PDA

View Full Version : been a while.......

Jasonf860
04-01-2008, 04:01 AM
It's been a long time since I've really frequented the forum because my 3gee has been running perfectly without incident. Well, just last week she's run into an idle issue and I just don't have the time to delve into it. I did the obvious (vacuum leaks, fuel filters, plugs/wires/cap/rotor) But nothing has helped. :violin:Unless there is a simple fix, I'll be selling her off in the coming weeks. Before I do, there are really only 2 parts of interest on it that would be worth me removing. The Delta 272 cam with roughly 8K miles and the cupholders/console/armrest. There's also the Prelude steering wheel too. I figured I'd offer them up to the 3Gee comunity before selling her off as a whole. (she'll still be sold as a whole, just with stock parts instead) It's been so long I forget what these are worth...

Demon1024
04-01-2008, 04:17 AM
how much would you take for the cam? sorry i'm cheap
Did you try cleaning the iacv?
What is it doing exactly just rough idle or moving round?

Jasonf860
04-01-2008, 05:02 AM
Well, The car runs perfect anytime it is off idle. It pulls hard all the way through the rev band, but as soon as it gets down around idle speed it barely runs... it will skip and stutter at around 400 rpm and lower, then catch itself and rev up past 2k and come back down only to do it again.

MessyHonda
04-01-2008, 08:14 AM
did you adjust the valves and check timing?

Jasonf860
04-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Valves were adjusted less than 2 months ago and timing was re-set at that point as well. Car passed emissions 2 weeks ago with better than flying colors. I'm betting it's directly related to the damn carb.

2oodoor
04-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Valves were adjusted less than 2 months ago and timing was re-set at that point as well. Car passed emissions 2 weeks ago with better than flying colors. I'm betting it's directly related to the damn carb.

sounds like it , you never 'd weber'd:)

Jasonf860
04-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Nope. Factory carb on there. I just couldn't justify spending that kind of cash on this car. After all, I do have my 325 to think about...:thumbup:

Jasonf860
04-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Little update:
I'm trying everything short of a new carb to save my beloved 3gee. Last night I checked the valves and they were all well within spec. I rechecked timing as well and it was spot on as well. I also went through every vacuum line individually. Not a crack, pin hole, or split in any of them. I did notice that the EGR valve does not seem to be "working" as often. Almost like the car is not going on it's idle "circuit". I also tried manually adjusting the idle speed with the idle screw. I turned it up 3 full turns and it idles at the exact same spot. Any ideas?

2oodoor
04-02-2008, 05:55 AM
check the float level- sight glass
check that the booster venturi inside the throat is not loose
check the fast idle servo and thermovalve
you can try spraying the throat and choke , throttle plates inside the carb, good with carb cleaner
Make sure the secondary throttle is closing all the way, sometimes they get hung partially open.

Try the vacuum removal mods here, I have not looked in a while hopefully the diagrams are still working.

Jasonf860
04-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Anyone think a plugged up cat could be the cause?

Jasonf860
04-12-2008, 06:17 AM
Found the problem! It's a vacuum leak under the carb! Now I just have to fix the beast!

A18A
04-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Yay!

Jasonf860
04-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Hell yes YAY! I don't have to sell her anymore! Now the POS Nissan can go!