PDA

View Full Version : tranny shift problem possably bad tranny

xxxfrankensteinxxx
04-29-2008, 03:28 PM
well my car was shifting odd before sometimes i had to let off the gas before it would shift, now it will start up shift fine maybe half hour later it will quite working except chug at 8000 rpm and only reverse works any ideas? its parked in my driveway since I'm to afraid to drive it. its auto carbed

russiankid
04-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Fluid change, and why the hell did you get up to 8,000rpm? I am not even sure that is possible even with a carb(stock setup)

xxxfrankensteinxxx
04-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I've went past 8000 but only for a few seconds cause it was in the middle of road. I'll try a fluid change i did one not to long ago but well see

russiankid
04-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Also, check the TV cable adjustment.

xxxfrankensteinxxx
05-03-2008, 06:25 PM
gonna do a tranny flush tomorrow is it safe to use a a air compressor to blow it out? also im putting in some lucas hope it helps, will also check adjustment

russiankid
05-03-2008, 06:34 PM
From what I hear Lucas doesn't really help, but I could be wrong. I wouldn't use an air compressor, you may blow some crap into areas where it will really harm the tranny.

Dr_Snooz
05-03-2008, 06:58 PM
gonna do a tranny flush tomorrow is it safe to use a a air compressor to blow it out? also im putting in some lucas hope it helps, will also check adjustment

I get the feeling you are about to make a big mess of your tranny. Take it to a shop have it properly flushed.

russiankid
05-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I get the feeling you are about to make a big mess of your tranny. Take it to a shop have it properly flushed.

I was thinking the same. Best thing to do is drain the fluid. Pour some fresh fluid in, drive it around for a little bit, and repeat several times.

MessyHonda
05-04-2008, 09:28 PM
yeah they have special machines that do flushes or do the russiankid way if you have enough money for 2 or 3 flushes.

xxxfrankensteinxxx
05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
thanks guys i didnt do the air compressor just threw it up on ramps and drained her, threw in some lucas at first and topped her off with some castrol, she was leaking out ot the tranny at first but after i started her up i havent noticed any leaking and has been running fine, still gotta adjust the shifting tho, next up is motor oil change lol thanks guys,