PDA

View Full Version : who can help or give advice?

1320boy
04-02-2008, 03:06 PM
So as some of you may know i moved from Cali to Washington because of how expensive it is out there, and some of you know that my dad was the one who gave me Blueberry. Well i lost my wallet so i could not drive her all the way up with no licence, but i also had no redgistration and my tags were expired since 03 (ha ha) well cali dmv coulnt help me get the car in my name cuz of no title, i had to go to washington. Ok fine. i had to leave my car in Oakland, fine now im here in Wa and come to find out that my dad never paid the car off he still owes $4200 on her! Now im stuck because i love that car sooo much and i cant get her because its going to get repoed once its here. Now my question is how can i go about this because my pops doesnt want to get involved cuz its "my" car now.
I was trying to find out some info about Auto Foreclosure and see if i can have my dad do a default or something pay about 12-15 or even $2000 to get her mine. Has any of you heard of a Certificate of Processor Lien Foreclosure? I just want my car back but im not sure how to go about it because im not the owner? any sudgestions are helpful but im looking for a definate way to get my car back legaly.

Strahan
04-02-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't know the answer, but I'd think a logical source to try for definitive answers would be the car's lien holder. Give them a call and explain the situation, see what your options are.

blazin3gen
04-02-2008, 05:22 PM
well if your credit is good u can see if u could take a personal loan out to pay the remainder or maybe even get in contact with the bank tell them u got it as a gift and had no idea your dad was making payments nor did u know he was behind on paying it. more then likely they will have u continue making payments becuase if u owe 4200 and they repo it they will get the short end of the stick .. but your dad has to deff get involved the car is under him and him only

is this the 3g we are talkin about"? if so when they sell in whole sale they gonna get jioped probly 3k bucks lol

Dr_Snooz
04-02-2008, 06:44 PM
The leinholder probably wrote off the $4200 years ago. Call them and explain the situation. See what you can work out.

forrest89sei
04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Well Legally No One Owes Anything on it, Statute of Limitations is 4 Years, But since they hold the title...., Best bet is to try to cut a deal with them, you have to be careful though because once you send them the first payment, you reaffirm the debt, meaning they can sue you for the $4,200.

Talk to them about a payment plan, and do NOTHING until you have it all in writing.

ghettogeddy
04-02-2008, 07:15 PM
you might also want to think about hiding the car somewere lol
if you come down here you can stash it at my place im about 30min from oak

gfrg88
04-02-2008, 08:05 PM
make it a drag car!!! reprezent 3geez foo!!! :rockon:

1320boy
04-03-2008, 10:40 AM
make it a drag car!!! reprezent 3geez foo!!! :rockon:
already thought about it with a K series motor but i would love to drive it too.

you might also want to think about hiding the car somewere lol
if you come down here you can stash it at my place im about 30min from oak
Shes in my moms garage but thanks for the offer.

Well Legally No One Owes Anything on it, Statute of Limitations is 4 Years, But since they hold the title...., Best bet is to try to cut a deal with them, you have to be careful though because once you send them the first payment, you reaffirm the debt, meaning they can sue you for the $4,200.

Talk to them about a payment plan, and do NOTHING until you have it all in writing.

good point i can see what arangements i can mke but if they want too much im not sur what im going to do? i wonder if i could do a buy back or something like that where i pay the money that my dad never paid and they get the rest from him. cuz he bought the car in 2000 and paid $4800 now he couldnt have just paid $600 and they never got it for three years before he moved to cali.

Cheeseburger
04-03-2008, 11:20 AM
ouch! dude ive been telling ur ass to get the car registered for a long time now! who does ur dad owe 4,200 the dmv? or the old owner of the accord?

ghettogeddy
04-03-2008, 11:29 AM
kinda fucked up he would give you a car like that and not tell you the details lol i say take him to peoples court lol one of the tv shows and get the money from him like that lol

BITESIZE
04-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Sounds like your dad dicked you pretty good!

2oodoor
04-03-2008, 02:33 PM

that was a fucked up thing to say bitesize
1320boy, sometimes it is better to just cut your losses.. regarding the car not your dad.
It has been over five years since it had tax and tag paid on it? you have to be joking
procrastination followed by obsession... hummph:violin:

BITESIZE
04-03-2008, 02:46 PM
^^^it's the truth isn't it?

2oodoor
04-03-2008, 02:53 PM
no not when you don't know the whole story, but still what you said ^^^bitesize, dam. I would lol but it ain't quite that funny. so :)
IMO, sounds like the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. Neither one of them seem to take care of business too well, so you can't really take a side with out the details can ya.
sorry 1320boy , it is what it is. and you asked for advice, I gave mine.

1320boy
04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
no not when you don't know the whole story, but still what you said ^^^bitesize, dam. I would lol but it ain't quite that funny. so :)
IMO, sounds like the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. Neither one of them seem to take care of business too well, so you can't really take a side with out the details can ya.
sorry 1320boy , it is what it is. and you asked for advice, I gave mine.

Yeah i asked the opinion and your intitled to what ever you think But i did say that i have been taking care of business but because im not the registerd owner there was absolutley nothing i could do because it was an out of state car. Each state has their own protocal on how they operate and Cali was not able to do anything nor could they tell me who the lein holder was. (i found out anyway) But i have always tried to do some even file abandonment. Nothing could be done till i got back to Washington. Now as far as my dad goes he wants nothing to do with it at all, when i call and ask he always has something going on or he will hang up. Acid knows how hard ive been trying but when i lost my wallet that was the end of it till i moved back north.

yea he did, but see ifell into it because he told me even in front of Acid-X (im sure he remembers) that the car was paid and he "Lost" the title and never had time to get a new one, till i was on his back he always gave me abunch of shit and find someway to get out of it.

ouch! dude ive been telling ur ass to get the car registered for a long time now! who does ur dad owe 4,200 the dmv? or the old owner of the accord?

Aw c;mon man you of all people should know that i was trying my best to put her in my name. But he owes the money to auto reliance.

2oodoor
04-04-2008, 03:25 AM
more of the story, just like I said

anyway, 5 years?
how much back tax will that be if it was not registered, were they being paid?
you have to condisder every detail of how much this is going to cost you, there are plenty of other cars out there that you could start fresh with , IMO.

In Georgia it would be at least $450 dollars in penaltys, which the previous owner would have to pay before it was retitled. (being that it was never salvage titled)
If it was repossesed, you could bid on it at auction if you could get in. You would have to have established credit, money in the bank, and a bank voucher. Of course this would be after all due process was fulfilled at collections from the lienholder to the original name on the loan. Even then there is a good chance the liquidator of that vehicle may already have a disposal outlet that may not make the car available to the public (at least not in a way you could track the car's location)

2oodoor
06-24-2008, 04:26 PM
wow looky, wonder if the kid ever got it streight

2oodoor
06-25-2008, 02:53 PM
:dunno: