PDA

View Full Version : The mod has a question

Sabz5150
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Alright, I'm the one needing the knowledge here, and I hope my fellow SE-i owners can assist in that.

What can I do with the harness that originally went to the Bose amp? Is there a pinout somewhere perchance, and best of all... can I get rid of it? Snip it, heatshrink the wire ends and bundle it back up.

If there's a constant 12, and ignition 12, that would be reeeeeeeeal nice.

2drSE-i
04-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I would be interested in finding out about this as well. I've spent hours staring at it, and it pisses me off.

My dad at one point tried to remove it, and hes convinced that its tied into the 3rd brake light as well....

race12001
04-09-2008, 06:20 PM
just take a test light and see its that easy

Sabz5150
04-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Well, chopped the plug and section of harness and cleaned it up... nothing was lost.

2oodoor
04-10-2008, 02:22 PM
I could look on the wire diagrams for other cars made around the same year, something that would more commonly have the bose system. Did Acura or Sterling use that Bose set up?

w261w261
04-11-2008, 05:19 AM
I have a copy of the Bose Schematic. 12v is hot to the amp in accessories or run position, delivered in the yellow/red wire. The white/green wire to the amp is labeled as "switched B+," whatever that means.

smayala
04-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Not sure if this is what your looking for but here you go anyway.

AMPLIFIER OUTPUTS
Wire Function Color Note Fuse # Size Location
12V DC Battery Yellow/red 13 10 amp Relay box in right side of engine compartment
Left Front Mid + Blue/green
Left Front Mid - Gray/black
Right Front Mid + Red/green
Right Front Mid - Brown/black
Left Rear Mid + Blue/yellow
Left Rear Mid - Gray/white
Right Rear Mid + Red/yellow
Right Rear Mid - Brown/white

RADIO HARNESS
Wire Function Color Note Fuse # Size Location
+12V DC Battery(Constant) Yellow/red 13 10 amp Relay box in right side of engine compartment
Switched Accessory White/yellow 11 10 amp Relay box in right side of engine compartment
Ground Black
Power Antenna Yellow/red
Remote Turn On(output) NCA Possibly white/green
Illumination Red/black
Left Front + NCA Green, yellow, red, blue & white go to the amplifier.