PDA

View Full Version : H22A/F20B PRi Engine Mounts.

2Fast_Fiero
09-20-2002, 02:06 PM
I have been talking with PRi for the past 2 weeks and they told me that if I can get 10 Orders of people wanting the H22A engine mounts made and a car in SoCal to prototype the mounts to, they will start manufacturing the 3rd Gen Accord H22A/F20B Engine Swap Mounts. So I need 10 people wanting the mounts, and someone wanting to do this swap that lives in SoCal.

RobT5580
09-20-2002, 03:26 PM
I possibly would be interested but i would need more information for example like the hydrolic tranny and how much extra is their kit to convert that portion because that is the major difference besides size of the engine. That would be cheaper than a Type R swap but still remain up there in HP and Torque. Im a little leary on space i would think it will be a pain to work on but i dont know exactly how much bigger it is from a regular B-series.

carotman
09-20-2002, 03:42 PM
THe engine will bolt with no problem with a kit.

Now, how much would be the kit????

I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY interested.. :p :)

Depends of the price tough.

I'm sure it's around 1500 us minimum.... :(

netfreak
09-20-2002, 03:43 PM
What I need to know first before ordering mounts is what has to be removed to fit the engine.. If it goes in good (maybe with aftermarket headers for more room) then it's good for me, but I don't want to be removing my PS or something for it.

88LXi68
09-20-2002, 03:44 PM
this is a joke. We cant even get 10 people to buy B-series kits and you think your gonna get people to buy h22a/f20b kits? get real. You want a swap put a b-series in. It will be the easiest thing of all the swaps for many reasons.
1) cable trannies
2) you can stay OBD-0
3) the B-series swaps have been done so its not AS rare as it used to be so getting help isnt so hard.

h22a is a cool idea but unless you have 10k plus i dont see it feasible or worth it.

carotman
09-20-2002, 03:45 PM
the kit will include the same as the B-series kit......

THe hydro clutch isn't a problem

88LXi68
09-20-2002, 03:50 PM
maybe it isnt a BIG problem but you still need a place to mount all the stuff for it. In a car that wasnt EVER equipped with a hydro I think that is kinda tough. This kit might be just as much as a b-series kit if not more, but the fact remains....we cant get 10 for that, how can we get 10 for this? I am not flaming anyone im just giving my opinion.

netfreak
09-20-2002, 04:53 PM
Perhaps we need to draw more outside interest.. If the admins approve, I'm probably going to run some classified ads in the local paper advertising 3geez to get more people on here.

carotman
09-20-2002, 08:07 PM
The hydro hardware is onli like the size of an apple..... it's basicaly a cable driver master cyl

1989 DX R
09-20-2002, 09:29 PM
If it can be done for 6-7k I might be down with it.

2Fast_Fiero
09-20-2002, 10:19 PM
I'm trying to talk PRi down on the number of people they want, but I'm doing the same thing with the outside influence on the mounts. I'm gonna go all over town looking for any sort of place I could advertise for this swap, but I dont know about the other things, I'm just talking with them about the Engine mounts, with that things will be alot easier. They said the cost will depend on how hard it is to make the mounts. So I'm gonna keep looking all around the web and places in town to see who wants to be on this list. IF any of you could do the same, that would be cool, but whoever wants to wait on this and help out, email me and I'll start up a list and hopefully we can get to that goal. But remember just to email me with names and contact info on everyone that wants to be in on this. I know its alot to ask because yes it is 10 people and one has to be in SoCal and wanting do to this asap. there is no time on when we need to get the list done, I just need patient people who are interested. Once we get the list done, if we don't have anyone in SoCal wanting to let PRi Prototype on thier car. Then I'll take a few days off and buy the H22A and bring my 87 LXi up there so they can use mine. Don't ask me how I'm gonna do this because thats planing I don't want to do just yet until I get near that goal. I want to get this done. so anyone and everyone please help out and spread the word to anyone you can think of.

89AccordNate
09-21-2002, 10:44 AM
You think people are going to drop 7k into a engine? Lets put this into reality-

If we had that kind of money to throw down into a car, do you think the majority of us would be driving a 3g? If we had THAT much money, would your guys cars be more or less stock looking with factory paint? No. If we had that kind of cash then we would have the pimpest rides around, and then do a swap. You WONT find 10 people on this board to do it, period. No one on here can afford the littlist things, you think they can drop that kind of cash? We are mostly all young guys with little to no income. If anyone was going to swap, they would had done a B series a long time ago.

Good luck, but it wont happen.

Nate.

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 11:02 AM
The B series is WAY more expencive Nate. Expencive I mean by a few grand. I've allready talked to like 20 people who have done the H22A swap and the only difference from them and us is they had mounts, we don't. most of them spent $3500 MAXIMUM thats less then any B Series Engine by far. and that did include engine, all the essentials like the trany, all the stock bolt ons to the engine, custom made engine harness, ecu custom made linkage and custom made axles. So look up prices before you get all sceptical. and I'm not just looking on the board like I allready said. I'm looking and advertising EVERYWHERES. Tomorow I'm going to be driving around town with tons of paper work for every race shop I can find, domestic or import, I know there are a few people here with 3Geez and they are looking for more power. I've allready got like 3 people on this board saying they would like to be on the waiting list for these. they have plenty of time to save up if they want to do this swap for the mounts. And on another note, I WOULDNT. I'm going to fix up my new 3G, then buy another one and design it differently. I have fallen in love with the 3geez. And I dont want to drive anything else, unless anyone wants to give me an RX7/300ZX/ or Dodge Viper :P

night
09-21-2002, 11:08 AM
i got a groupbuy going through place racing before my dissapearance and not a single person was seriously into it.
you are wasting your time.

and i am putting thousands (i dont really wanna add it all up) into a motor, but my situation is a bit better. my car is 400lbs lighter to start and i dont have to buy all of place racing's overpriced stuff.

