PDA

View Full Version : Damn!!

Rich87HB
04-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Well my engine is done after 285k miles it decided to crap out on me just days after i did timing belt and suspension work, just days after. WHY!!! i just put money in that i did not really have and boom rod knock like a motha fucka!! it ran hella good for the 3 days, than boom, not more than an hour ago rod knock!!! FUCK!!! what can i do its my only car and has been for 10 years:sadwave: damn it like loosen a child, can i save it for cheap??:confused

Bass Man
04-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm sure you checked your oil, right?

There is an additive which our industrial mechanic swears by... But I can't remember the name...

Let me see if I can find the product... If I can, I know it will buy you some time in finding another motor, cuz this stuff is HELLA good.

Bass Man
04-10-2008, 09:24 PM
ProLong... The only reason I can remember is because it is crazy expencive. Look for it. It is $80 a gallon, so whatever that is, look for a smaller bottle.

The Mechanic who works for my dad says he got an old diesel gangtruck, which someone ran out of oil and was then knocking loudly, put this stuff in there and said it ran for another 100k miles before the tranny went out. He also put this stuff in a lawnmower that had a similar knock, and says he is still mowing his lawn with it to this day.

Rich87HB
04-10-2008, 09:29 PM
yeah oil changed 3 weeks ago, it never leaked never smoked, i am not that stupid to not put oil in it!!

Bass Man
04-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Did you check it when it started knocking??

I just changed the oil in mine and it knocked like hell for about 5 seconds after I initially started it.

Rich87HB
04-10-2008, 09:42 PM
the oil is fine its lack of pressure which i think these engines get after many HARD miles. Too much clearance between the bearings, cant keep oil pressure.

Demon1024
04-10-2008, 09:50 PM
do what i did find a running thrashed 3g and buy it/gut it i've done this 3 times with mine now. not exactly an "easy fix" but rods knocking isn't exactly an easy problem. Or rebuild it if you have the time....

Rich87HB
04-10-2008, 09:52 PM
what should i do i want to hear suggestions. Keep the car( body is shit) rebuild w/a20, buy another 3gee and start over, take out lone and buy civic(haah:barf:)

cubert
04-11-2008, 03:49 AM
what should i do i want to hear suggestions. Keep the car( body is shit) rebuild w/a20, buy another 3gee and start over, take out lone and buy civic(haah:barf:)

well you obviously want to keep the accord, but if youre taking out a loan to buy a civic you probably dont have the money to rebuild...so you would probably be best off finding a JY motor.

2oodoor
04-11-2008, 03:54 AM
problend, z max, that is some good stuff. you would not need a gallon of it though. It is not a vicosity improver but a metal condtioner.

There are lots of good A20 in the JY, most can be had for around 100 bucks with a guarantee. The oil pumps in these things have o ring gaskets in them that get hard and brittle, just like all the other o ring type gaskets (oil filter base, distributor) in them. It is just a matter of maintenance on these motors and knowing what areas to keep up with, they will go 500,000 miles.
A lot of Honda motors in the JY I would feel safe in saying, are just needing timing belts or head gaskets/ valve work.

86nlife2go
04-11-2008, 03:54 AM
aww hell no man, did you say CIVIC? lol They are cool but have you seen the new Accord? That's the ticket man, not that gay sedan, which to me looks like Sebring, but the two door.......wait, I've said that before..meh. JY motor AND rebuild of current is still cheaper man, how bout gettin a smaller loan for a rebuild?

race12001
04-11-2008, 06:12 AM
yea just rebuild it bore it out get the head reworked o and turbo that bitch or just get a jy motor and swap it

Tomisimo
04-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi there..
I know its sucks, to have this kinda luck, but dont loose it, just find one trashed 3Gee for cheap, that will take you from A to B and B to A, while you rebuild your engine you have now. and maybe modify it, with B18 rods so it will never huppend agein. The buty of buyeng a another 3Gee isthat you will havespare parts in the future.

Well good luck!! :cheers:

Rich87HB
04-14-2008, 05:40 PM
well i am not sure what i am going to do i really dont have many options since i am broke with not so good credit so even 1-2000$ is going to be hard to come buy. I would like to get another 3gee since it makes sense but i would need one in damn good shape since the one i have has a wrecked, piss poor body which will require a good chunk of change. i could rebuild the motor STOCK but that would be hard for me to do if its already out, put some money it it for power 1-2000+$. other option part it out and take over my dads 99 teg, which i would have to make payments on and would remain stock forever because all my money going to payments. oh yeah its non-vtec so drivin it is not a drastic change compared to my accord, lil better but not much. so basically thats how i am lookin at it WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

Rich87HB
06-05-2008, 10:11 PM
well i have made the decision to buy the teg, but not with out a fight. I love my 3g to death and well it died..!! my fight comes with helping fellow 3gs out, so the car will be parted out!! if u want a part ... header,wires, cam (pending), wheels, stock stuff, i need to part it out as much as possible until it goes to the crusher i am willing to deal!!
[email protected]