PDA

View Full Version : Bumper wing.. wtf is this?!

toastyghost
09-20-2002, 02:30 PM
This shit looks kind of cool but I'm not sure where it goes... I'm thinking if you fixed them to the bottom corners of the front bumper kind of like "bookends" to your front lip? If anyone knows what the intended use of this shit is please tell me, I'm thinking about adding this to the custom kit!

http://164.109.57.200/images/LR1FrontBumperWingTipBlack.jpg

A20A1
09-20-2002, 03:53 PM
hmm you could do 2 things with that...

either stick it on both corners of the bumper... or add a thin plate inbetween the two and use it as a front spoiler.

some bumpers already have them molded into the corners... I'll see if I can find a pic.

you could always do other things like have them come off the rear bumper @ a 45 degree downward angle. or stick them out the sides of the bumper and make it look like conards? (not sure if I spelt it right)

Mike's89AccordLX
09-20-2002, 04:35 PM
Toastyghost I know what those are actually for, they bring the air in to cool off your front brakes. I read that in my old Sport Compact Car Mag. I am interested in A20A1's reply on how to put the metal piece between them and mount them on that way. That might look pretty nice. :rice:

toastyghost
09-20-2002, 04:51 PM
Looks like you would have to drill a hole through the vertical pieces to mount it to the bumper... But I'll look into that, it might be easier than taking the spare bumper cut I was going to do for my lip. (From the angled part above the grill, turned upside-down and curved recess cut in the middle.)