PDA

View Full Version : **WORKING** OEM CD Player w000t!!!

frantik
03-28-2008, 05:53 PM
oh yes.. victory is mine :rockon: :rockon:

so a few months ago i bought a CD player from forrest.. it sat around until recently when labeledsk8r told me how to wire the harness. after a couple trips to the junkyard and audio store for parts i made a harness just to find out the Cd player I had wasn't working right

labeledsk8r ended up selling the player he had to me recently.. I was a little worried since i had already bought one bunk player haha and this one DID have known problems.. namely the DIN wire was messed up. I figured i could replace that and hopefully it woudl just work immediately. When I opened the case on the new CD player I saw the DIN cable had been yanked so hard the connector on the main board had come free. it didnt look damaged though and I hoped I could just replace the cable and it would work

well of course that wasn't the case.. but at least the new cd player would read the CD!!!! i could faintly hear the music through a lot of static, and even normal radio functions werent working. it seemed like the DIN connection was busted still or something. but there was hope!

I then took the whole mechanical assembly from labeledsk8r's player and hooked it up to the electronics from forrest's.. if it didn't work now i didn't know what the hell i would do so i crossed my fingers. turned the car on, stereo works right. cool. insert CD. hold my breath... BOOOM oh shit some nine inch nails from 1989 (:kekeke:) is bumping out my speakers.. sounding pretty good too :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

unfortunately it does seem to be ridiculously sensitive to scratches and stuff. i doubt it will hold up too well to the thrashed bumpy ass roads in san jose.. but.. it works!!

i still have to completely reassemble the cd player and the center console holder but then i'll have the CD player and EQ both working, and still have my ipod input too :devil: now i just need an SEI head unit and amp and i'll have the ultimate honda stereo lol

forrest89sei
03-28-2008, 06:35 PM
YAY!!!

Nine Inch Nails From 1989 FTW

AccordB20A
03-28-2008, 06:35 PM
sounds right. wont read cdrs either. but thats cool to hear you got it going

Civic Accord Honda
03-28-2008, 06:43 PM
pimp!!!

greentee76
03-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Head like a hole.....Black as your soul...
Awww takes me back.
Really cool that you got it working.

forrest89sei
03-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Head like a hole.....Black as your soul...
Awww takes me back.
Really cool that you got it working.

I'd Rather DIE Then give you control!

God money Ill do anything for you.
God money just tell me what you want me to.
God money nail me up against the wall.
God money dont want everything he wants it all.

No you cant take it
No you cant take it
No you cant take that away from me
No you cant take it
No you cant take it

Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.
Id rather die than give you control.
Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.

Bow down before the one you serve.
Youre going to get what you deserve.

God moneys not looking for the cure.
God moneys not concerned with the sick among the pure.
God money lets go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
God moneys not one to choose
No you cant take it
No you cant take it
No you cant take it
No you cant take it

Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.
Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.

Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.
Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.

I love that album, Perfect 3G era music :D

frantik
03-28-2008, 08:11 PM
lol hate to break it to you guys but it was down in it i was listening to ;) from the down in it single (halo one for ninnies)

forrest89sei
03-28-2008, 08:15 PM
lol hate to break it to you guys but it was down in it i was listening to ;) from the down in it single (halo one for ninnies)

Fucker!

I still like it though, I got that Halo :D

My NIN Collection:

NIN - And All That Could Have Been
NIN - Beside You In Time LIVE
NIN - Broken
NIN – Closure
NIN - Down In It
NIN – The Downward Spiral
NIN - Every Day Is Exactly the Same [EP]
NIN – Fixed
NIN - Further Down the Spiral
NIN – Ghosts
NIN - Head Like A Hole
NIN – Only
NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
NIN – SIN
NIN – Survivalism
NIN - The Day The World Went Away
NIN - The Fragile 2 Disc
NIN - The Hand That Feeds
NIN - The Perfect Drug
NIN - Things Falling Apart
NIN - We're In This Together
NIN – With Teeth
NIN - Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D
NIN – Year Zero

frantik
03-28-2008, 08:23 PM
at one point i had all of them up to perfect drug single (including the VHS video).. dont really like his newer stuff

labeledsk8r
03-28-2008, 09:49 PM
glad to know it usable... so the din wireing was totaly screwd huh??? good thing i didnt try to stick with it becuse i woulda never got it working without spair parts... atleast 1 good player was made from the 2 broken ones.. congrats man good stuff and pics of finished install

frantik
03-28-2008, 10:29 PM
so the din wireing was totaly screwd huh???

yeah inside of the player it was pulled from the main board. but even with the replacement wire hooked up it still wasn't working right. i suspect the connection was damaged.

so yeah even if you had gotten a new wire it wouldn't have worked.

will hopefully get to install it tomorrow w00t already assembled the whole CD-EQ-holder thing

