PDA

View Full Version : hey guys need some ideas for performance

rawrxcawr
04-15-2008, 10:29 AM
hey well i just got an 89 accord with the 2.0 a20 carb inside it ive had it for less than a month i really dont know that much about this engine and i know you can swap a bseries engine on it but i dont have the money to do that, is there anything else offered in the market that i can add to get that nice street power performance and that wont be that expensive i right now i have a low budget so i want something cheap before i upgrade to a bseries some day

GraniteLXI
04-15-2008, 10:52 AM
You cannot directly just swap in a B-series like you can most civics. It would require some custom mounts, a lot of time, money, and work! Don't mean to let you down, but much of the work done to 3geez require fabrication.

As far as inexpensive performance mods you can do a few things with the carb setup I believe. I'm running EFI so im not sure about all that can be done to a carb setup beyond the usual Intake/exhaust.

Remember, the search button is your best friend, oh and :welcome: ^_^

ghettogeddy
04-15-2008, 11:16 AM
you def bought the wrong car for cheap performance you can do some tweaking and get a lil out of the carbed ones but nothing that your gona say wow what a difference

and as granite said you cant just swap a b motor in unless its a jdm accord b20a and good luck finding a running motor with everything to swap

Nafs Asdf
04-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Or a EDM B20A2/A8...

snoopyloopy
04-15-2008, 12:43 PM
hey well i just got an 89 accord with the 2.0 a20 carb inside it ive had it for less than a month i really dont know that much about this engine and i know you can swap a bseries engine on it but i dont have the money to do that, is there anything else offered in the market that i can add to get that nice street power performance and that wont be that expensive i right now i have a low budget so i want something cheap before i upgrade to a bseries some day

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead:
search. this topic has be hashed and rehashed and rehashed again on these forums. if you plan to be spending time under the hood, then spending a few hours using the search button will not hurt you at all. gogogo.

MessyHonda
04-15-2008, 04:58 PM
just do a tune up...and be happy

Vector
04-15-2008, 07:52 PM
header/exhaust. or atleast get a 88-89 efi exhaust manifold/exhaust.
coltcams stage 2 cam.
remove blackbox/vacuum lines. - might make it harder to start when its cold.. .but the performance is worth it.

custom
04-19-2008, 05:55 AM
HUH? what are you talking about? why would you want twice as many vaccume lines.

you can get vacum line t-fitting from advance auto. the plastic kind. you know? it goes from 1to 2. you should be able to doulble them up on one line. and get four lines going from on rout.

lostforawhile
04-19-2008, 06:03 AM
you can get vacum line t-fitting from advance auto. the plastic kind. you know? it goes from 1to 2. you should be able to doulble them up on one line. and get four lines going from on rout.
HUH? what are you talking about? why would you want twice as many vaccume lines.

lostforawhile
04-19-2008, 06:06 AM
read this thread it will help you a lot. http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64613

custom
04-21-2008, 12:15 PM
maybe i shouldnt have said like that without explaining my self properly... now-if you plug up one(1) vacume line on the intake, purchasing a t-fitting from the auto parts store will make two(2) vacume lines from one out let on the intake. therfore, getting more air to the cylinders. better?

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-21-2008, 12:35 PM

basic mods lile a intake, header exhaust, cam gear, etc... Where are you located?

BITESIZE
04-21-2008, 01:16 PM
maybe i shouldnt have said like that without explaining my self properly... now-if you plug up one(1) vacume line on the intake, purchasing a t-fitting from the auto parts store will make two(2) vacume lines from one out let on the intake. therfore, getting more air to the cylinders. better?

WTF are you talking about? :Owned:

custom
04-22-2008, 11:04 AM
i should have said Y-fitting does that help? look at the "Y" and see how a vacum hose could go relate to it "BiTeSize". you know what a vacum hose is right?

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-22-2008, 11:51 AM
i should have said Y-fitting does that help? look at the "Y" and see how a vacum hose could go relate to it "BiTeSize". you know what a vacum hose is right?

He undertstands the theory your explaining, the only problem is your theory doean't make any sense thats what he's confused about. You want to have less vaccum lines, not more.

custom
04-23-2008, 10:01 AM
thats what im trying to explain, less vacum lines. take the single end of the "Y" connect it to the intake. and blockthe one removed. to place it to the other side of the "Y" and branch it off from their.

86ccord
04-26-2008, 08:01 PM
uhm.. carb lid flip.. tune up.. SEAFOAM.. new plugs.. exhaust..intake.. thats basically it.. take back seats out.. weight reduction...idk.. go for it.. search.. be happy

turabaka
04-26-2008, 11:07 PM
^^custom I think you have it all wrong. The idea is to get rid of ALL of the vaccum lines, or at the very least most of them. no more black box. I don't know if this is what you're trying to say, but your explanation makes it sound like you think vac lines are helping to put air into the intake that then that goes into the engine.

russiankid
04-27-2008, 07:36 AM
^^custom I think you have it all wrong. The idea is to get rid of ALL of the vaccum lines, or at the very least most of them. no more black box. I don't know if this is what you're trying to say, but your explanation makes it sound like you think vac lines are helping to put air into the intake that then that goes into the engine.

Agreed. More air doesn't mean more power, because more air requires more fuel, but with the stock setup putting more air in is just pointless.

gfrg88
04-27-2008, 09:31 AM
:slap:<<custom

86ccord
04-27-2008, 05:02 PM
:slap:<<custom

lol!

turabaka
04-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Agreed. More air doesn't mean more power, because more air requires more fuel, but with the stock setup putting more air in is just pointless.

well more air isn't all bad, but adding vaccum isn't going to increase air flow. I mean a 38 weber flows more air, and with that setup there's only one vac line going to the dizzy.

MessyHonda
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
i hate you werber guy...cuz its ilegal here to put a better carb on my dx....damn cali smog

turabaka
04-29-2008, 09:56 AM
^^ it technically is for me too since I still have emissions testing, but we don't have full inspections so as long as it passes I'm all good. I'll probably have to lean it way out, and retard the timing to get it to pass though.