PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Hoods in Marketplace

Site
09-21-2002, 06:06 AM
Puttin' together a group buy for Carbon Fiber Hoods. Good performance upgrade! Check it out in the marketplace here:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6456

smufguy
09-24-2002, 01:45 PM
u will be suprised to know that the ceramic engineering guys in my college (Rutgers, NJ) do custom carbon fiber hood for anyone. its $300. but the only problem is, they dont have a mold and that means they need to have ur hood to do it. pretty funky, but hey, for $300, anyone woudl do it,

and on the side note, is carbon fiber hood a performance upgrade? or an upgrage on looks? that 40lbs is aint gonna make u go fast right?

Mike's89AccordLX
09-24-2002, 01:52 PM
I don't think you will notice the drop in weight but it'll look tight as hell. People who ask me a good way to get rid of some weight on their car around here, I tell them to lose some of their own weight. Then the seat won't be under so much pressure. hehe And if the person loses weight they will look good too. This summer I stopped drinking pop and I lost 30lbs. I didn't eat less, thats for sure. I'm a huge guy, 6'6" 200lbs. I would put a carbon fiber hood on my car if I could find someone to do it for $300 bucks. :rice:

Site
09-24-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
and on the side note, is carbon fiber hood a performance upgrade? or an upgrage on looks? that 40lbs is aint gonna make u go fast right?

Any weight reduction on your car will improve your HP to weight ratio, and yes enought reduction will produce better speed.

Also, carbon fiber releases heat better than steel so your engine bay stays cooler, that's a plus, too. And they look tight if you're into that kinda stuff.

djsbon
09-24-2002, 02:48 PM
rutgers?!?! my mom used to work there, and i know 5 (excluding the ones expelled from the university) people that go there.. hit me up dawg, [email protected]

My 89 Accord Lxi
09-24-2002, 04:55 PM
What exactly does a carbon fiber hood do perfromance wise or is it just a style cuz i personally wouldnt just get one to have one but anything for performance

My 89 Accord Lxi
09-24-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by My 89 Accord Lxi
What exactly does a carbon fiber hood do perfromance wise or is it just a style cuz i personally wouldnt just get one to have one but anything for performance :stupid: i feel dumb now cuz i just saw that my question was answered :stick: