PDA

View Full Version : In the Words of Jim Carey, SMOKEN'!!

theBeline
09-21-2002, 05:02 AM
:wtf: Yeah Soo, I'm driving to school and (keep in mind I have only a drivers seat in my hatchback right now) I notice something in the passengers side foot well.
:smokin: First thing that came to mind was "Yeah, smokein', dam straight." Then I realized. Wait, it really is smokeing CRAP! I pulled off the road and sat for a few, then drove the rest of the way. :wtf:

WHat the hell happend? I was driving rather... agresivly, I gues, and my clutch is bad (I can redline it at a stoplight) but thats only after I have driven it for an hour or so. it's got 255k on it, and I checked the oil, fine. Simply, I don't like smoke, its unsettleing, so it some one could help me out, yeah, that would be nice...

ACCORD EX
09-21-2002, 07:25 AM
check your valve cover gasket may be leaking a few drops on the exhaust manifold !
does your car overheat ! ?

MIKE

shepherd79
09-21-2002, 07:54 AM
my valve cover gasket is leaking and oil drops on exhaust, andit is smoking.

BigCook
09-21-2002, 09:51 AM
Check your brakes. If your driving fast and braking hard the brakes will smoke.This normal happens when brakes are first installed or need to be replaced. You can only see the smoke when you stop and sit for a few seconds.

theBeline
09-21-2002, 03:17 PM
nah, I was moveing, it might be the valve gasket.... I'll check.

88WhiteLX-i
09-21-2002, 07:37 PM
are your power steering cooling lines leaking?? the ones that run in front of the radiator. Well, mine are and they leak power steering fluid on the radiator and it smokes. It only does it sometimes though, mostly when I start up on a hot day. I wanna repair them. Would it be easier to pull out the radiator or remove the bumper to fix them, I mean replace them??