PDA

View Full Version : My introduction.

Bass Man
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Well, I've waited quite a while, but I guess I will contribute to this section as well...

I spent the last 3 years at Realmofexcursion.com way before I had a 3g.

I worked 3 months at Car Tunes of Grants Pass, installing mostly complete systems and designing/building custom enclosures.

If anyone needs a design, shoot me a PM and I can design you; Sealed, Ported (CRX-Type, Transmission line, and regular), 4th and 6th order bandpass for your car, just as important as your equipment.

My equipment:
Pioneer DEH-5900IB head unit
Pioneer 3way 6 1/2's in the front(close to 3 years old and still out-performing most)
Kenwood 2 ways 6 1/2's in the back (came with the car in the front)

Hifonics BX1000D... Monoblock D class. Measured it at 912watts RMS at 1 ohm.
2 12" Mass Destruction Sidewinders... This is the first time you've heard of them, and the last time. They are increadibly sensitive and very loud for only 250watts RMS. I custom built a 4cu.ft. box tuned to 32hz that BARELY fit in my trunk, but it slams... I've heard 150+db setups and this isn't quite there, but I can say it violently shakes you.

I love my amp because I can play it full blast with the stock alternator, and it doesn't dim my headlights...

2oodoor
04-10-2008, 03:15 AM
screen name verified !!!
sounds sique. I like my music loud and appreciate heavy hitting bass...BUT I think ultimately when you approach 150db that is strictley for competition use and not music enjoyment. Which, by all means is cool and I would hook up such a system to my car only as a kicker to help it in car shows. Other than that I like to keep my eyeballs in my skull, lol
That has to be one of the coolest jobs to have!

race12001
04-10-2008, 07:19 AM
on q how would you ship the box after you build it

Bass Man
04-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I build them for the locals, but I design them for cross country...

I usually keep it down unless there is a cool song I want to bump, then I crank that Bass remote up and shake stuff...
I usually play metal/alternative music unless I am demoing.

Did you think I fish for bass??

2oodoor
04-10-2008, 01:48 PM
no man, your sig cleared that up.. lol]

eeeks egadds. I went by the sammy house today and it was GONE, I just stopped and looked at it Sunday and noticed the tag was 06 so it was not being used for sure, I was going to knock on the door sometime this week to ask.
Is is feesable to say you could crack brick walls, chimneys, and sheet rock with a lot of pressure from bass. I know you can bust plate glass windows.

Bass Man
04-10-2008, 02:47 PM
For bass to acually crack brick walls, you would need to hit 170db's at around 30hz. My goal is to hit my highest db at a very low note... Anyone can reach 150dbs with a couple 12's and 500 watts, but that setup isn't going to sound the least bit "good" as it is a one note wonder... Mine is currenty hitting around 145dbs at 35hz... Ask anyone who is big into audio, and they will tell you that is a hard task to accomplish...

As for flat pane windows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoH0e3_TjKY

That is Steve meade, the King of Street Beat. In the video, he was running 16,000 wattsRMS! of Fosgate power, and 4 18" Resonant Engineering MT's in a box he built for the Tahoe, and as you can see, the windows flex, but if this guy can't do it, I don't know who can...

On a side note, Pipo Sanchas(SP?) Broke the windshield in his pickup with about 50,000watts and 8 Sound Stream subs...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTjx19zvyFI&feature=related