PDA

View Full Version : Rejet?

HondaBoy
03-26-2008, 06:45 PM
well this weber 32/36 dgev carb i have seems to be ok. but i really think the secondary jets need to be a little larger. i've been having trouble with it, seeming like its just not getting enough fuel when the secondary is opened. and if i manually open the secondary by itself it boggs as if its being starved of fuel. anyone have this problem when you first got a weber? if so what jet size would you recommend to ordering? the primary seems just fine, but i'd probably like to go ahead and rejet that side also.

also what kind of fuel mileage were you getting with the rejet? not too worried about that but would be interested in that. also if y'all could recommend a place to somewhat easily order from. i think i'll also be adding a a/f gauge so tuning will be a little easier.

2oodoor
03-27-2008, 03:50 AM
you are better off waiting to get the AF guage, seriously.. the bog could be too rich as well.
Have you checked your final advance from the dizzy? the weights could be froze stuck and not letting the plate advance fully.
What kind of mileage are you getting with it so far?

HondaBoy
03-28-2008, 01:45 PM
well the idle has improved significantly since redoing my ignition timing. i wasnt aware it was so overly advanced. i had misplaced my timing light and hadnt been able to set it with the light. found it, and reset timing. now it runs pretty smooth. not perfect, but pretty damn close. which i can probably improve by retuing the carb a bit.

anyways, i will take the advice and first install an a/f gauge. later on i will think about rejetting. as far as fuel mileage goes, so far it is doing quite well. i had forgot how good this thing was on gas. also using 93 octane fuel instead of 87 octane. seems to run a lot smoother at idle. and if its anything like before, the 93 octane gave me about 20 more miles per tank than 87 octane.

2oodoor
03-28-2008, 02:28 PM
yep mine gets a little more from 93 too
I think you can go 2-4 degrees above the factory spec on the timing, back off your base idle adjustment first (not the idle mixture the one on the thottle) then get the timing up a lil, then adju the mixture no more than 1.75 turns out from bottom, Then adj the throttle stop idle.
Glad to hear it runs better now :cheers: