PDA

View Full Version : halfshaft problems

glovlude
04-20-2008, 02:57 PM
I cant seem to get the halfshaft back in all the way on the lift side,it is new and its not working.

Oldblueaccord
04-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Well easy thing first is the threaded end goes to the outside. other then that make sure the shaft you have looks like the old one. The end that goes into the trans-axle has a clip on the end that does need to be snapped in firmly. You could try a piece of wood on the inner joint and a hammer being carefull not to hit on the boot if you can.

wp

Bass Man
04-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Mine did the same thing...

If you put it in a little crooked, it's gonna give you fits...

About 2 days before my CV went, I replace the exhaust and didn't want to deal with that strap that comes down and secures the exhaust to the back of the block, so I bent it out of the way... When I replaced the axle, I noticed it was a little hard to pull out than the previous time, so I yanked real hard and it came out... Put the new one in and it didn't want to go in!
Took me about half an hour to see the strap was pushing the axle sideways a little bit...

But that is unlikely your problem, and it acually sounds like the C-clip on the end of the axle is in the way. If there are any burrs on that clip, file it down and try again.

Dr_Snooz
04-20-2008, 08:53 PM
How far will it go? I had trouble with mine stopping about 1/8" from home. Turned out the new oil seal I had installed was getting caught between the shaft & the diff. I only found it when I saw that my new seal was all destroyed from my shoving on the shaft.