88LXi68
09-21-2002, 11:12 AM
Ok I am trying to be polite but you just dont get it! The people you have talked to have all put those engines in 90+ Accords where the DROP right in. They could use their stock tranny and computer if they wanted to. What paper work? lol Im sorry but your trting to do something that wont happen.

BTW
JDM b16a complete w/ tranny and ECU lets say $1200
so i believe that is cheaper than your $3500 for an H22a, plus you can but shit for the b16a (cams, n2o, header, etc etc)

89AccordNate
09-21-2002, 11:18 AM
Some people are just retarded, and cant understand cars in general. They think that they all are the same on the inside. Obviously people are the same as cars, because I sure as hell wouldnt want to be as dumb as MSI inside my head.

When I see the motor in there, I will give more props then anyone else, until then, keep it off the board unless you have some real information, and not bullshit information like everyone else seems to post on here.

Nate.

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 11:20 AM
Looks like nate has a REALY big problem with me ATEMPTING to get PRi to make mounts for us. May I remind all of you that the H22A engine isn't nearly as expencive as the B series engine, and its more powerful and has alot more potential.......I dont get how people like you, people who say they know this shit and have experenced everything bla bla bla can say that doing this is imposible or stupid or whatever, thats just bull shit, I lose respect for people like you. Such negative attitudes on everything, DAMN! Again I say that I have Plans. Didn't Yasu have a plan for how long did someone say....a year of doing the B20 swap? and I also heard that he did all his research on how to do the swap and everything so he wont be sittin there not knowing wtf to do.....what about Juan? Who has done a B16 swap, SEi rear disc brake conversion......NOS all sorts of cool shit to his 3geez. Justin who had a custom turbo header designed and he turbocharged his A20A motor. People who said a 4th gen body kit WILL NOT WORK...someone made it work with no problems....so laugh it up, I'll be the one with the last laugh and I will tell you I TOLD YOU SO! If people want in on this PRi H22A thing, its not going to be anywheres near as expenvice as a B series, It will be somewhat close. and I will tell you now that it wont cost anything above 5grand unless you rip yourself off and buy an expencive engine. People I know has done this swap to thier cars and didn't have alot of money, they custom made everything, mounts, linkage, axles, engine harnesses. and they have told me that they have spent from the range of 2-3.5grand in the whole swap. I alllready have a few people who want to do this...alot more then I thought I would have at this time, but there is alot of time to wait for everyone to decide or save up or whatever on earth they want to do. the thing is, PRi told me what they want in order to start manufactureing the engine mounts. and I'm going to do my best to make it happen, and when I get to my best point, I'm gonna take that to them and see what they say.

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 11:29 AM
And no, 99.9% of the people I talked to put them in Honda Civics and Honda Integra's. 2 guys did it to a Honda Civic CRX. 1 guy gave me the price he spent for his 94accord H22A, but he only spent $1300. And you are very lucky dude, cause I CANNOT find a B Series engine that can actualy give a stock H22A any sort of competition for anything lower then $4600 for just the motor, and that $3500 is what I'm estimating for the swap.

YK86
09-21-2002, 12:13 PM
Kind of off topic but the reason I was doing so much researching was because I was about to buy a "built for turbo" B20A with almost a full point lower in compression and I wanted to change it back to stock so I did alot of asking around to see what I could use without ordering from Japan or overseas so it's not really like I was learning how to get the motor running. I'm not loaded with money so I didn't want to waste alot of money on anything that may not work right (without dishing out more cash). I like to know what I'm about to get into but it's not like I was researching every day for a year. I did alot of asking about a year ago for about two weeks but then did nothing for a very long time.

Now getting back to the main topic, unfortunately, it is going to be VERY tough to get 10 guys for this regardless of it being for a B series or H/F series. I like what you are trying to do but alot of people need to save more money than their car is probably worth to do this. And I remember Night's group buy thing a while back and if I remeber right, there was a few maybe's and no one with a concrete yes.

YK86
09-21-2002, 12:13 PM
BTW, when did you become a moderator on Hondasociety????

babybluaccord
09-21-2002, 12:15 PM
find out a price i might be interested

night
09-21-2002, 01:36 PM
you can keep going for the H22 all you want, i dont care. the only thing thats getting to me is you keep saying the B costs more.

you can build an LS/VTEC for dirt cheap. find a B18A block for 2-300, a 1gen B16 head for 300, a JDM 4.4 tranny for 300-350, and an ecu for 75ish. i will add up everything if someone wants. but it will be a better deal than the H22. in price and potential. the H22 has a very limited aftermarket compared to a B.

and the LS/VTEC will make anyone giddy with the difference from an A20. for 99.9% of the ppl here the H22 is serious overkill. if thats what you want keep going for it, but dont push it on ppl that dont completely understand this scene yet (which is an oddly large % of the ppl on these boards).

as a tip to you, getting those mounts custom welded locally will be immensly cheaper than anything PRI can do. axles will still be expensive, but i recommend a hub swap and using axles from a kit made for it (well, i may have good news on that, if i get around to checking it out). and for gods sake, get the axles and line the motor up before you have the mounts made.
you can plan for the rest of your life and this swap will not be a drop in and go. your car will be down for some time because you will have problems.