Civic Accord Honda
03-28-2008, 10:54 PM
yay

86ccord
03-29-2008, 05:38 AM
good job on getting it to work

MessyHonda
03-29-2008, 08:42 AM
let us listen to it at the meet

frantik
03-29-2008, 03:55 PM
no way for my ears only!! :bandance: lol

just installed it.. man it was a pain in the ass getting the harness to fit back in that tiny space and i used the smaller OEM harness. still need to finish putting everything else back together then i'll take pics and make a video too hehe

labeledsk8r
03-29-2008, 05:42 PM
just installed it.. man it was a pain in the ass getting the harness to fit back in that tiny space and i used the smaller OEM harness. still need to finish putting everything else back together then i'll take pics and make a video too hehe

woot!

and damn that sucks... well glad it went to you and you were able to use it for parts... i woulda been owned on trying to get it to work

frantik
03-30-2008, 12:07 PM
kerblam contrary to popular belief...

it plays burned CDs :rockon:

it also had no skipping problems when i drove it today to the car wash so i'm pretty hype on it now :D :D it still is sensitive to scratches but i can just burn new copies to keep in the car which will be scratch free :D

forrest89sei
03-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Sweet :D

Sounds Like a Quality Product :D

Now you just need some new gen Bose speakers and the amp
then you can have the most pimp HONDA system you can get :rockon:

frantik
03-30-2008, 08:49 PM
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/435/cdplayerve6.jpg

here's a (really low quality) video too http://youtube.com/watch?v=1TeCa-jc1Oo :D

MessyHonda
03-31-2008, 10:45 AM
yeah its sweet...i got to hear it.

carotman
03-31-2008, 12:58 PM
Ah man... I need one of those in my hatch!

I have an 87 LX-i unit in it now that replaced the ultra old OEM unit hehe

Sabz5150
03-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Fucker!

I still like it though, I got that Halo :D

My NIN Collection:

NIN - And All That Could Have Been
NIN - Beside You In Time LIVE
NIN - Broken
NIN – Closure
NIN - Down In It
NIN – The Downward Spiral
NIN - Every Day Is Exactly the Same [EP]
NIN – Fixed
NIN - Further Down the Spiral
NIN – Ghosts
NIN - Head Like A Hole
NIN – Only
NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
NIN – SIN
NIN – Survivalism
NIN - The Day The World Went Away
NIN - The Fragile 2 Disc
NIN - The Hand That Feeds
NIN - The Perfect Drug
NIN - Things Falling Apart
NIN - We're In This Together
NIN – With Teeth
NIN - Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D
NIN – Year Zero

I used to own the two disc set that you had to purchase separately and physically combine the cases into the single set. The two discs were "Closer to God" and "Farther Away". I think I had "Crossed Nails" and a few other imports. They were few and far between, but DEFINITELY worth the grab when I was in my NIN heyday :)

frantik
03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
I used to own the two disc set that you had to purchase separately and physically combine the cases into the single set. The two discs were "Closer to God" and "Farther Away".

thats the import version of the Closer single.. the US version had the tracks from both closer to god and further away on one CD. The US version has 'halo nine' while the two import singles are not labeled with a halo number. back when i collected NIN halos that was the only domestic halo i couldn't find :(

offthahook
03-31-2008, 02:19 PM
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/435/cdplayerve6.jpg

here's a (really low quality) video too http://youtube.com/watch?v=1TeCa-jc1Oo :D

That does look pimp, but it looks like the left side of the CD/EQ is not properly seated in the console. Old school and OEM indeed. I bet that add on was like $700 in 1989. Nice work.

frantik
03-31-2008, 03:14 PM
yeah the left side of the center console thing is bent out a lil on the edge. I need to bend it back to make it sit flush but trust me it's seated correctly.. it actually has 4 mounting points unlike most other center console things which just have two so it really has to be in there right :D

offthahook
03-31-2008, 04:44 PM
yeah the left side of the center console thing is bent out a lil on the edge. I need to bend it back to make it sit flush but trust me it's seated correctly.. it actually has 4 mounting points unlike most other center console things which just have two so it really has to be in there right :D

I go through the same thing sometimes. Something is attached tightly, but another thing doesn't line up just right. Looks off, but is functional indeed. If it is attached tigh, then you are fine. Looks good nonetheless.

carotman
03-31-2008, 05:03 PM
I had the same problem. I just heated the console with a headgun and bent it a little. It fits perfect now.

offthahook
03-31-2008, 05:30 PM
I had the same problem. I just heated the console with a headgun and bent it a little. It fits perfect now.

Gotta get me a headgun...

carotman
03-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Gotta get me a headgun...

hahahah... well.. hmm... I want one too now.

Of course, I meant a heatgun :Owned: