PDA

View Full Version : bigger cam

evil88accordLX
03-31-2008, 12:29 PM
i will (hopefully) be picking up a cylinder head to rebuild from the jy this weekend, with plans to port the exhaust side. a weber, header, test pipe, and exhaust are also on the bill in the near future. if i need to replace the springs, valves, and rockers so be it. i would also like to pick up a longer duration cam (272 i believe). is there a cam from any other hondas that i can use that is a direct swap, and if so what year and models should i look into? id rather keep it honda than aftermarket if possible.

and also, would a mild porting of the intake side really make much of a difference on a carb'd vehicle?

ghettogeddy
03-31-2008, 12:34 PM
i will (hopefully) be picking up a cylinder head to rebuild from the jy this weekend, with plans to port the exhaust side. a weber, header, test pipe, and exhaust are also on the bill in the near future. if i need to replace the springs, valves, and rockers so be it. i would also like to pick up a longer duration cam (272 i believe). is there a cam from any other hondas that i can use that is a direct swap, and if so what year and models should i look into? id rather keep it honda than aftermarket if possible.

and also, would a mild porting of the intake side really make much of a difference on a carb'd vehicle?

i dont think there is cause if there was you would have heard about it by now lol

MessyHonda
03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
delta has cheap regrinds....i think they go for like 100 bucks. the 272 is a good starting cam.

if you need a port and polish head i have one.

2oodoor
03-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Of course any porting and polishing will help regardless of fuel delivery system.
The Delta 272 is a Honda cam, they are oem cams reground.. that is why you have to send them your cam to get one.

89T
03-31-2008, 03:13 PM
delta has cheap regrinds....i think they go for like 100 bucks. the 272 is a good starting cam.

if you need a port and polish head i have one.
was the head flow benched?
do you have the flow bench data?
shoot me a pm on price.