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 02:34 PM
I understand that, and I never said I was gonna do this, but it would be nice if any company made mounts for it. And another thing...I don't trust myself in making mounts. Yasu, I became a Mod about 3 days ago. And Babyblueaccord, they said the price will depend on how hard it is to make the mounts. And another thing Yasu, I'm doing the same in a way, I want to know every single little detail about my options in doing an engine swap, I like the sound of a B18 in a way, but I don't care much for the TQ on those engines, I love the sound of the B20Z. and thats another thing I wanna learn from. I just want to be ready. I dont get how you all dont understand that.

89AccordNate
09-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Yea, MSi your once again showing your lack of intelligence in the car field. As you stated, none of the guys did the swap in a 86-89 ACCORD. They did them in other cars. Once again, this makes the biggest difference!!!

A h22a drops into a 5th gen with more or less no hassles, its a bolt in swap, nothing more to go.

A crx is tougher but has been done 90 times before. it isnt very popular due to its weight, but once again its a CRX AND NOT AN 86-89 ACCORD.

Im so tired of arguing about this because your so dumb you cant even see that the cars are different. You think that because one guy did it in one car, then its just as easy in our cars..YOUR TOTALLY WRONG!!!!!!!!

Get some real info on it, and quit talking out your ass. You're the type of person that we go "God hes so retarded" off the board.

Nate.

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 02:39 PM
But, like I told Nate, go ahead Laugh at me. I don't give a shit. I know whats going down and I'll be the one lmao@whoever said it could not be done.

<EDIT> Just turn around, go the other way Nate. I am NO LONGER going to listen to your shitty advice any more. You are a very Horible Person. And I pray that one day you will learn your lesson the hard way! <EDIT>

89AccordNate
09-21-2002, 03:29 PM
lol, now im the horrible person because im the one telling you flat out how it is. Im sorry everyone else on this board more then likely thinks what I do about this topic. Sometimes taking the stand is better then holding back. Im the one who takes the stand on the board for idiots that come here. If you dont like it, oh well!

Nate.

netfreak
09-21-2002, 03:43 PM
There seems to be quite the conflict of interest here. First of all, to whoever was talking about who would drop that much cash into a 3g, did you ever wonder why we own these cars? I would rather have my car over most newer ones, and when something like this comes along offering very good performance, I take interest. I must admit, even I have a price limit. If the PRi mounts cost over $1000 usd I'll go with a B swap instead. I am a big fan of the H22A because of the HP and torque, and I've wanted to swap one into my car from day one. MSI, if you can get some more people for this and also get a test car, I'm in.

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 07:04 PM
Thank you man, and I can guarentee they wont be anywheres near 1grand. maybe like 500 bucks. Netfreak, send me a messege and tell me how long your willing to wait on this, and if your in or not. I need to start a list and start debating with PRi about how many people they want. Hopefully they can make me a deal. EVERYONE THAT IS INTERESTED AND/OR WANTS IN, PM ME WITH THE DETAILS AND TELL ME HOW LONG YOUR WILLING TO WAIT. I dont know how long it will take for me to get the right ammount of people. but I'm gonna try.

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 07:06 PM
And I'm there too, for the price I'm most likely going to be spending to buy a STOCK 3G, I could go out and buy a 89 Porsche 928. But I don't want to. I want to fix up the 3G

netfreak
09-21-2002, 07:10 PM
Message sent.

If the mounts end up being decently priced, then that would be a bonus. At all the places I've seen, the H22A package is about $1000 more than the B16A. I can already feel my wallet's pain but it'll be hella worth it. ZOOM!

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 07:29 PM
H22 (2.2 DOHC V-TEC) SiR $3595.95
http://www.ardperformance.com/images/h22.gif
2.2 DOHC 16V VTEC 200 HP Honda motor. Direct from Japan. Includes engine, hydraulic transmission and ECU. Price includes truck freight.

H22A JDM Prelude Engine
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/engines/H22A_1.jpg
92 - 96
Fully Complete
PRICES START @
$2500.00
IN STOCK

H22A JDM Prelude Type-S Engine
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/engines/H22A-S.jpg
96+
Fully Complete
PRICES START @
$4500.00
IN STOCK

Euro Accord-R H22A Engine
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/engines/H22A-R.jpg
98+
Fully Complete
PRICES START @
$4500.00
IN STOCK

http://www.h22a.com/images/h22aportpolish.jpg
JDM H22A Prelude
DOHC VTEC 4 Cylinder 16 Valve
Transmission: Hydraulic
ECU: OBD1 ('93-'96)
Displacement: 2157cc
Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
HP/Torque: 200hp@6800/161 lb-ft@5500
Redline: 7200 rpm
IN STOCK
Price: $2,800 (Includes Shipping)

DarknessRS
09-21-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
Some people are just retarded, and cant understand cars in general. They think that they all are the same on the inside. Obviously people are the same as cars, because I sure as hell wouldnt want to be as dumb as MSI inside my head.

