PDA

View Full Version : My plans for the 3gee

Legend_master
04-30-2008, 05:06 AM
I know I have been MIA around here lately, but I thought I would update you all. I decided on a crazy new swap for the ride. I was going to go with the k-swap, I but in stead I will be going with a j32 v6 mated to a 6speed transmission. I have already sourced the engine, but I am having a hell of a time finding the transmission. I also have the option to go with a 3.5L, but I would like a little more revability. I know it sounds like a crazy swap, but you guys know Im always down to try some crazy shit. Let hear what yall think :cheers: .

A18A
04-30-2008, 05:28 AM
cool!

thegreatdane
04-30-2008, 05:35 AM
I call BS ! ............ lol welcome back man! sounds like a pretty damn interesting swap which will probably be more difficult than a K swap, so props for wanting to go with something unique and totally different from all the civic/teg guys!
So when are you planning to start cutting a hole in the enginebay for it?
How's the hatch, is the damage repaired or you going with a new shell?

Pico
04-30-2008, 06:40 AM
thats going to be amazing when you get it done.

2drSE-i
04-30-2008, 06:49 AM
sounds like a trip man! let me know if you need anything

2oodoor
04-30-2008, 07:02 AM
it can't be done

make me a liar :) that sounds like a sique swap Legendmaster, good luck and start posting pics of the motor, parts and progress as it occurs please..
good to see you back on!

Legend_master
04-30-2008, 07:23 AM
I dont think the engine size will be a problem check out this EF with a j30

http://is.rely.net/1-2664-65721-l-zhajWHQQsLhq40qv6CSrUg.jpg

We have plenty more room then that. All Im worried about is wiring, tuning, and finding the transmission. I plan on turboing in the future.

A18A
04-30-2008, 07:42 AM
where's that intake pipe going :shocked:

Legend_master
04-30-2008, 07:46 AM
where's that intake pipe going :shocked:

All I can assume is that its going to a cooler box or something along those lines. They probably ran out of space under the hood, and stuck it under the dash. I would want mine to look a little closer to factory, so I wouldent do anything funky like that.

Legend_master
04-30-2008, 08:30 AM
I call BS ! ............ lol welcome back man! sounds like a pretty damn interesting swap which will probably be more difficult than a K swap, so props for wanting to go with something unique and totally different from all the civic/teg guys!
So when are you planning to start cutting a hole in the enginebay for it?
How's the hatch, is the damage repaired or you going with a new shell?

Sadly enough, Im gonna use my hatch to moch up the mounts and all that stuff. I will be going with a different hatch body. I dont really like the salvage title thing, plus all the parts never really line up right again after repairs.

Civic Accord Honda
04-30-2008, 08:53 AM
thats going to be amazing when you get it done.
word

hell yeah man that shit should be awesome when its done :D :D :D

evil88accordLX
04-30-2008, 09:14 AM
what car is the j32 from?

ghettogeddy
04-30-2008, 09:44 AM
what car is the j32 from?

J32

The J32 displaces 3.2 L and is a SOHC VTEC design. Bore is 89 mm (3.5 in) and stroke is 86 mm (3.4 in). Output was 225 hp (168 kW) for the J32A1, with the J32A2 raising output to 260 hp (194 kW) and 232 lb·ft (315 N·m) @ 3500-5500 rpm. A more aggressive camshaft, freer flowing intake/exhaust, and a 2-stage intake manifold all result in a 35hp increase over the J32A1. The J32A3's output in the 2004/2005 TL is 270 hp (201 kW). SAE corrected hp for the 2006-2008 TL is 258 hp (192 kW). The J32A3 also includes the one-piece exhaust manifold cast with the cylinder head, first introduced on the J30A4.

* J32A1
o 1999-2003 Acura TL
o 2001-2003 Acura CL
* J32A2
o 2001-2003 Acura CL Type-S
o 2002-2003 Acura TL Type-S
* J32A3
o 2004+ Acura TL

evil88accordLX
04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
well hell yeah! id buy that for a dollar!

