PDA

View Full Version : Bypass injector resistor box

A18A
04-28-2008, 09:21 PM
I have high impedance injectors, and after searching, I found out I need to bypass the resistor box. Is all I have to do is solder all the wires that go to that box together? after looking at the manual, it looks like that's what i need to do. yes I have actually searched, I just want to know if anyone can confirm this? Or any better ideas?

cygnus x-1
04-29-2008, 06:05 AM
Basically yes. Connect the 12V power wire that goes in to the box, to all of the four wires that go from the box to the injectors.

C|

A18A
04-29-2008, 06:38 AM
i read somewhere that bypassing the resistor box could burn out the ecu, is that why you say to just connect them to 12v instead of let the ecu power them?

cygnus x-1
04-29-2008, 10:00 AM
The ECU still has to fire the injectors no matter what. The resistor box is there to limit the current drawn by the injectors. If you have high impedance injectors the extra resistance is built into the injectors themselves, so they don't need an external resistor. If you used low impedance injectors without the resistor box (with a stock ECU) you would probably burn out the ECU.

If you have an ohmmeter (digital multimeter, whatever) you can measure the resistance of the injectors. 2-3 ohms means they are low impedance. Around 12 ohms means they are high impedance.

C|

A18A
04-29-2008, 06:27 PM
thanks, that's all i needed to know :)