When I see the motor in there, I will give more props then anyone else, until then, keep it off the board unless you have some real information, and not bullshit information like everyone else seems to post on here.

Nate.

LMAO :lol

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 08:58 PM
I guess I have failed to see what is funny Darkness!!!

Jims 86LXI HB
09-21-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
I could go out and buy a 89 Porsche 928. But I don't want to. I want to fix up the 3G

Well thank god you stumbled onto the 3G. I can't think of a bigger mistake than a 89 928, un reliable P.....O.....S!!!!!!!!!!
No one in their right mind touches those things.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-21-2002, 10:04 PM
H22 (2.2 DOHC V-TEC) SiR $3595.95

2.2 DOHC 16V VTEC 200 HP Honda motor. Direct from Japan. Includes engine, hydraulic transmission and ECU. Price includes truck freight.

H22A JDM Prelude Engine

92 - 96
Fully Complete
PRICES START @
$2500.00
IN STOCK

H22A JDM Prelude Type-S Engine

96+
Fully Complete
PRICES START @
$4500.00
IN STOCK

Euro Accord-R H22A Engine

98+
Fully Complete
PRICES START @
$4500.00
IN STOCK

JDM H22A Prelude
DOHC VTEC 4 Cylinder 16 Valve
Transmission: Hydraulic
ECU: OBD1 ('93-'96)
Displacement: 2157cc
Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
HP/Torque: 200hp@6800/161 lb-ft@5500
Redline: 7200 rpm
IN STOCK
Price: $2,800 (Includes Shipping)

Those price include a transmission,.........right? If not please do the reasearch and repost prices that have manuel transmissions included. Part of what makes them worthwhile is the gear ratio's that they were built with. You don't want them matched up with tall gears.

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 10:58 PM
Yes, they come with Trannies, LSD Tranies are Optional, and I think Auto tranies are more expencive. Except for that last one....all the other ones are ready to go for the new accords and ludes, all you gotta do is drop them in, install the new ecu, and engine harness bla bla bla, and your done. the last one dont have anything on it, no trany, no intake, no exaust. just what you see. SHITTY. I'm gettin at all we'll have to do is....Get Engine Mounts Made, Custom Make Linkage, Get Custom Made Axles......Umm......and probably a few other lil things, so if you get a good deal on an engine, most likely 5-6grand all together, I'm guessin, I have met a few people on HS that bought thier H22A's from the Admin. of HS and he sells them for DIRT CHEAP! if you buy one of the others that I showed.....the price obviously goes higher, but I wanna get the cheapest KIT I can find. I would like to find a junk yard with one in it, and Pull everything out that will make the car run, and have them cut me a deal.....think I can do that?

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 10:59 PM
I was thinkin that it might be posible to put some small gears in the 1st 4. then run the 5th gear as a Overdrive.

How do you figure they are POS's? I love the 944 (951 Turbo) and the 928 with the 302cid V-8 Engine, the cars are cheap, but the performance parts arent lol. and....dont hate me but I used to hate 3Geez. I never imagined they could look nice, all because of my dad. he owned the one I got, and YUX. My brother bought it and we cleaned it up and bought wheels, thats what made me like it, but I wasnt going to get one, until I started to buy it from him. I started to see the car in a different sence. then I stumbled accross 3Geez.Com and it opened my eyes to a new 3rd Gen Accord World. I didn't know shit about it until now. Now I have confidence, I know If I have any problems or Idea's I can share or theorize them with all of you, its fuckin cool man!

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 11:16 PM
Went to the damn living room to look outside, everyone is asleep and there is a nice moon out.....It just hit me....I talked about this guy before. Some people stole this guys 5th Gen Accord and wrecked it, only body damage. he gave up on it, only thing fucked is some shit in the front, and the tail lights are missing, hood is bent, fenders I think are good, front bumper is demolished. AND THERE IS A RUNNING ENGINE in it....with Cold Air Intake, some other shit on it....which engines were put in the 5th Gen USDM Honda Accords?

netfreak
09-21-2002, 11:39 PM
Weren't they f22s or something?

2Fast_Fiero
09-22-2002, 12:11 AM
Yes, but weren't there also H22's, or was that just in the JDM Version? I'll ask him how much he wants for it all anyways, HeHe, I wouldnt mind owning 2 Accords. Its wrecked, it lost its value :D

89AccordNate
09-22-2002, 06:54 AM
Lol, no there wasnt an h22a put into the USDM accord....jeez....

Nate.

carotman
09-22-2002, 06:59 AM
damn, I should start selling engines to you guys!!!!

I can get those for half the price written there!

netfreak
09-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Really? Then I would be seriously interested in buying one through you!

Oh, but does that include everything those do (tranny, axles, ECU, etc)?