Hash_man_Se_i
04-30-2008, 01:24 PM
hahaha damn legend... I was wondering what you were up to... you're crazy!! I think you're nuts, but all the power to you, good luck with the new build.

thegreatdane
04-30-2008, 02:55 PM
I dont think the engine size will be a problem check out this EF with a j30

[IMG]http://is.rely.net/1-2664-65721-l-zhajWHQQsLhq40qv6CSrUg.jpg

We have plenty more room then that. All Im worried about is wiring, tuning, and finding the transmission. I plan on turboing in the future.

lol I dunno I think it looks pretty big. It's sticking out everywhere on that civic. When he's done cutting out holes in the hood for it there wont be much hood left to put back on with that civic hehe. You are definately going to have to sink it in deep in the engine bay.
Which J32 engine do you have then?

bobafett
04-30-2008, 03:24 PM
joo crasy bish. :) it will be glorious if and when it gets done though. :)

good luck man, I feel that you might need it on this one!

forrest89sei
04-30-2008, 03:26 PM
I know I have been MIA around here lately, but I thought I would update you all. I decided on a crazy new swap for the ride. I was going to go with the k-swap, I but in stead I will be going with a j32 v6 mated to a 6speed transmission. I have already sourced the engine, but I am having a hell of a time finding the transmission. I also have the option to go with a 3.5L, but I would like a little more revability. I know it sounds like a crazy swap, but you guys know Im always down to try some crazy shit. Let hear what yall think :cheers: .

Well This is what I think :bow:

Thats going to be a FAST 3G, So best of luck and Props for that hard of a swap and for sticking around :rockon:

carotman
04-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Sounds cool. Nothing a welder and some cold beer can't do :D

knarg
04-30-2008, 05:34 PM
all i have to say is,

holy shit that engine is HUGE

86ccord
04-30-2008, 05:35 PM
well bro looks like you have a challenge ahead of you! show us or them wrong.. i beleve that you can do it.. anything is possible.. just time money and knowledge thats all you need.. in my opinon...

WELL... GOOD LUCK!

AccordEpicenter
04-30-2008, 07:16 PM
I <3 j32A's. Bolt ons NA get you quite a bit of hp, too bad theyre soo expensive

87roach
04-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Awesome, can't wait for this to unfold.

MessyHonda
04-30-2008, 11:54 PM
wicked

cubert
05-01-2008, 02:51 AM
youre insane.

but i think its some sort of plan to take the attention off of you owning a del sol :lol:

Good to see youre still around....keep us updated...this is gonna be an insane car when youre done.

86nlife2go
05-01-2008, 03:34 AM
That guy...he gon put the....inside the....with the.....and....EEEEYEEAAH!!!

word to ya motha legend...phantoms like a mofo. lol

Catalyst
05-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Aaaweeee Yeahhhhhh Thats gonna be wicked.

Can't wait to see some progress, good luck LM.

Legend_master
05-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I plan I taking the entire wiring harness from an accord/cl and place it in the three gee. I will also leave the old harness for the blinkers and such. Making axles work will probably suck, but definitly doable. Another error will be converting from cable clutch to a hydro. I'm thinking about using the parts from the 88 legend for that.

Hash_man_Se_i
05-01-2008, 04:36 PM
^^ Legend... Try out the hasport cable to hydro adapter they just came out with... I'll probably be trying it with my b18, looks like a nice piece.

Legend_master
05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
^^ Legend... Try out the hasport cable to hydro adapter they just came out with... I'll probably be trying it with my b18, looks like a nice piece.

I have looked into that before, the thing is I dont know that the bolting position will be the same as a k and b. Those are the only type of transmissions they make the kit for.

frantik
05-01-2008, 07:58 PM
good luck with this project.. you've already taken 3geez to new levels.. this is just silly :thumbup:

Tomisimo
05-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Damn.. I had that Idea a long time now You.. Well all I can say, GO 4 IT!! :cheers:

Hash_man_Se_i
05-02-2008, 07:52 PM
I have looked into that before, the thing is I dont know that the bolting position will be the same as a k and b. Those are the only type of transmissions they make the kit for.

