PDA

View Full Version : Any interest for NIB koni;s still?

Hash_man_Se_i
03-26-2008, 09:29 PM
I am looking in to other suspension options, and am wondering if there is interest out there for these still before I go and put them on the trading post

I only have the front 2, but I also have rear tokico blues and ground controls, all new in their boxes... well the konis and tokicos dont really have boxes right now due to a flood in my basement last year (were not submerged just sprayed with water, and boxes got kinda messy)

Anyways... just wanted to throw this out there, and see if there is interest still, and if so, for what kind of money.

ZackieDarko
03-26-2008, 09:37 PM
i'll trade you my revalved billsteins (sp) i'll pay shipping for everything

Hash_man_Se_i
03-26-2008, 09:54 PM
sorry zackie, but i'd be looking to sell only. If I do get rid of this setup it'll be to get some full body coilovers.

MessyHonda
03-26-2008, 11:29 PM
an extra set would not hurt...but the guy at koni never picks up his phone...i want to send in my konis to convert them to koni sport.....whats the asking price ~300 shipped?

Hash_man_Se_i
03-27-2008, 10:05 AM
^^ That price would sound pretty fair to me. I'm going to check out shipping costs in the next couple days and go from there.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Well... I have decided... The Koni's will be hitting the 3geez trading post in the next couple days... Price will most likely be $300 +shipping, but shipping should only be about $20-30.

If interested, please PM me.

cyra
04-29-2008, 08:19 AM
How much is the drop? 2.25inch? and do I get it right you´re offering the front Koni´s and something ( tokico or whatever ) rear? I would be interested - shipping to Vancouver to my uncle.....

mykwikcoupe
04-29-2008, 09:21 PM
how about the ground controls are they up on the block also?

Messy I cant believe gordon over at koni hasnt asnwered you. Hes been my guy for about 5 years now and hes never let me down. Sorry to hear about that. Also when you send them in make sure they shorten the strut rod equal to your drop so as to make it a stock type travel. I love the heck outta mine.

MessyHonda
04-29-2008, 09:50 PM

Messy I cant believe gordon over at koni hasnt asnwered you. Hes been my guy for about 5 years now and hes never let me down. Sorry to hear about that. Also when you send them in make sure they shorten the strut rod equal to your drop so as to make it a stock type travel. I love the heck outta mine.

well mike i called him like super early and he picked up. the thing that scares me was the 5 week turn around time and he just told me to write my credit card number...since the price depends on the work....he said like 115 for a rebuild...i want them shorten and externaly adjusted....so i was thinking like 500 bucks for the front alone and the rear just shorten and rebuilt since the rear does not really need an adjustment...but yeah i would love a full travel on lowered suspension.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-29-2008, 11:09 PM

I had totally forgotten about the ground controls until about a month ago... how I had gotten screwed over by a local shop that no longer exists and got the wrong application.... Sold them to some guy locally for like $250 i think.

So it will be just the 2 front new Koni's.... Rear tokicos are going to monkey.

w261w261
04-30-2008, 05:21 AM
< well mike i called him like super early and he picked up. the thing that scares me was the 5 week turn around time ...>

At least he was being candid....Bilstein told me it would be about 2 weeks and it was more like 5. Since I have had them done twice and each time it was at least a month, I think that's a reasonable estimate.

I imagine that customizing shocks is such a small part of the company's business, that it gets relegated to "when they have time." At least they'll do it.

88LXi68
04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
well mike i called him like super early and he picked up. the thing that scares me was the 5 week turn around time and he just told me to write my credit card number...since the price depends on the work....he said like 115 for a rebuild...i want them shorten and externaly adjusted....so i was thinking like 500 bucks for the front alone and the rear just shorten and rebuilt since the rear does not really need an adjustment...but yeah i would love a full travel on lowered suspension.

I was basically told the same thing, but I didnt give my credit card # until work was completed.

frantik
04-30-2008, 02:20 PM
someone buy these.. definitely one of the the best investment for your 3gee out there

MessyHonda
04-30-2008, 11:13 PM
I was basically told the same thing, but I didnt give my credit card # until work was completed.

good to know....i want to get my konis in but i want some tires and tires....hard pick since i know i should save some more money for the konis and then get rims.....i hate being broke

knarg
05-01-2008, 12:10 AM
i feel so lucky >_>

mykwikcoupe
05-01-2008, 01:20 PM
good to know....i want to get my konis in but i want some tires and tires....hard pick since i know i should save some more money for the konis and then get rims.....i hate being broke

thats the way mine went also. I got a quote and gave him the notice to proceed and shipped them in. When the work was done I gave him the CC info over the phone and went super easy.