2Fast_Fiero
09-22-2002, 11:35 AM
You got my attention too CarrotMan :D, BTW, are you wanting go be put on the waiting list? I allready got 5 people so far, and a billion messeges left on my AIM today from people asking questions.

netfreak
09-22-2002, 01:10 PM
http://www.nippon-motors.com/prices.htm

H22A Performance Engine, VTEC
Engine + Trans: $1,950
Engine + Trans + ECU: $2,250

They also have the B18C1 package for $3000.

RobT5580
09-22-2002, 01:11 PM
I am somewhat interested in the swap but i have 2 issues and they are size of the engine and how hard is the hydro swap. I will see the size when my friend gets his but when we pulled his 2.3 the hydro lines and cables are and look like a lot of work. The shifter doesnt use a rod it is moved by cables. I probably would prefer a B-series but the H22 is a very strong motor and would be nice in our car if it fits well and can get the power down and have stronger axles. Place Racing can be a pain it the ass because back a few summers ago i was really gonna do a B16A swap because i needed a new motor and they were in the process of doing the swap. It took them a very very long time to complete the swap so i was pushed to buy a JDM A20A to get me by with a reliable engine. I spoke to Rob there many of times and it just took them way to long to finish but now they are done and the B-series are a relatively easy swap for us. I would be shocked if they started this project now and got it done by next september. (unless someone has a lot of money to dump on them to get the ball rolling).....I will keep my eyes on this if they do decide to do it but when i ready to buy my next motor (in the spring) we will see if the swap took place....

And the motor does look good in the bay by what i saw of the guys accord in Canada but i dont know how it drives and or reliable it is. But stong axles and LSD should solve the traction problem that i suspect would occur with that motor.

2Fast_Fiero
09-22-2002, 05:56 PM
There would be no traction problems, the motor is a lil heavier then our A20A motors I was told, the engine will fit perfectly in our engine bays, we just need to get axles made, and engine and trany mounts, Custom linkage needs to be made for all the people that are gonna do this swap, Ask carrotman about the Hydro Swap cause he's the genious on this matter. He says with a Kit (Engine, Trany, Custom Axles, Custom Mounts, Custom Linkage, Custom Engine Harness, ECU, and all bolt ons) this engine swap will be easier then hell!

RobT5580
09-23-2002, 09:46 AM
Its not gonna be that easy or as cheap as you say. The B16A will run you about $2000 for all the hardware from PRI. That will be everything from a/c, p/s, harness, axles, linkage, mounts etc. You can clip off things like the a/c to cut costs but the H22 will definately be more with the addtion of the hydro converter and misc extras. I have a good deal of mechanical knowledge so i know it wont be that smooth. The B16A is the best choice at the moment because the harness is premade and plug and play so it is for the most part pretty simple. I am glad that placeracing has made the mounts for us but they do have a lot of bad things running around from credible people for instace a guy had a hell of a time getting his b18c5 wiring from them and he never did get it and they sent back his regular harness not done. They came up with many excusses on why it wasnt done and after a while he took it elsewhere to get done. The reason why i have interest in this engine is because the relative cost to a better B-series is about double the cost of the H22 and the H22 has more than enough torque to move my heavy accord. Dont count on PRI till you see the end result and thats just from my experience on trying to get the B-series mounts before.

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 02:15 PM
It dont matter if I count on them or not, there is only one way to find out if they are going to do this, and thats to get 10 orders ready, the people dont need to buy the motor just yet, just get the money ready, and I need to get a car to SoCal with the Motor so they can use it to Prototype the Mounts, if they follow through, then I'll be taking all the money orders and what not to get everyone who wants them, what they have been waiting for. It is easy as I say because I've allready discused all the things that needs to be done for this, actualy I havent....CarrotMan has.

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 02:17 PM
If they dont follow through after I get the motor, then I will find someone to sell the motor and everything that comes with it for thier civic or newer accord or somethin, so its not that big of a loss, I'm just telling everyone to save up the money, keep it safe and dont buy the motor just yet because we need to first get these 10 people signed up, after I get all 10 of the people who wants them thier mounts, then they should go out and buy the motor. ITs better that way so nobody gets screwed. Cause if they save up the money for this swap, and it dont happen, they still can do a diff swap.

Jdub07
09-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Man if you only knew:toilet:

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 04:11 PM
?

night
09-23-2002, 04:28 PM
?

thats exactly what he means

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 10:40 PM
Well, he's going to have to be a lil more specific then that

89AccordNate
09-24-2002, 06:48 AM
We all think you are full of shit, its not as easy as you say, you know NOTHING obviously about this swap. Your pulling information out of your ass and trying to get people pumped for no reason. I bet you know nothing technically speaking about the engine or the swap, your relying on others information, which is wrong. You arent even smart enough to know why it wont work, you instantly think it will because it goes in other cars. If you knew anything about cars, their systems and how they bolt uo you would understand. Until you know a little, you will continue to kill your reputation on this board, and I will continue to laugh at you and take nothing you say seriously due to this long post.

Nate.

2Fast_Fiero
09-24-2002, 11:19 AM
You are the lamest person I know Nate. Your suposed "Knowledge" Overwhelms me lmao!!! Its soo funny to watch you sit there and act like you know what your talking about! Ohh well. Keep laughing, your just gettting dumber and dumber within every lil post you make.

sanjay
09-24-2002, 11:20 PM
I take it, it is generally too hard?

MSI - don't get personal... its not nice.

2Fast_Fiero
09-24-2002, 11:29 PM
I'm not, He's on ignore any more and in my mind he cannot stop me from my goal. Its not my fault he's a incometant prick. But Ohh Well.

quagmire
09-26-2002, 02:11 PM
A few points:
1) The H22 is a great motor, which doesnt get the attention it deserves thanks to the insurance reates on Preludes.
2) A hydro clutch also has more gripping power than our cable clutches, as anyone who has tried to powershift in a 3g is a witness to the cable mechanisms poor gipping ability. Though an aftermarket clutch helps, the hydro is still better suited to the power output.
3) Anyone who would go H22 over the B-series is a serious speed freak, who needs the displacement.

Unfortunately, Im in college and cant afford food, much less a H22 swap. This kit could be a godsend to the 3g community, but I'd need some more info about PRi before I'd even think about this deal. A website would be nice, as would independent opinions of their work. Sorry for the length.

carotman
09-26-2002, 02:48 PM
2) A hydro clutch also has more gripping power than our cable clutches, as anyone who has tried to powershift in a 3g is a witness to the cable mechanisms poor gipping ability. Though an aftermarket clutch helps, the hydro is still better suited to the power output.

the type of clutch has nothing to do with the gripping power, the pressure plate has

night
09-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by quagmire

omg..... :rolleyes:

quagmire
09-26-2002, 05:42 PM
What I meant was that a wimpy linkage is usually attached to a wimpy pressure plate. So for a stronger pressure plate, you need a stronger linkage, like a hydro or z-bar setup on a musclecar. Unless there are super strong linkages that I'm not aware of. Wouldn't a cable be too weak to stand up to the heavy spring pressures of a strong pressure plate?

YK86
09-26-2002, 07:16 PM
My 260HP Mustang uses a cable clutch and it does the job fine. I would have to agree with the opinion that the type of linkage doesn't really matter.

quagmire
09-26-2002, 07:41 PM
I just figured that since my clutch doesnt grab when powershifting, but never slips any other time, and since my friends 99 Civic has no problem powershifting with his stock clutch, it would be the linkage. I didnt think the cable could give enough advantage not to slip under power.
Also, I figured there had to be a reason that Honda and other OEMs switched to the hydro linkage.
Mea Culpa.

night
09-26-2002, 09:19 PM
I just figured that since my clutch doesnt grab when powershifting, but never slips any other time, and since my friends 99 Civic has no problem powershifting with his stock clutch, it would be the linkage. I didnt think the cable could give enough advantage not to slip under power.
Also, I figured there had to be a reason that Honda and other OEMs switched to the hydro linkage.
Mea Culpa.

might that be cuz u need a new clutch ??

and the only logical reason to go to hydro is cuz its 'softer'. and perhaps smoother. for whatever thats worth.
personaly i hate hydro tranny's.

PhydeauX
09-26-2002, 09:37 PM
I'll have to agree with that, its much easier to feel the cluth with a cable, even though with the act plate its feels like I'm pushing the brake pedal. The only reasons I can think of for them switching to hydro would be easier to wind a hydro line into a tight packed engine bay, and its softer to push for those with spindly girlie legs ;-P.

andy

quagmire
09-26-2002, 09:41 PM
Hydros are better for high power applications because they're more durable, ie able to take the increased spring force of a pressure plate with stronger springs. But you're right they do have the advantage of being smoother and easier to drive.
As far as my situation, its just that my clutch/pressure plate isnt strong enough to grab a flywheel spinning at high rpm while powershifting. A pressure plate could theoretically transmit enough spring force into the cable to break it, provided it was strong enough to provide that amount of force. And a 260 hp Rustang isn't powerful enough to qualify for a setup with those potential problems.

PhydeauX
09-26-2002, 09:54 PM
A hydro can put out a greater force while keeping the pedal travel at a reasonable distance, letting you work a stronger pressure plate with out haveing to work extra hard or have an extra long pedal to get the leverage you need. It has nothing to do with stength. Steel wound cable is pretty durable, and if its not strong enough you can always get a thicker one.

andy

YK86
09-26-2002, 10:55 PM
And a 260 hp Rustang isn't powerful enough to qualify for a setup with those potential problems.

LOL. I had a feeling something like that would be coming. Supercharged ones with 450+HP also have no problems running cable linkage with performance King Cobra clutches. Anyways, what is qualified as being powerful enough then?? I though we were talking about H22's and to a smaller extent, your 3g and friend's Civic???

2Fast_Fiero
09-26-2002, 11:10 PM
Place Racing Inc. H22A Engine Swap Mounts for 3rd Gen Accord:
1. NetFreak
2. MSIAccord_LXi
3. CarotMan
4. BabyBlueAccord
5. Chan (Guy In Burque W/Gold 87 Accord LXi)

Prototype Car: (Must Be Someone In SoCal)

quagmire
09-27-2002, 10:05 AM
You're right, most imports will never have enough torque to worry about the strengh. Before the 3g, I was into 4x4s where you want everything to be bulletproof as possible. So a cable is probably ok, but the point is moot with the H22, as there is no alternative. If I end up doing a b-series, then I'll probably do a junkyard cable tranny.

