PDA

View Full Version : Removing A/C

conozo
03-29-2008, 07:52 AM
I am removing all my A/C parts and i thought i saw somewhere that the drivers side (right fan when looking at the car from front) fan on the radiator is only for the A/C. Is it only for the A/C and if it is can i just remove it without any overheating problems.

russiankid
03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
In hot weather, both of my fans turn on, that is without A/C.

conozo
04-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Im just confused. Because on hondaautomotiveparts.com they have the drivers side fan under the A/C section and only the passenger side fan under the radiator section. But on the manual in the A/C section it doesnt even mention or have a diagram of any fan, but there has to be a fan for these A/Cs to work, right?

Can someone verify with a car that never had A/C has one or two fans.

nfs480
04-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Both my fans turn on as well, I think the one fan is sort of dual-purpose, it cools the engine/radiator and the A/C system at the same time. It really doesn't weigh much so I wouldn't worry about it for weight reduction.

EDIT: Does the A/C work? Because i'd die without A/C in the summer, and I live in MN!

Dr_Snooz
04-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Can someone verify with a car that never had A/C has one or two fans.

Can't say for '86-'89, but for the '76-'81 Accords, that was indeed the case. A car that never had A/C would have had only one fan. Cars with two fans (A/C equipped) ran both fans whenever the engine got hot, not just when the A/C was on. I suspect '86-'89 was the same way.

Not sure why you'd wanna remove the A/C, :devil: but to each his own.

conozo
04-03-2008, 06:32 AM
I want to remove it to clean up the engine bay and i have used it a total of 3 times since i got the car 6 years ago. I dont mind the heat and like having the windows down when driving. Makes it feel like your going faster.

Anyways i was thinking that if you have A/C installed it will use both fans all the time because you have the condenser in front of the radiator. So it may need both fans to blow the air through both of those instead of just the one to blow it through the radiator.