PDA

View Full Version : B20A header choices

2oodoor
04-30-2008, 02:17 PM
I see there are some Hedman headers in the Summit catalog for B20A5 preludes, anybody know the quality of this brand on imports?
I don't see a lot of choices for even those prelude headers which need new holes to fit the Accord B20 motor ( also making the downpipe curve to fit )

carotman
04-30-2008, 02:25 PM
You only need to slot 2 holes a bit on the head. I guess Honda made it this way so they don't make a mistake when they installed those at the factory,

2oodoor
05-01-2008, 03:41 AM
I guess this is a better question for PP, regarding hedman brand headers

Hauntd ca3
05-01-2008, 10:17 PM
the headers i run are for a poolude and i didnt have tomod them to get them on.
well apart from the bend where they turn under the sump
just cut abit out so it lined up right and welded it bck to the flange.

AccordB20A
05-27-2008, 07:13 PM
theres something about a b20a5 which means gay ya know... like using b20a5 headers will decrease your power not increase it lol

MessyHonda
05-28-2008, 12:20 AM
didnt the greatdane use h22 headers on his car

TWOLOUDNPROUD
05-28-2008, 10:04 AM
didnt the greatdane use h22 headers on his car

Yes he did and here you go.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56446

2oodoor
05-28-2008, 01:49 PM
any news on the Hedman Headers? Looks like Im going to be using the cast exh. manifold

2oodoor
10-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Ok, yet another set back on this project... I always over come them thouigh. The downpipe bolts are all stripped, so I have to take out the whole cast manifold and all.. WRONG. I have the motor mount removed, ps pump and lines AGAIN.. that puppy is not coming out short of removing the front crossmember.. WTF this is agrivating.
Now I could pull out the death grinder (hand held 7 inch cutting wheel) and cut the downpipe off, but that leave me with a patched up POS exhuast with cast manifold and IM not going to have it. SO , Im looking for a header no exceptions. PP had two upper DC headers for a prelude B20,which would be perfect since I have the Accord downpipe DC header already welding in place. No go on either of those sales, No contacts on either one. Any body know somebody who has that DC upper for sale or either the whole header for reasonable? I really want this thing done before next weekend since I was all set to drive it THIS weekend.... FFFFFFFFFF

bullard123
10-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok, yet another set back on this project... I always over come them thouigh. The downpipe bolts are all stripped, so I have to take out the whole cast manifold and all.. WRONG. I have the motor mount removed, ps pump and lines AGAIN.. that puppy is not coming out short of removing the front crossmember.. WTF this is agrivating.
Now I could pull out the death grinder (hand held 7 inch cutting wheel) and cut the downpipe off, but that leave me with a patched up POS exhuast with cast manifold and IM not going to have it. SO , Im looking for a header no exceptions. PP had two upper DC headers for a prelude B20,which would be perfect since I have the Accord downpipe DC header already welding in place. No go on either of those sales, No contacts on either one. Any body know somebody who has that DC upper for sale or either the whole header for reasonable? I really want this thing done before next weekend since I was all set to drive it THIS weekend.... FFFFFFFFFF
So you are using the A20 exhaust with the B20A?

2oodoor
10-29-2008, 11:38 AM
So you are using the A20 exhaust with the B20A?

lol, no man... the A20a1 that was in this car, I had a dc header on it and the downpipe is still hanging there welded to the flexpipe which is welded to the 36 inch muffler. I was going to cut it and weld to the downpipe (b20) but that plan failed miserably. I did not really want it as loud as it was before anyway and I can use this dc header setup on the other car which has an A20a1.
I started out with this plan, and have taken a lot back off the car to get the iron anchor off, no way it is coming out of there with out more removal.. or cutting up the downpipe. Now it must go because it has challenged me. lol

EX-ileAccord
10-29-2008, 07:00 PM
this guy says he finds the hedman headers better then the dc on his accord. Doesn't say what year accord tho.
http://www.carreview.com/cat/exhaust/exhaust-headers/hedman-hedders/PRD_1054_2873crx.aspx

all V8 reviews. http://www.hotrodders.com/cgibin/rls/magpie/do/display.cgi?product-sku=00237

AccordB20A
10-29-2008, 11:38 PM
welcome to the wonderfull word of the 20 year old b20a exhaust. Allways use a 6 point socket and you wont go wrong. But it looks like ur in a spot of bother

b20a86lude
04-26-2009, 04:32 PM
im thinkin of getiin some custom b20 headers . i want to them to look like a turbo manifold cuz i heard thats the best flow

AccordB20A
04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
you do that lol