PDA

View Full Version : newbie from mich

4sillypwr
09-20-2002, 02:31 PM
hey what's up guys! i hail from crx.resource.org . i have a 89 crx dx with mpfi conversion and a 87 prelude si w/ A20a3. i am going to save most of my money for the rex. so i am looking for cheap power for the lude.

#1 how built is the bottom end of the a20a3? IE how much nos can it handle stock?
#2 where in god's name do you find headers or cams?
#3 what kind of hybrid swaps can you do to this motor besides the jdm swap?

thanks for the help guys the cruisen car has to have a little bite

GreenMachine
09-22-2002, 03:15 PM
You can get a cam re-ground from colt cams
as for your other questions ?

smufguy
09-22-2002, 05:28 PM
about the NOS, i would say with stock pistons 30 shots but do talk to Juan(Oldschoolswap) of this forum.

headers for a A20 Series engine with being an Efi is from pacesetters. They are the only ones who make it for a A20 series.

You can do a B16 or a B18 engine or u can go with full custom mount (you or someone u should make this) for a h22.

Good luck bro, i dont know how much weight ur crx would handle, but do upgrade ur front shocks from stock (if u did not) to better and stiffer springs.

4sillypwr
09-22-2002, 08:28 PM
hey thanks guys i was thinkin about a 20 shot myself. not much of a gain but i don't like fabricating enough to make a junkyard turbo realistic. and i am to cheap to spend money on an A series engine.

Kevin
11-13-2002, 11:45 AM
I have a friend that a had CRX that ran a 75 shot!!! The moter was fine until he bumped rev limiter!!! If you dont have any leaking or burning of oil and like a header and exhaust a 75 shot will give some serious speed!!! Usally take like 2 sec off your 1/4 mile!!!!!