PDA

View Full Version : Im over it

levon2008
04-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Aright complete honesty how long do you think it will take to completely rewire a 89 honda accord front to back.

The previous owner tore this car apart every time i follow wires i see them cut some where leading to a dead end. After looking around for a bit i find where it eventually goes.

So with this said i want to pull a mad scientist and rip the damn thing apart. I want to take out the dash, seats, carpet, well everything and follow all the wires and place them correctly.

The only thing im affraid of is the fact that when i looked at one of the wires it looks like a tv cable cord like for comcast, only diffrence is the wire in the middle is like speaker wire, so its speaker wire wrapped in plastic cover followed by another wire wrapped in plastic around the first.

I dont know how this connects is the out side wire to block interference from the other wires around it? i have to get some pics up

But how long would you say it would take.. And how many would give me props after its done :)

Levon

forrest89sei
04-29-2008, 10:07 PM
I'd get a wire harness from pick n pull

Tomisimo
04-29-2008, 11:58 PM
I think the TV like wire is an Antenna for Your radio.. Anyways, the whole rewiring will take You some time, if You done it before, you look at 3 days minimum.. if not, it might take a while...

A18A
04-30-2008, 12:05 AM
shouldnt be too hard, prolly a couple days since you would need to strip down another accord to take all the wires from that too

MessyHonda
04-30-2008, 10:39 PM
yeah wiring sucks

turabaka
05-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah I've been wanting to do that too, but I'm way too lazy. I already pulled the dash once, and I really don't want to do it again.

Hazwan
05-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Wiring should be fun lol.

Anyway, getting new harness from another car would be the best bet.

And yeah get some pics. I need to see how bad the wiring is.

bank2me
05-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah Levon get a harness from the junk yard would be the best bet rather than looking through that whole mess. Good luck man