PDA

View Full Version : Corner Lights Not Working??

Jonessoda27
04-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Pretty straight forward... Both corner lights the bulbs do not light up when i signal. The two front bulbs are fine but the ones behind the orange reflector don't light up.

Fuse issue??? If so, which one???!

Thank you.

carotman
04-08-2008, 06:28 AM
Simple, you unplugged the box under the radio. This box chimes when you have the key in the ignition and you leave the door open.

Jonessoda27
04-08-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't get it... are we on the same page?

ghettogeddy
04-08-2008, 10:46 PM
im sure theres a method behind his madness

carotman
04-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Is it unplugged or not?

If you have the bigger console with the cassette holder or the cupholder, it's right behind it.

Dr_Snooz
04-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Are you saying that your corner lights don't light AT ALL or just that they don't blink when you signal?

I'm not sure that they are supposed to blink, but don't know for sure.

Jonessoda27
04-09-2008, 10:16 PM
They don't light up nor blink whatsoever and its not a light bulb issue...

carotman
04-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Ok... I'll repeat. Is the little box plugged or not?

Toneloc5145
04-10-2008, 07:27 AM
I don't get it... are we on the same page?

You may not understand where Carotman is coming from....truth is I don't either, but I would still take his advice considering he's had his car apart so much and converted it from A20 Carb to B20 Fi.

carotman
04-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Anyone can do the test if you like. Unplug that little box and your side blinkers will stop working. This box doesn't just chime for our ear's pleasure. It has more than 1 wire going to it. The box also acts as a control device for the blinkers.

When the parking lights are off and you use your flasher, the side blinkers will just light as they're supposed to do. However, if your parking lights are turned on, the blinkers will do the opposite, they will turn off, then back on. This is what the box does.

Now, if you don't believe me, try it by yourself.

russiankid
04-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Anyone can do the test if you like. Unplug that little box and your side blinkers will stop working. This box doesn't just chime for our ear's pleasure. It has more than 1 wire going to it. The box also acts as a control device for the blinkers.

When the parking lights are off and you use your flasher, the side blinkers will just light as they're supposed to do. However, if your parking lights are turned on, the blinkers will do the opposite, they will turn off, then back on. This is what the box does.

Now, if you don't believe me, try it by yourself.

I second that. My interior lights(A/C controls etc..) did not come on when I forgot to plug the box back in.

race12001
04-10-2008, 06:21 PM
yea i got tierd of the noises so i unpluged any noise makin box and i got som non essential lights out too

Civic Accord Honda
04-10-2008, 06:34 PM
yep thats what the black box does
i stoped it from making sounds tho
took a soder iorn got it hot and shoved it in to the tiny speaker :D

Dr_Snooz
04-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Do you also lose your headlight warning chime if that's not plugged in? Mine doesn't work, and I'd really like it to.

Freakin' hate that stupid door racket though. My '93 screams incessantly if the door is open and the key is anywhere near the ignition. Forget about listening to the stereo while you wash the car. I have to unplug the fuse to shut it up. Drives me bananas.

Jonessoda27
04-13-2008, 03:37 PM
The box is definitely PLUGGED in.

carotman
04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
hmmm strange. you could try and replace the box (if you can get one for free)