch on their tig for less than 20/hr, what a joke, no way)+ the flange + materials, no way. And $8 in tubing, where did you get that figure? Chances are you'd have about that original figure in just material cost.

Bass Man
03-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Well, around here, the price of 2" is $2 a foot, and 1.5" is $1.50 a foot, so maybe more around $15.

I don't know... I am on unemployment and was hoping for a cheap header.

Accordtheory
03-31-2008, 04:10 AM
What type of material are you talking about exactly? To put it in perspective, sch 10 1.5" 304 is about $6/foot, + shipping. You wouldn't use sch 10 for a n/a header, but still. Not cheap. A decent turbo manifold is about $200 in metal. I can't imagine the thinner metal being all that much cheaper. If you're talking about mild, that would be, but that would also be garbage. At least in my not so humble opinion..