I was talking about this kit... should work with any motor I would think.

http://www.hasport.com/images/cma-ani.gif

Legend_master
05-03-2008, 05:52 AM
I was talking about this kit... should work with any motor I would think.

I havent seen that one yet, looks like that would work perfectly. Where does it mount for leverage?

NotFast
05-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Very nice legend. You still live in Arlington?

blazin3gen
05-25-2008, 08:41 PM
if anyone here can pull off miracles it is u my friend

bodyarmour
10-16-2008, 02:41 AM
very very very interested....how are you going to solvr the tranny on the wrong side issue..just make it fit?...have read of people using the type r box on it...with all the torque it puts down youll barely have to modify it anyway...fuck it will be fast...good luck and by the way which bracket are you using for the type r brakes with the legend disks? i have tried the t23 (98accord with j30 under the hood) and t25(accord wagon 91) so far and its still about 5mm too short to bolt up? (i like wandering the junkyard) i know there is a t28 also

RamThis
10-20-2008, 09:17 PM
I plan I taking the entire wiring harness from an accord/cl and place it in the three gee. I will also leave the old harness for the blinkers and such. Making axles work will probably suck, but definitly doable. Another error will be converting from cable clutch to a hydro. I'm thinking about using the parts from the 88 legend for that.

If you need axles let me know, I have a great driveline shop that does top notch work. Since I have one good shell from my original Accord, I had some funny ideas for it myself. And, it would definitely need some driveline work!!! The place is off HWY 10 just down from Bell Helicopter, where Precinct Line crosses if I remember correctly. Big yellow building. He built me a CV axle better than the new ones I got from Awful Zone from my old one when Awful Zone couldnt find one that was the right length.

Also if you need any welding done I now have a nice new MillerMatic 251 MIG welder, can do up to half inch plate. Yay!!! Motor Mounts FTMFW!!! Now I just need to find a local place that has a waterjet or laser CNC cutter for clean cut plates n such.....

Legend_master
10-21-2008, 05:24 AM
If you need axles let me know, I have a great driveline shop that does top notch work. Since I have one good shell from my original Accord, I had some funny ideas for it myself. And, it would definitely need some driveline work!!! The place is off HWY 10 just down from Bell Helicopter, where Precinct Line crosses if I remember correctly. Big yellow building. He built me a CV axle better than the new ones I got from Awful Zone from my old one when Awful Zone couldnt find one that was the right length.

Also if you need any welding done I now have a nice new MillerMatic 251 MIG welder, can do up to half inch plate. Yay!!! Motor Mounts FTMFW!!! Now I just need to find a local place that has a waterjet or laser CNC cutter for clean cut plates n such.....

I actually scrapped this project, Im going turbo and completely wire tucking the engine bay. What I really need is body work for the damage in the rear of the Accord. Everything else I can handle myself, anybody that you can recommend in the area Ramthis?

A18A
10-21-2008, 05:49 AM
wow thats a cool device right there

MessyHonda
10-21-2008, 10:47 PM
good to hear you are still working on the 3gee

RamThis
10-23-2008, 08:06 PM
I actually scrapped this project, Im going turbo and completely wire tucking the engine bay. What I really need is body work for the damage in the rear of the Accord. Everything else I can handle myself, anybody that you can recommend in the area Ramthis?

You change your plans like I change my underwear, like once a month or so LOL.

Honestly around DFW I dont know of any good shops that do work to the quality I like. Only body shop I know is good is Weatherford Collision on Hwy 80. They do awesome work up there. I dont have the tools to pull the back end out straight or Id do it for you. Im only really tooled up for welding/replacing panels and paint work, not any sort of pulling to straighten a unibody.

If you check out www.RiceKiller.com they supposedly have some good shops listed in their advertiser sidebar. They definitely will also know of some places around here and your immediate area as well they could recommend.