PDA

View Full Version : Monthly meet, my place

Vanilla Sky
04-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I know it's a bit of a drive, but I'm starting a monthly meet at my place. There are plenty of pic spots here. I have a covered carport where we can work on cars. There's PLENTY of parking, so even though it's at my place, I can handle quite a few cars.

So for now, this will give us something consistent. Attend or not, no big deal. When/if the meet outgrows my place, then we'll find something larger.

This is NOT going to be exclusive to 3geez, or even Hondas as a whole. I plan on inviting other people from work over to hang out, too.

As it is, I'd consider it more of a work day than anything else. Bring tools and a project, and with several people, it can more easily be done. With a monthly meet, taking it to someone else's house is no issue, either.

I'm wanting to do this the second Saturday of every month. I know it's really close this month, but that gives everyone enough time to know if they have the day off or what-not.

One nice thing is I have basically a junkyard of 3geez available. If nothing else, cheap/free parts are always cool.

If you CAN make it this Saturday, let me know. If not, no worries.

I won't post directions to my house (with my job, it's just not that great of an idea). I'll PM the directions as needed, Google Map included.

Later on, guys.

86nlife2go
04-09-2008, 04:35 AM
Dude, I'll be there for sh......oh, FL.......dame, nevermind,lol.

2oodoor
04-09-2008, 08:05 AM
wish I lived closer, I would be there all week this week, I have a lot to do and keep getting distracted.:wave:

SZfiftyfour
04-10-2008, 12:02 PM
this weekend im going up to panama. eventually i'll make it up your way though.

Vanilla Sky
04-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Nah, man, that's cool. I figured this month wouldn't work because it was on such short notice. I just picked the 2nd Saturday because it works well for me.

Vanilla Sky
04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
If Sundays are better for you guys, I think it may pan out to be better for me, as well.

Which would you guys rather have?

Vanilla Sky
04-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Moved to Sunday, May's monthly will be 05/11/2008. There will be food!

lostforawhile
04-27-2008, 07:55 PM
i will try to make it at the june one, i am waiting for my tax refund,we wanted to go to the pick a part in florida anyway.

Vanilla Sky
04-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Which one? I'm always down for a junkyard meet, even if it's just a couple of us. It just has to be a weekend I don't work.

lostforawhile
04-28-2008, 02:00 PM
well if you have these meets each month we will go like the day before the meet or something whichever one is closest to you theres one in panama city and one in tallahassee

Vanilla Sky
04-28-2008, 02:57 PM
There's a pretty sizable one in Jacksonville, too. It's farther from you, though. It's independant, not a franchised yard, though.

Vanilla Sky
05-05-2008, 05:55 PM
I just realized that This coming Sunday is Mother's day. I know I won't be available. Since no one seemed to be coming anyway, let's hold off for a bit.