PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding 99 Oasis (98 Odyssey)

DBMaster
04-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I know this is not an Accord question, but it applies. My daughter is learning to drive (scary) and she had a minor mishap with the ex-wife's Oasis. It is similar to our FI Accords as it has a resonator box inside the passenger side of the bumper cover. She hit a curb and trash bin and ripped away the plastic fender liner. The resonator box is made out of a more brittle white plastic rather than the flexible black stuff that we have. The box is separated from the intake tube and is cracked open on the bottom.

Now the question. What is the actual risk of water getting pulled into the intake? It seems to me that without any kind of covering that a lot of splash would get on the resonator box and could possibly end up the the intake. I am trying to figure out how urgent this is to fix to tell the ex. I would hate to see my former vehicle in a junkyard after hydrolocking. It already looks like a sled compared to when I was taking care of it.

Thank you for your opinions, amigos.

A18A
04-21-2008, 06:26 PM
i would just remove the box & the hose that goes to it from t he intake

forrest89sei
04-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Hostile java has one send him a pm

MessyHonda
04-22-2008, 12:19 AM
yeah i dont think java is very active anymore

DBMaster
04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
The ex took it to her mechanic. He said about the same thing I did regarding the small risk of hydrolock so they are ordering the part.

carotman
04-23-2008, 03:07 AM
It willnever hydro lock from the resonator box. There's another place the engine gets air so there will never be any vacuum applied there.

DBMaster
04-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks for that. I just noticed on my own car - after 19 years - that the air intake also pulls from the fender area outside the resonator. :)