PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, A/C works now but not much

POS carb
09-21-2002, 08:51 AM
Hey everyone
My A/C used to cool so much that it would fog the windows in the morning but the compressor took a shit 4 years ago and it's been sitting like that ever since, I also got in an accident that smashed my condensor and some lines. I got some boneyard parts, a new reciever/dryer from Honda and went to a mechanic a friend of a friend knows (you know how it is). Anyways this guy used to fix cars in Cuba or something so he's pretty ghetto but he put on new seals and we replaced the dryer and we connected everything and he only charged me $70.00
he says the compressor is good and everything but I may need a new condensor... Where do I get one cheap? Any other suggestions for what I should checK?
Eric

I'm paranoid here cuz everyone drives like an asshole who is 10 minutes late to meet with the president of the US and every other car has a smashed headlight or a dented door or missing/dismembered bumpers etc... :(

but my friends think my car looks cool, I especially like it when people go, "That car looks nice, what year is that, 93?" and I'm like "No it's 87" and they're like :huh: and I'm like :flip: Long live the 3geez :super:

POS carb
09-21-2002, 08:52 AM
oh the A/C cools now but only enough to keep me from sweating, I know it can do a lot better than that. That's with the fans running full time too.

doug
09-21-2002, 09:08 AM
i'm thinking it's alot more humid in Miami that San Diego, plus the
heat and you end up putting alot of work on the A/C system.

BigCook
09-21-2002, 09:31 AM
When my a/c stop blowing cold, I converted to 134a. and added maxie cool. Now it blows ice cold and only cost me $40 to convert