PDA

View Full Version : Blower motor not working on medium-high setting

nfs480
05-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I was driving home with the blowers set to medium-high when they suddenly shut off. All the other settings worked, but the medium-high setting now just shuts off the blowers. I tried searching the forums since I would think there would already be a topic on this but the threads I found didn't seem to offer much help. I'd assume it's a wiring problem or a fuse but I can't find this kind of problem in the shop manual diagnostics, any suggestions? And which fuse controls the blowers?

nfs480
05-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Ok, so i've finally figured out the circuit diagram in the shop manual. It looks like it could either be the blue/yellow wire from the fan speed switch to the blower resistor, or the blower resistor itself. My question is, where is the blower resistor, I can't find it on any of the illustrations.

Hazwan
05-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Usually its the resistor going out. The resistor is inside the blower. See this thread for pics of the resistor in place: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64774

nfs480
05-04-2008, 06:48 PM
oh wow. Looks like this is gonna be a summer project. I can't even figure out how you'd replace the resistor.

nfs480
05-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Oh I see, it looks like I can just unscrew it and it will come out of the bottom of the blower motor casing and I won't have to take anything else apart.