PDA

View Full Version : mechanical sedondaries

import racer
04-24-2008, 10:39 AM
ok so i did the mechanical secondaries two days ago. so yesterday i jump in the car to go and gas peddle had no resistance.pop the hood and take off air filter and look,turns out the throttle is stuck all the way open.does any body know whats causing this.i only put the nut on hand tight and yes i removed the washer first.

BITESIZE
04-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Sounds like you shouldn't work on your car. j/k, I don't know what the hell you could have done.

2oodoor
04-24-2008, 10:46 AM
hard to tell you on something like that without seeing it, sounds like a return spring on the shaft is missing or out of position

import racer
04-24-2008, 10:50 AM
on the part that you remove from drivers side you put on the pass side,do you put everything back on yhat side or doesn't matter.

2oodoor
04-24-2008, 11:45 AM
On the secondary shaft, was there a clock spring under the linkage? something has to return it to closed if the primary linkage isn't
The secondary shaft is not supposed to move as soon as you move the throttle, it is supposed to move about mid way through the travel of the primary linkage.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3134

import racer
04-24-2008, 12:47 PM
i just took off the washer and put the arm on and hand tightened the nut,didn't touch anything else.i meant on the other side i took the piece off of.do i put the rest back on that i took off or not.

import racer
04-24-2008, 12:49 PM
oh i still have the choke connected ,gonna check that out when the rain stops.