2Fast_Fiero
10-03-2002, 03:34 PM
Place Racing Inc. H22A Engine Swap Mounts for 3rd Gen Accord:
1. NetFreak
2. MSIAccord_LXi
3. CarotMan
4. BabyBlueAccord
5. Chan (Guy In Burque W/Gold 87 Accord LXi)

Prototype Car: (Must Be Someone In SoCal)

88LXi68
10-03-2002, 04:04 PM
LOL not giving up?

2Fast_Fiero
10-03-2002, 04:48 PM
No
But I might be making it easier for PRi cause my friend in New Jersey is making mounts for this. He's also trying to talk his friend into making custom axles for it.

Neuspeed87lx
10-04-2002, 12:43 PM
i dont understand how you can think this swap is going to be easy..and not as expensive as we all think? if it was then why has no one ever done it before...and how is the h22 swap cheaper than the b series swap ? i hope you can get 10 people and have the mounts made but i dont think you will be able too ....it would just be too expensive to do the swap...its not like you just buy the motor and mounts and throw it into your car and your off....but anyway goodluck

2Fast_Fiero
10-04-2002, 09:54 PM
LMAO Neuspeed, where have you been? You should read the rest of the posts made by me. I know thats not all you do. I'm calling up different places to get axles made, I'm gonna start learning the engine harness's so I can know which wires go to where. I'm doing my homework on this man. I allways do my homework before I do something. If I can't get the 10 people, then I'll ask PRi if they could use the mounts that are about to start being made by one of my friends who wants to make the mounts for me. I told him he dont need to, but he insists on doing it. So hopefully PRi will allow me to do that. And why the H series engine swap is cheaper is because the engine is alot cheaper, you gotta do the same things to this swap that you gotta do to a B series, and a B Series engine is a hell of alot more expencive. Unless you know some people who can help ya out, or get a kick ass deal in a junk yard for an engine that might not be reliable. And this swap has been done before. I wish I could talk to the guy who did it tho. I did up a EK9 Civic HB for a H22A motor, we didn't buy mounts or an allready made engine harness, we started from scratch just like what we'll be doin to the 3rd Gen, Except the difference is, I had to make specialized cross supports on the chassis of the Civic cause civic chassis's are weaker then hell, so the front end was way more heavily built to hold the H22A motor just perfect without the drawbacks. A guy I know flipped his car (Honda Civic) which had an H series engine in it and he didn't even upgrade the suspension to the slightest performance. he hit the brakes in a turn and it did a nosedive and twisted the chassis making the car flip.

2Fast_Fiero
10-04-2002, 09:55 PM
There was NO Support for the B Series Engine and the 3rd Gen when Juan (OldSchoolSwap) did his engine swap! So stop acting like its imposible.

YK86
10-05-2002, 12:32 AM
Actually, I think this has been mentioned already somewhere in the millions of posts in this thread but you keep saying it so I'll say it again: B series are NOT more expensive. I think you are comparing the H22A to the B18C's?? A B18A, B18B can be found for very cheap privately and from the junkyard. Around here, it's about $300-$500US with low mileage and in good shape. You can get a JDM B16A WITH cable tranny and ECU for $1200US. The most expensive B series are the B18C5's at about $5000 with tranny and ECU.

A USDM 92 Prelude H22A was $1300 for just the motor at the local wrecker. A USDM 98 Prelude H22 was $1500 for just the motor at the same place. Looking around some more, all online sites want about $2500US for a JDM 92+ H22A motor, tranny, and ECU. The 96+ start at around $4000 so I don't really see how it can be so much cheaper than a B series.

I'm fine with you informing people of this opportunity but I don't like to see people being misinformed. Don't tell people it's so easy to do something and that they should go for it when there is a lot of things that could go wrong which almost always will cost money to fix. Same goes for the body kits. Don't tell people it will fit with NO modifications and then say they need to pull out the fenders and figure out how to mount it because that is a modification. Looking at the pics, I don't know how you can get that body kit to fit a 3rd gen bumper and have it sitting pushed in more than the 3rd gen bumper sits without the kit. They must of either swapped in a 4th gen bumper, or completely removed the 3rd gen bumper skin and mounting the kit onto the 3rd gen metal bumper support, or have no support and just have the kit mounted without a support which would be bad if they were in an accident. I don't want to see people putting down $800 to buy a kit thinking it'll fit and then find out they need to do a bunch of work they may not be able to do themselves.

It's not what you are trying to do that's making some members mad but how you say and go about doing it.

Jims 86LXI HB
10-05-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by YK86
Actually, I think this has been mentioned already somewhere in the millions of posts in this thread but you keep saying it so I'll say it again: B series are NOT more expensive. I think you are comparing the H22A to the B18C's?? A B18A, B18B can be found for very cheap privately and from the junkyard. Around here, it's about $300-$500US with low mileage and in good shape. You can get a JDM B16A WITH cable tranny and ECU for $1200US. The most expensive B series are the B18C5's at about $5000 with tranny and ECU.

A USDM 92 Prelude H22A was $1300 for just the motor at the local wrecker. A USDM 98 Prelude H22 was $1500 for just the motor at the same place. Looking around some more, all online sites want about $2500US for a JDM 92+ H22A motor, tranny, and ECU. The 96+ start at around $4000 so I don't really see how it can be so much cheaper than a B series.

