PDA

View Full Version : Car Accident :(

Phil
09-20-2002, 09:53 PM
Ok in this small town near me, theres a light going one way and a stop sign going the other. Right near that ice cream place. ANyways. Im driving along its wet then all of the sudden this black cavalier comes out in the middle of the intersection stopped at his stop sign and went. When i had a green, i slammed the brakes, pulled the e brake and nothing happend. I kept sliding. Slammed into his car... He gets out and his pants fell down, then his wife walks out....hrmmmm. Anyways i get out and i start yelling and hes yelling back and my gf steps out and were all bitching right there in the middle of the intersection a tow truck guy behind me pulls off and comes out. they guy goes off to his lil corner and calls the cops i was like good ur at fault asshole. Enoguh people saw it was like 930 so these two nice ladys come up to me and stick next to me...and tell me what to do and say there a witness and shit. Another nice guy tells me where hes going and said if i needed him he saw the whole thing. So now this guy who i hit comes up to me and says look at your car (my right light signal needs to be replaced and i have a lil dent about one inch in next to my flip up light and thats about it. Below his bumper hes FUCKED. SO he says to me ok buddy how bout this I give you money and you come to my palce now and we exchange info and what not. THe fucker had no insurance or license on him. I was like no we can just wait for the cops he says fine. So now theres all kinds of people watching and what not. THen he comes back again trys to talk me out of it. Wuldnt take no for an answer, telling me the lady witness dont know shit and that repairs would beunder 300 and my insuarance rates would go up. So the tow truck driver comes up and tells me and points out to me 2 cars a van and a truck sitting on the side of the road and says they had the exact smae thing happen, same place same deal and theyve been waiting 2 hrs for the cops. By this time my gf had her dad come down casue this fucker was being an idiot to me and wouldnt back off. He was saying h0ow he has 2 kids and drives for a living, he'll loose his job, facing mad repairs, and facing mad charges he cant afford and shit. Then these other 2 tow truck come and i ask them what should i do. Should i wait for the cops or should i go to the first tow truck drivers shop and have the owner coem down and get an estimate on my car and they will pay for everythign. I didnt know what to do. THey said saves him a ticket and you mioght get a little money out of it. After talking to the cops 2 times then haviung him call the cops i decided fine lets go to shop and get an estimate. Despite what everyone was saying even some 19 yr pold was watching from a distance and was knodding dont go to me and my gf, but i dunno i was lost, panniced and this fucker wouldnt get out of my face so i said fine lets do it. SO we left. Now 11pm were at some shop in a few towns over. THe owner comes out, reall nice guy and says if the driver who i hit pays me 300$ the shop guy says he will be able to fix my damage for no more then 300$, and i have that in writing. SO the guy who i hit, gave me 300$ and he said i should just replace the lgiths forget the dent and keep like 200$ to myself, but i dunno. THe shop guy says he will give me a car for the day or two days he has mine for free.

Now what should i have down. Will i be good? AM i lucky or am i an idiot, I wanted to stay there......

anchovies
09-20-2002, 10:02 PM
wow tht was long...
anyway, what's done it's done!!
Don't stress yourself about it too much. You didn't lose much right?

Sorry to hear.

A20A1
09-20-2002, 10:03 PM
its always good to wait for the cops just in case, but I don't know if I would have waited in your situation.

ACCORD EX
09-21-2002, 07:30 AM
if i were you i would have done the same thing ! this way you don't have to mess with insurance , cops , shitty routine ! so now you are happy and he is happy ! and better keep the 200$ for your self ! and get the lights only ! :D

MIKE

shepherd79
09-21-2002, 07:51 AM
i would say you did just fine.
try to fix the car. don't worry about the money.
if it takes $300 to fix just fix it. you won't lose anything.
i say fix it man.

Phil
09-21-2002, 08:05 AM
i went back and the shop said hed do the lgiths for $150. So I called my machanic and he said hed do it for 50 anmd i ahgve to go to the junk yard and get the stuff. The others guy car has over 1000$ cnd.

tyne89
09-21-2002, 09:23 AM
i think youll be alright ive had almost the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago only difference is he hit me, he left, and i didnt get shit out of it. i think youll be ok and if the damage to the light isnt to bad you could do it yourself for the price of the light. if fact which light is it i have a spare passenger said light sitting around that id give you for the price of shipping from detroit. the only problem is its blue and the plastic detailing is the 89 style not the 87 style.

Immeraufdemhund
09-21-2002, 11:30 AM
Does anyone have the head light holder.. mine got smashed last night?

pimp86LX
09-21-2002, 05:28 PM
you pulled the brake? am i mistaken or is it not a Parking Brake rather than an emergency brake?? i sure as hell don't want all my wheels locked up if i'm gunna nail someone

but anyway, sorry to hear bout all that shit

AZmike
09-21-2002, 09:18 PM
you did what i would have. you'd get 3 years of higher insurance rates and have wasted more time. there was no reason to wait for the cops.

Phil
09-21-2002, 09:28 PM
i was just told that i might have been at fault. SInse he stopped at the stop sign and proceded into the intersection even though i had a green he was there first i should have yeilded to him. So i think i got REALLLLY lucky last night

netfreak
09-21-2002, 09:57 PM
Since when do you yield to traffic when you have the right of way?? Then again everything is weird in Toronto :D

87accordlx
09-22-2002, 09:44 AM
no you had the right of way no question about it, when you are at a stop sign you have to wait till it is safe to go

smufguy
09-22-2002, 05:49 PM
ahhh come on ppl the dude was in a daze, he was geeting a blowjob from his wife. hehehe, his pants fell down and wife walks out. hehehe, that is hilarious man. put that to the police, he would be crapping his pants laughing. but i would say, u got a nice deal. and everything is nice until u pulled ur ebrake. ur lucky u did not spin out. sorry about the damage bro, i wish i could be as luck as u. my car is even in a worse condition than urs.

::sobs::