PDA

View Full Version : broken headlight switch

sawalters21
04-16-2008, 06:47 PM
when turning on my headlights tonight and the little knob that you turn to turn on the lights felt stiff while going into the parking lights and then when i turned it to put on the headlights it broke and now the parking lights are permanently on and i have to disconnect the battery when i park the car. wondering if anyone can shed some light on how to fix this problem, before i try to fix it and make things worst. so far i think i can just change the whole stick, but not entirely sure, haven't got a chance to look at it yet.

ghettogeddy
04-16-2008, 07:02 PM
for now pop the fuse for the lights
but yes you have to replace the whole combo switch

Dr_Snooz
04-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Definitely a Pick-N-Pull item. I believe those levers on the steering wheel are part of a module that slips over the steering column. Get the part from Pick-N-Pull and you'll be able to break stuff with impunity while you learn how to take it all apart.

ghettogeddy
04-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Definitely a Pick-N-Pull item. I believe those levers on the steering wheel are part of a module that slips over the steering column. Get the part from Pick-N-Pull and you'll be able to break stuff with impunity while you learn how to take it all apart.

yes it is part of a whole unit both combo switches are one piece
its actually real easy to remove

blackcougar141
04-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Hey, if you need one, I think I have an extra one....just let me know.