I'm fine with you informing people of this opportunity but I don't like to see people being misinformed. Don't tell people it's so easy to do something and that they should go for it when there is a lot of things that could go wrong which almost always will cost money to fix. Same goes for the body kits. Don't tell people it will fit with NO modifications and then say they need to pull out the fenders and figure out how to mount it because that is a modification. Looking at the pics, I don't know how you can get that body kit to fit a 3rd gen bumper and have it sitting pushed in more than the 3rd gen bumper sits without the kit. They must of either swapped in a 4th gen bumper, or completely removed the 3rd gen bumper skin and mounting the kit onto the 3rd gen metal bumper support, or have no support and just have the kit mounted without a support which would be bad if they were in an accident. I don't want to see people putting down $800 to buy a kit thinking it'll fit and then find out they need to do a bunch of work they may not be able to do themselves.

It's not what you are trying to do that's making some members mad but how you say and go about doing it.

Very well said Yasu. I completly agree.

2Fast_Fiero
10-05-2002, 08:20 AM
I never ONCE said it takes NO modifications. Not once. I said it takes MINIMAL modifications, I'm following what the guy that actualy did it suposedly said. And I tell EVERYONE the warnings of doing everything. I told everyone that this mod with the H22 will be tricky and its not going to be a peice of cake. I warned everyone about it. I allways warn everyone about the things that CAN be done to our car with and without modifications. And I tell everyone what mods have to be done. But whatever, I'm not going to argue with you nor Jim. I just dont get how all you "Knoledged" people can keep saying this is impoisible, this is imposible, ohh this is too hard, ohh you can't afford this. Bla Bla Bla!

YK86
10-05-2002, 11:14 AM
We never said it's impossible nor did I say you said it will fitwithout modifications (I was talking about the body kit when I said that). We've always said it will cost quite a bit of money and take alot of work since things need to be custom made. And I corrected you on the fact that you keep telling people the H22 is cheaper than the B series when it's not. I didn't say it's impossible anywhere in my posts because I know it can be done if you have the money. There's a guy who did it to his hatch in Ontario but we haven't heard from him since he posted some pics.

You also said in your 4th gen kit posts that it will fit no problems and you can get it to work with or without modfications. It's quite obviousy you do need to make some modifications to make it work so I pointed it out.

2Fast_Fiero
10-05-2002, 02:57 PM
I never said that it will fit with no modifications, I said that it will fit with MINIMAL modifications and I posted which modifications I was informed of. And another thing, this post is not made for asking who wants to do this swap, its made for serious people ONLY. Who want the engine mounts. Nothing Else. I will try and help people get Axles made also if I'm capable of that. but if not, then the people will have to do it themselves. THis post is only about WHO WANTS H22A ENGINE MOUNTS FOR THIER 3G???
I got another person to talk to who I just saw drive down the mountain in a nice 89 White 3G that looked Identical to OSS's old Honda.

Jims 86LXI HB
10-05-2002, 03:18 PM
. And another thing, this post is not made for asking who wants to do this swap, its made for serious people ONLY. Who want the engine mounts. Nothing Else.

Yeah so,........ And now on the 6th page of this thread you want to throw this out their like it's your "get out of jail free card". Hey look fellow's I'm not responsible for the things I said in this thread. Your not even beginning to make sense if you think you can post something in a "discussion forum" and not get a discussion. Hey if I posted a thread ,"hey who want's cheap double adjustable struts" don't you think I'd get questions?, yes you know I would. Don't post things in a forum and try and define the way others reply, it's like trying to invent a anti gravity machine, good luck with that one.

netfreak
10-05-2002, 04:31 PM
Ok guys I think I need an engine swap as soon as I can afford one.. I heard explosions out my muffler the other day and I'm pretty sure my transmission's about to fall apart too. I will be saving up for the B16A and the mounts and I will be buying them unless H22 mounts are available at that time. If I have extra cash if/when the H22 mounts become available, I'll probably buy them too, but no promises at this point in time.

Neuspeed87lx
10-05-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by YK86
Actually, I think this has been mentioned already somewhere in the millions of posts in this thread but you keep saying it so I'll say it again: B series are NOT more expensive. I think you are comparing the H22A to the B18C's?? A B18A, B18B can be found for very cheap privately and from the junkyard.

well said ... when he was saying the h22 is cheaper than the b series i was thinking he ment the b16a ...but he must have been talking about something else ....

Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXI
LMAO Neuspeed, where have you been? You should read the rest of the posts made by me. I know thats not all you do. I'm calling up different places to get axles made, I'm gonna start learning the engine harness's so I can know which wires go to where. I'm doing my homework on this man.

well im not gona sit here and read threw 6 pages of your posts about you putting this motor into your car....

2Fast_Fiero
10-05-2002, 08:18 PM
I'm not talking about puting this motor in my car, I'm talking about getting engine mounts made for anyone who wants to do this swap. Thats it.

Neuspeed87lx
10-06-2002, 06:18 PM
I'm not talking about puting this motor in my car, I'm talking about getting engine mounts made for anyone who wants to do this swap. Thats it.

well im not gona sit here and read threw 6 pages of your posts about you getting motor mounts ....

Jdub07
10-07-2002, 08:31 AM
Whoa this thread still lives?:deal: