PDA

View Full Version : So my deck *may* be dying...

A20A3quippedbeast
04-01-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm driving along listening to my FM transmitter/iPod combo, with my stock deck.

The deck is now randomly turning on and off, but I don't lose power over any other electrical accessories. I pulled it out and cleaned the contacts which seemed fine, and it has the same problem. I'm thinking it could be internal.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Moncef

nfs480
04-01-2008, 04:01 PM
I had a problem where the sound would cut out and then back in for several minutes at a time. But the deck was still lit up. Is yours losing power completely? Most likely you'd need a new deck but if the power is going out completely it may be something else.

MessyHonda
04-01-2008, 04:18 PM
check your ground and power wire...also your ignition switch might be your problem but it would turn off the whole car.

A20A3quippedbeast
04-02-2008, 08:55 AM
I had a problem where the sound would cut out and then back in for several minutes at a time. But the deck was still lit up. Is yours losing power completely? Most likely you'd need a new deck but if the power is going out completely it may be something else.

Yeah,

It has done that before, but whenever it was illuminated, the sound would come back within a few seconds. I would say the deck is losing power completely. I'm not getting any sound or display.

Alright, the car hasn't been messed with electrically, so I'm not sure of the chances of it being a bad ground. I'll look into it.

Thanks,

Moncef

nfs480
04-02-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm going to replace the amp and hope that fixes the problem with the sound coming and going.

EDIT: Mine's the Bose SE-i system btw.

A20A3quippedbeast
04-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Are you referring to the amplifier inside the head unit?

I started shopping for a new deck, but I wanna check the ground/power wires. Could someone point me to where the ground & power wire(s) are for the stereo? (I am electronically retarded and do not work on my car at all).

Thanks,

Moncef

nfs480
04-03-2008, 08:16 PM
The Bose system has a separate amplifier that's located in the trunk. I'm going to be replacing that.

A20A3quippedbeast
04-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Bought new deck the other day.

Alpine CDE 9883, works great, def. better than stock HU.

Moncef