PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Cam Gear

bank2me
04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
So what is the advantage of the adjustable cam gear over the stock cam gear. Either way you would have to take off the belt right?

russiankid
04-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Key word is 'adjustable". This means you can adjust it(timing). I don't see any value of putting this on a stock engine.

P.S.Yes you have to take the belt off.

snoopyloopy
04-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Key word is 'adjustable". This means you can adjust it(timing). I don't see any value of putting this on a stock engine.

P.S.Yes you have to take the belt off.

you can still toy w/ the power band even with a stock engine. you're just not gonna see really big gains. (and if you're looking for big gains, why are you dicking around w/ the a20 to begin with?)

russiankid
04-29-2008, 05:35 PM
you can still toy w/ the power band even with a stock engine. you're just not gonna see really big gains. (and if you're looking for big gains, why are you dicking around w/ the a20 to begin with?)

I doubt it is worth it.

turabaka
04-29-2008, 07:58 PM
It's really only worth it if you're running a really wild grind cam, or turbo, or things like that. Something crazy that would require some major tweaking to the timing.

MessyHonda
04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
even with my stock engine with cold air intake and exhuast...mine was retard couple degress and it had a very nice pull at high RPMs...felt like vtachkkk

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-30-2008, 12:14 AM
It's really only worth it if you're running a really wild grind cam, or turbo, or things like that. Something crazy that would require some major tweaking to the timing.
Not true at all.

ghettogeddy
04-30-2008, 12:21 AM
have fun trying to find one lol id let mine go but for a very large sum of cash lol

Hauntd ca3
04-30-2008, 12:36 AM
if you serious about performance
get your head flow benched,send the spec to the company that'll be doin your cam and ask them to do the grind so it will be right at fact timing marks
the main cam grind co. down here used to do that unless you spec otherwise
thay should be able to get it within 1 degree without to much hass

2oodoor
04-30-2008, 03:29 AM
So what is the advantage of the adjustable cam gear over the stock cam gear. Either way you would have to take off the belt right?

Ok tell me how inside any realm of your altered reality could the replacement gear be possibly placed on the same location as the original without moving the belt. Please I would like to hear this..\
Advantages? it looks really cool with all the little numbers and dashes on it, like a round ruler or something man, like you can measure time and space to infinity because it twirls and spins on and on with those little numbers and wow it could be the key to the universe and like wow man you are in control of the universe man because you hold the key, you hold the key to make the ruler stop, so yeah man you control the destiny of the universe man .

You don't have to remove the belt from the engine, just slide it back and slide it over the new gear after it is installed.
You can buy a shiny black powdercoated key to the universe man for the low price of 225 US dollars , shipped

A18A
04-30-2008, 03:36 AM
Ok tell me how inside any realm of your altered reality could the replacement gear be possibly placed on the same location as the original without moving the belt. Please I would like to hear this..\
Advantages? it looks really cool with all the little numbers and dashes on it, like a round ruler or something man, like you can measure time and space to infinity because it twirls and spins on and on with those little numbers and wow it could be the key to the universe and like wow man you are in control of the universe man because you hold the key, you hold the key to make the ruler stop, so yeah man you control the destiny of the universe man .

is that why they're so expensive :)

Nafs Asdf
04-30-2008, 03:44 AM
Hmm, there's a guy in Finland who makes adjustable cam gears for B20A's :)

90€, About $140 USD... But of course you need two.

http://tbc-shop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/24/products_id/63

2oodoor
04-30-2008, 03:46 AM
Hmm, there's a guy in Finland who makes adjustable cam gears for B20A's :)

90€, About $140 USD... But of course you need two.

http://tbc-shop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/24/products_id/63

VERY Interesting sir !!thanks!

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
have fun trying to find one lol id let mine go but for a very large sum of cash lol

i have my custom one for sale still.

evil88accordLX
04-30-2008, 02:22 PM
like a round ruler or something man

that is called a protractor.......

knarg
04-30-2008, 05:41 PM
hey that's only 50% round O_O

evil88accordLX
05-01-2008, 12:13 PM
^^^ well you've got me there......